An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Reminder: Sspx Ordinations Are Illegitimate

Lil Red

havok579257

i just don't see how people can be in support of the sspx on these boards and act like their seperation is with good hearts. they refuse catholic teching. they refused to listen to the pope and did the exact opposite of what he ordered them to do. how is that with a good heart. if the pope came to you and ordered you not to do something and you still did it, how could you honeslty think your heart is in the right place? how is this any different than other christians who have refused to submit to the pope and formed their own religion?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310410532' post='2265832']
i just don't see how people can be in support of the sspx on these boards and act like their seperation is with good hearts. they refuse catholic teching. they refused to listen to the pope and did the exact opposite of what he ordered them to do. how is that with a good heart. if the pope came to you and ordered you not to do something and you still did it, how could you honeslty think your heart is in the right place? how is this any different than other christians who have refused to submit to the pope and formed their own religion?
[/quote]
I agree. I fail to see much difference between the pope telling the SSPX to stop ordaining people and Nancy Pelosi to stop supporting infanticide. Both persist in their error despite what their superior commands them to do.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1310398828' post='2265744']
Except to complete the analogy, you would also have to walk over to the score board and throw another point there with your own two hands because, beaver dam it, you scored that point whether he agrees with you or not.
[/quote]
Right, because the SSPX have forced the entire Catholic world to accept their interpretation of the rules.

Probably my hypothetical person stays on the plate arguing, then gets ejected from the game, as per the rules of the game. Still fits.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310429485' post='2266034']
Right, because the SSPX have forced the entire Catholic world to accept their interpretation of the rules.
[/quote]
Well it sure ain't for lack of trying.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310429485' post='2266034']

Probably my hypothetical person stays on the plate arguing, then gets ejected from the game, as per the rules of the game. Still fits.
[/quote]
No. In your hypothetical, you'd have to go form your own league because you disagreed with the umpire, and then hire your own umpires in your own league that have to follow your interpretation of the rules.

Sure, you'd still be playing baseball, just not in the Major Leagues anymore, with no chance of ever winning a pennant.

the SSPX is BASEketball

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lB_DsiW-2gI/TVvqMtwfxWI/AAAAAAAAACE/r23M2lZtNZ8/s1600/baseketball.jpg[/img]

don't....

it's pretty much a knock off, thinking they can do their own thing, failing miserably...

oh, you meant the movie....

:|

Yeah was going for the movie...

I tried to read the SSPX site once; their fidelity didn't exactly leap out in my face from their FAQ. They actually have the closest Traditional Latin Mass to me I think, in Pittsburgh as I found out just yesterday.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1310430233' post='2266043']
No. In your hypothetical, you'd have to go form your own league because you disagreed with the umpire, and then hire your own umpires in your own league that have to follow your interpretation of the rules.

Sure, you'd still be playing baseball, just not in the Major Leagues anymore, with no chance of ever winning a pennant.
[/quote]
:( i hate sports analogies. idgi.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1310437012' post='2266131']
:( i hate sports analogies. idgi.
[/quote]
Just think of it as when baking a cake, you use splenda and margarine in place of white sugar and butter. Does that help?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1310494643' post='2266404']
Just think of it as when baking a cake, you use splenda and margarine in place of white sugar and butter. Does that help?
[/quote]
oh, so it tastes cr[i][/i]appier?

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1310494992' post='2266407']
oh, so it tastes crappier?
[/quote]
Very good. You're a quick study.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1310495441' post='2266413']
Very good. You're a quick study.
[/quote]
ya just gotta speak the lingo. ;)

fides' Jack

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1310430233' post='2266043']

[/quote]

And then when somebody starts up a forum about MLB, you can go and start arguments about how your league is better, because your umpires are more faithful to the "true" sport of baseball, and even the spectators in your stands are more respectful toward the sport. You might even consider starting your own forum to support your own league... :|

I'm not breaking any rules by being sarcastic, am I?