An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

dells_of_bittersweet

I'm a good Catholic because I had a massive argument with an unfortunate Protestant who decided to ride in my car.

That and I had a throwdown with my Youth Minister over who wrote the Gospel of John.

I'm a good Catholic because I went to Confession.

I'm a good Catholic because I love Jesus, and you do too!

Edited by BG45

Deus te Amat

I am a good Catholic because I spent half the morning thinking about the importance of changing one's name in the religious life and how God works through that choice...

I'm a good Catholic because I saw something in what I was to read and dwell upon in my penance that I had never noticed before somehow in something I read a million times. (I might be less than good because I didn't stay for Daily Mass.)

I am barely a good Catholic. I go to Mass every day, except Thursdays. I like to go Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Steep myself in the Lord and the Holy Mass. I go to church 45 mintues to an hour before Mass so I can pray a rosary and then talk to Jesus about what a sinner I am and ask him for forgiveness and mercy. I stay and pray for 15 minutes after Mass because I just can't get myself to leave my sweet Jesus. I pray the Liturgy of the Hours, the chapet of Divine Mercy and try to find a half hour a day for just mental prayer with my Lord. I have a Holy Hour once a week and try to go more often. I never miss First Fridays Divine Mercy Hour devotions. I spend an hour a day in spriritual readings. I try to pray unceasingly with the Jesus Prayer as I go about my day. I try to get to confession every two to three weeks. I don't like my job so I really battle trying to do it with Love. I fail miserably at that. I have more vices than virtues. I have tons of knowledge, but no wisdom. I was just received into the third order of the Discalced Carmelites and yet, I can't see myself growing in holiness. I would like the Lord to just ZAP me into a saint because I am incapable of changing into a good and holy person. I would like to go the martyr route, but not sure how to go about that. It just seems so much easier. I am a pretty good Catholic, but a pretty good sinner too. Must it always be this way? I fear my love is shallow and I am more enamored of the gifts and consolations I receive than anything else. Who would not love consolations? I am completely, totally, head over heels in love with my Lord Jesus Christ, but that is the love that He gives me to give Him. I am not capable of that kind of love that He deserves. Oh well. That is all I have to say.

[quote name='Aragonn' timestamp='1309400266' post='2260595']
I actually see this as a negative (for me anyway). I end up so distracted by the liturgical abuses that I don't pray enough and walk out of Mass angry. This is why it's best for me to stick to the Old Mass and conservative parishes :dance:
[/quote]
There are never any liturgical abuses in my church, but to be on the safe side, never look up. Eyes closed, pray, pray, pray non stop through
the Mass. Sit in the front row, head down, eyes closed. immerse yourself in the prayers of the Mass. Do the same whereever one goes. Pretend
you can''t hear all those people socializing two rows behind you before Mass starts. Do not turn around and give them the look, shush them or tell them to SHUT UP. It does not go over welll. Keep all our focus on the altar, on Jesus, on the Eucharist. Pretend no one else is in the church with you. Pray to God to smite the drums or blow up the soundboard. Pray unceasingly for mercy. I love MASS.

faithcecelia

Im a good Catholic because I did not strangle Corin when he had me up for the 47th time last night. Or any other of the 45982 times. Much as I was tempted.

I'm a good Catholic because I'm praying the Office of the Dead today to honor my grandfather. :love: I've never done this particular Office before, and I was surprised at how positive it is (I was expecting lots of gloomy psalms). :)

faithcecelia

I'm a good Catholic because I helped lots of tourists out on the bus yesterday by telling them when we came to their stops.

And I'm off to adoration and EF Mass in a moment too.

I'm a good Catholic because I've done my daily prayers for the dead; including one person I never knew personally, but a dear friend years ago asked me to pray for and I have daily since.

I'm a good Catholic because I went to Confession!!

I'm a good Catholic because I did my daily Divine Mercy Chaplet for grandma's comfortable passing whenever it comes.