An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

I guess I'm a good Catholic. After the day was done I went to the parish to pray my Divine Mercy Chaplet for grandma, and before I did, I just knelt there and said to the Tabernacle, "Thanks for being here for me Lord. You know how freaked I am about Qualifiers. But I'm studying hardcore, people are praying for me, and You are with me. You've not brought me this far to fail; this year alone You led me to the perfect apartment for the lowest price and I've gotten my travel funding for two conferences. You got me a roommmate when I moved up last year, and travel funding. You've lead me to Catholics my own age. You've watched over me every step of this, and this will be no different. Thank you Lord. You'd think by now that I'd learn to trust what the small picture of the Divine Mercy on my bedstand says and actually live out the words, 'Jesus I trust in You!'."

faithcecelia

I went to my first new translation Mass and got all the responses right, in spite of 4yr old taking up most of my attention.

LaPetiteSoeur

I'm a good Catholic because I walked down to the Church, said the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Chaplet of Love, and the Rosary! Now if only their daily Mass would start up, along with all the activities--I have to wait until MONDAY.

I'm a good Catholic because I received on the tongue for the first time ever today. I was sitting there and two ladies were next to me, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. After they received on the tongue last week I said to God, "My pitiful excuse for never doing it was that I'd not know how/look like a fool trying to figure it out/didn't want to do it alone. If they show up next week again, I will." So I had my internal debate moment when I remembered that, and said "I made a promise to God, I gave Him my word. It would be sinful for me to lie to Him...so I have to do it."

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313877825' post='2292104']
I'm a good Catholic because I received on the tongue for the first time ever today. I was sitting there and two ladies were next to me, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. After they received on the tongue last week I said to God, "My pitiful excuse for never doing it was that I'd not know how/look like a fool trying to figure it out/didn't want to do it alone. If they show up next week again, I will." So I had my internal debate moment when I remembered that, and said "I made a promise to God, I gave Him my word. It would be sinful for me to lie to Him...so I have to do it."
[/quote]

Good for you, dude. Easy, right? All that worry for nothing. (Like always. ;))

On a related note, I'm a good Catholic because I didn't bite the priest today! :|

i'm a good Catholic because i went to Adoration and really tried to listen to what God was telling me (but it was super hard - I think I'm spiritually deaf).

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1313882612' post='2292171']

Good for you, dude. Easy, right? All that worry for nothing. (Like always. ;))

On a related note, I'm a good Catholic because I didn't bite the priest today! :|
[/quote]

You bite the priest? o.o And thanks! You were right all this time (as usual), it was easy...even if it did traumatize the poor EMHC.

I forgot to post another reason I'm a good Catholic. I went to the church library to study my notecards for Qualifiers after my morning walk. I'm there for about two hours when there's a knock on the door. It's this 80-some year old history professor wanting to ask about he book sale. So I take him to where we store the stuff until it's sorted, answer to the best of my abilities. Then four people who run the book sale came in to pack those books and take them to where we store it all until the sale. So the head of the book sale answered his questions while I ended up helping the other three pack a van. While we were packing a woman came with four boxes worth. Then as we finished packing, another woman walked up, "Hey I don't know who to talk to, but I'm having a yard sale. I don't want to pack all the books when I'm done, is there any way I could donate them to you all?" So I spent time I would've studied helping my parish prepare for the only fundraiser of the year, a fundraiser I helped with last year...and didn't so far this year due to Quals.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313883080' post='2292176']

You bite the priest? o.o
[/quote]

It was an accident, OK. :|

[quote]And thanks! You were right all this time (as usual), it was easy...even if it did traumatize the poor EMHC.[/quote]

I hate going to EMHCs for this reason, unless it's a friend. A lot of the time when you open your mouth they either look like you grew two heads, or give you the host like you have a disease.

Maybe if you can, try shuffling your way over to the priest's line -- they are generally much more adjusted to people who receive on the tongue. Even if they have to touch you a little.

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1313883727' post='2292187']

It was an accident, OK. :|

I hate going to EMHCs for this reason, unless it's a friend. A lot of the time when you open your mouth they either look like you grew two heads, or give you the host like you have a disease.

Maybe if you can, try shuffling your way over to the priest's line -- they are generally much more adjusted to people who receive on the tongue. Even if they have to touch you a little.
[/quote]

It's okay Missy, I bit the dentist once...

And yeah, she seemed grossed out and like I (and the two women before me) had grown two heads. I can't really shuffle over to Father's line though...we have three main seating sections and he's in an entirely different one that empties uber fast. Then he takes the Eucharist to the people who can't go up front. Which is amesome, because by the time I get back to my pew I kneel down and start praying when I hear Father right behind me, "The Body of Christ" to an old woman who can't walk without her walker.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313883917' post='2292189']

It's okay Missy, I bit the dentist once...[/quote]

Well, yeah, but that kinda comes with the territory. :unsure:

[quote]I can't really shuffle over to Father's line though...we have three main seating sections and he's in an entirely different one...
[/quote]

So...walk fast...or (I know this is heresy in Catholicism) sit in his section next time! :shock: :hehe:

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1313884350' post='2292191']

Well, yeah, but that kinda comes with the territory. :unsure:

So...walk fast...or (I know this is heresy in Catholicism) sit in his section next time! :shock: :hehe:
[/quote]

It does for priests too, to an extent. :|

And heresy!! I just finally got the old people to acknowledge me as a human being in my section after A YEAR! :P No really, twas pretty cool. Last week a guy named Bill introduced himself to me, saying he'd seen me up there a lot. This week, most of the old people actually said hello to me. :shock:

How about Daily Mass if I can sometimes? :)

I'm tempted if I can. I just don't know if it'll be possible between class and work. The morning of classes it's a no, because of time restrictions. Dunno how lenient the boss might be. I'm full time advising this semester instead of split between it and another prof...meaning I'll spend the full amount of assistantship hours in an actual office. I've not been to a Daily Mass in years though lol, and only twice when I have been. And we know how poorly the first time turned out with the womynpriest. :|

Sorry you're starving without it... :( You've got my prayers on it and ACTS.