An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestant Pedophiles

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1310174758' post='2264771']
That was not what you said above. You used the name "Demon Callers" as another word for Protestants, specifically in your post at 6:27 pm.
[/quote]

Perhaps I should have been more specific, and said that some Protestant Denominations (Not all) accuse people of being Demons.

And as a Catholic I do not like that. I especially would not like that if I were an Atheist.

Edited by infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1310146696' post='2264520']
Reason why I am asking is because I'm pretty sure that Protestants like to hold that against Catholics....when the reality is they should be policing themselves up a little bit more.
[/quote]

The legend of the "pedophile priest" is a myth. If you look at a hundred cases of sex abuse, maybe one will be s case of pedophilia, i.e. the victim is prepubescent. So basically, it's extremely rare. Cases of sex abuse among Catholic Priests are actually rare as well, several studies have revealed around 1% of clerics had legit accusations. By "legit," these studies meant they cautioned on the side of error, so even that number may be conservative. Of those 1% of cases, the overwhelming majority involve males in their mid to late teens, and so the issue is not pedophilia but homosexuality. But who expects the media to get their facts straight!

The myth is fostered by enemies of the Church who use it to promote "reforms." I.e. permitting married priests, ordaining women priests, etc. It's also used to undermine the moral authority of the Church. E.g. why should I listen to the Church about condoms when they permit pedophilia...

So yea, don't buy the propaganda. Instead, buy _Anti Catolicism: the last accepted prejudice_ by Philip Jenkins. He's thoroughly investigated the scandal and dedicates an entire chapter to it in his book.

Winchester

[img]http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/battlefield-series-news/943206253d1271879759-bad-company-2-kit-upgrade-dlc-normal_thread-i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg[/img]

Norseman82

I've found it's not so much the Protestants but rather the anti-religious people who like to bring up the subject in an attempt to silence the voice of the Church on moral issues. In a way, it is a new form of "Godwin's Law" (mentioned in another thread), only instead of Hitler people bring up pedophilia.

Edited by Norseman82

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1310245585' post='2265060']
I've found it's not so much the Protestants but rather the anti-religious people who like to bring up the subject in an attempt to silence the voice of the Church on moral issues. In a way, it is a new form of "Godwin's Law" (mentioned in another thread), only instead of Hitler people bring up pedophilia.
[/quote]
I agree.

infinitelord1

[quote name='mortify' timestamp='1310202033' post='2264909']
The legend of the "pedophile priest" is a myth. If you look at a hundred cases of sex abuse, maybe one will be s case of pedophilia, i.e. the victim is prepubescent. So basically, it's extremely rare. Cases of sex abuse among Catholic Priests are actually rare as well, several studies have revealed around 1% of clerics had legit accusations. By "legit," these studies meant they cautioned on the side of error, so even that number may be conservative. Of those 1% of cases, the overwhelming majority involve males in their mid to late teens, and so the issue is not pedophilia but homosexuality. But who expects the media to get their facts straight!

The myth is fostered by enemies of the Church who use it to promote "reforms." I.e. permitting married priests, ordaining women priests, etc. It's also used to undermine the moral authority of the Church. E.g. why should I listen to the Church about condoms when they permit pedophilia...

So yea, don't buy the propaganda. Instead, buy _Anti Catolicism: the last accepted prejudice_ by Philip Jenkins. He's thoroughly investigated the scandal and dedicates an entire chapter to it in his book.
[/quote]

Good info. Got any internet based sources to back that up?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='infinitelord1' timestamp='1310261101' post='2265137']
Good info. Got any internet based sources to back that up?
[/quote]
I believe the entire John Jay report is online.

infinitelord1

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1310245585' post='2265060']
[/quote]

Might be right but I have been on the inside of a few Protestant churches and they like to associate that with Catholics. Im sure not all Protestant churches are like that though.

Well I have never been called a demon by a protestant. I have been told I am going to hell for being a catholic, I have been told the church is trying to control the world, that its evil, I have heard her called the whore of Babylon, have been told its run by the devil, I have been told that our baptism of children is invalid, that catholics have never been saved, that the pope eats children. This is just some of the stuff I have heard over my fifty years as a catholic. I run my own company, estimate the jobs and do them myself and I get tons of people who want to witness too me, or recruit me for their belief, most of the times when I mention I am catholic it turns out ugly. Other times they just get really cool or odd acting but never insulting, it rarely ever turns out good.

ed

infinitelord1

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1310323689' post='2265367']
Well I have never been called a demon by a protestant. I have been told I am going to hell for being a catholic, I have been told the church is trying to control the world, that its evil, I have heard her called the whore of Babylon, have been told its run by the devil, I have been told that our baptism of children is invalid, that catholics have never been saved, that the pope eats children. This is just some of the stuff I have heard over my fifty years as a catholic. I run my own company, estimate the jobs and do them myself and I get tons of people who want to witness too me, or recruit me for their belief, most of the times when I mention I am catholic it turns out ugly. Other times they just get really cool or odd acting but never insulting, it rarely ever turns out good.

ed
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing that. I have shared some of those same experiences. The reason why I ask this sort of stuff (i.e. Protestant Pedophiles) is so I can defend myself against this sort of thing. These misconceptions have only caused me to learn more about the Catholic Faith, and to strive not to be like them. It has also given me a drive to inform others about how these certain protestants sects operate.

From my experience...in these certain Protestant sects....I have noticed that a good amount of them were ex-Catholics. As a Catholic who has a decent understanding of Catholicism...I can only imagine that these people did not have sufficient enough information about the Catholic Faith, and this is the reason why they converted. I think they also make it a point to mention that they were Catholics to make you think that they have found something better.

Also, from my experience in getting involved in their communities, the ones who are in charge of these churches or groups use AGENDA as a means to drag you away from the Catholic Church. They will gather information on you so that they can focus on you during their sermons or speeches. This is meant to convince you that what they are saying is from God. Because, from your perspective, you wonder how they knew this about you. They don't necessarily use your name but you get that feeling that they are focusing on you during the sermon.

Call me stupid for mentioning this stuff, but I think its important that people are aware of what they may be dealing with when dealing with these sorts of peeps.

I have been called a demon by a couple of Baptists....A Pentecostal that I knew accused my old roommate of being a demon (not to his face of course).

Edited by infinitelord1

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='xSilverPhinx' timestamp='1310148972' post='2264543']
I think the real problem here is the cover-up and the refusal of the Vatican to hand them over to secular authorities. They should be treated and judged just as any other peadophile would, with no distinction between teachers, Catholics or Protestants. if the Vatican knew about what was going on (and they did) and and didn't take the appropriate measures, they are complicit and so share responsibility.The same for any Protestant denomination or any other group or institution.

Why protect any of them?
[/quote]
I think the problem is the general public's complete misunderstanding of the topic and the Church as evidenced by your post. This is not an attack, just a comment on how society operates these days. If it can't fit into a 2 minute sound bite or fit our preconceived notions we just don't take the time to discuss it.

infinitelord1

[quote name='xSilverPhinx' timestamp='1310148972' post='2264543']
I think the real problem here is the cover-up and the refusal of the Vatican to hand them over to secular authorities. They should be treated and judged just as any other peadophile would, with no distinction between teachers, Catholics or Protestants. if the Vatican knew about what was going on (and they did) and and didn't take the appropriate measures, they are complicit and so share responsibility.The same for any Protestant denomination or any other group or institution.

Why protect any of them?
[/quote]

You think any atheists have ever committed pedophilia? Maybe the news should start talking about it for months on end.....as if it is a problem only within Atheism.

revelations

I wonder if one should contribute the statistics on african ameicans crime rates compared to that of caucasions. even for the purpose of statistics i believe such information is merely pointless when we are all reminded that God loves us. what is more important?

Groo the Wanderer

i think the title of this thread is just seriously whacked... :crazy:

and by the way, for our non-Catholic pham...please be advised that the Church is not a corporation. The Pope has supreme authority in spiritual matters, but he aint a CEO. He is not personally responsible for every thing every member of the Body of Christ does. He does not hire or fire the people working in the office in my local parish.

The media continues to show its bias and ignorance by continuing to report the issue as if the Church were a business with a Gantt org chart. Don't be duped - yer smarter than that. Take time to find out the truth for yerself.

Edited by Groo the Wanderer