An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

i went to Mass this morning with my dad because today's Mass intention was for my mom.
i also said the rosary before Mass with my dad.

I guess I'm a good Catholic, though my reason sounds kinda weird. It warmed my heart this morning when I drove through McDonalds and was waiting on my food and I heard one of the employees go, "I love that guy. He's always nice and treats us like we're people."

I'm a good Catholic because I went to Confession? (Even though the only priest in about 50 miles of here who has them today is big on butt kicking and long penances.)

I'm a good Catholic because I said all my prayers that I'd usually say at night except Compline already, that way when I get home from the game, I won't get lazy and not say them!

Preparation is key, I suppose.

I went to Confession after a really long time today, and was really really honest.

I also apologized to my spiritual director for the grudge I've been holding against him for six months. :| LOL.

I'm a good Catholic as I did not react at all to the kids who mucked about whole way through Mass this morning and instead prayed that God would guide more families with children to the parish.

I'm probably a good Catholic because I'm doing today's part of a week long penance again in case I did forget to do it earlier. I was still mostly asleep this morning in the shower when I usually start my daily prayers. :huh:

I'm a good Catholic because I am taking Corin ro Quarr Abbey so he can watch 'the men, the [i]men!!!'[/i] and I can have a few minutes with the Blessed Sacrament.

I'm a good Catholic because I charitably talked to the priest about the wack prayer intentions that ended with "Compassionate Mother and aarrr Father of us all." He didn't write them, so it's not his fault. But I really, really, really hope it doesn't happen again. Or I might die of a heart attack.