An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

I am a good Catholic because I will be going to bothe confession and Mass at Westminster during my day of culture on Thursday.

I am a good Catholic, because I went to the cemetery today and prayed for the souls in purgatory and asked them to pray for me, even though it was raining the entire time I was there. I also found all my family members that are there, except my great-grandma.

I don't know if it makes me a good Catholic, but I think it makes me a good human being. One of the first years was really nervous and started stumbling over himself in a presentation earlier on an outcome evaluation summary he did. When it was over he was still fumbling over one point he couldn't remember and was apologising profusely (even by my standards, and I apologize for everything). Having actually read the evaluation he had covered, I gently asked if he was trying to recall that the 22 investigators had such a wide geographic area due to the way they were spread out between federal jobs and universities. He smiled and thanked me and managed to go on for about five minutes on it after I jogged his memory.

Im a good Catholiv because I went to confession at Westminster cathedral today, my fave place for the sacrament of reconciliation.

I'm a good Catholic because I will be getting to Mass [i]somehow[/i] tomorrow! Saturday is usually the one day I simply cannot get, but as its the Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham - a personal favourite, the final vows of a friend, and a Solemnity for the Ordinatiate who I now worship with, I will find a way!

Im a good Catholic because I phoned my mother for the first time in about 2mths, and also told her to not even think about giving me anything for Christmas, and to give the £s to my brother and sil instead.

I'm a good Catholic because I got to Mass early and Father W. commandeered me again after my prayers (and I didn't complain) to put out ministry sign up sheets for those who didn't fill them out last time for CCD and such. It was fun!

Edited by BG45

I am a good Catholic because I went to Mass this morning, even though I really, really didn't want to get up when my alarm went off. I went to Mass where I went this past weekend, and if I didn't like the priest enough then, he actually incorporated the Feast of St. Wenceslaus into the Homily and so we actually got to learn about a Saint!

I am a good Catholic cos I go to confession every week...

...but then again, I'm a bad Catholic, cos I hafta go every week :|