Vincent Vega Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1310607143' post='2267188'] yes i can smell u from here...u stinky southerner! [/quote] Alright watch it now.
Deus te Amat Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 Third run wasn't too bad. I didn't get quite as sore toward the end, and was able to keep a bit of a faster speed for longer. Tomorrow is the last day of week one, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to keep up with the rapid acceleration from there. Shower time!
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is doing that same program right now. I wanna say he's on week four or five. Anyway, I think after week one you get used to it. That's pretty amesome though. I'm trying to run more too!
Deus te Amat Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1310753505' post='2267826'] I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is doing that same program right now. I wanna say he's on week four or five. Anyway, I think after week one you get used to it. That's pretty amesome though. I'm trying to run more too! [/quote] Wanna join me? I could use a running buddy! That goes for all you couch potato phatties out there!
Deus te Amat Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 (edited) Also, tgoldson, if you read this, do you have any tips on how to increase your lung capacity? Other than sore calves, it seems like my currant obstacle to longer running is shortness of breath. Or is huffing and puffing just going to be a constant companion? Edited July 15, 2011 by Deus_te_Amat
Deus te Amat Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 Also, I think I'm going to start eating bananas... *sigh*
Maximilianus Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1310754915' post='2267839'] Also, tgoldson, if you read this, do you have any tips on how to increase your lung capacity? Other than sore calves, it seems like my currant obstacle to longer running is shortness of breath. Or is huffing and puffing just going to be a constant companion? [/quote] Sing cadences really loud, that will get your lungs up to par... or not. Eventually your breathing will synchronize with your running. If all turns out right you should be able to do sprints while running and still be able to breath steadily, just have to keep it up and get your body in shape.
dominicansoul Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1310756202' post='2267844'] Sing cadences really loud, that will get your lungs up to par... or not. Eventually your breathing will synchronize with your running. If all turns out right you should be able to do sprints while running and still be able to breath steadily, just have to keep it up and get your body in shape. [/quote] okay, get to it, mr couch potato
MIKolbe Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1310754915' post='2267839'] Also, tgoldson, if you read this, do you have any tips on how to increase your lung capacity? Other than sore calves, it seems like my currant obstacle to longer running is shortness of breath. Or is huffing and puffing just going to be a constant companion? [/quote] stop smoking....
vee Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1310756528' post='2267847'] okay, get to it, mr couch potato [/quote] you too slacker! You wont be sitting on ur butt much longer.
Maximilianus Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1310756528' post='2267847'] okay, get to it, mr couch potato [/quote] ...
dominicansoul Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1310756795' post='2267852'] ... [/quote]
vee Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1310756795' post='2267852'] ... [/quote] or
vee Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1310756202' post='2267844'] Sing cadences really loud, that will get your lungs up to par... or not. Eventually your breathing will synchronize with your running. If all turns out right you should be able to do sprints while running and still be able to breath steadily, just have to keep it up and get your body in shape. [/quote] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHtVBN--AoU[/media]
vee Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 more [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5Az8pHeZs&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/media]
MissScripture Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1310754915' post='2267839'] Also, tgoldson, if you read this, do you have any tips on how to increase your lung capacity? Other than sore calves, it seems like my currant obstacle to longer running is shortness of breath. Or is huffing and puffing just going to be a constant companion? [/quote] I got that fixed by having them close the gaping hole in my heart. Seriously, though, it could take a little bit for your body to adjust, but your endurance should improve as you keep it up. Your body will create more red blood cells and all that fun stuff, and your lungs will just get more effective. Unless you have a big hole in your heart. Then you will just get worse, and wonder why your body is so weird.
HopefulBride Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310760249' post='2267869'] I got that fixed by having them close the gaping hole in my heart. Seriously, though, it could take a little bit for your body to adjust, but your endurance should improve as you keep it up. Your body will create more red blood cells and all that fun stuff, and your lungs will just get more effective. Unless you have a big hole in your heart. Then you will just get worse, and wonder why your body is so weird. [/quote] So I was wrong to quit running after five min? I figured the huffing and puffing was a sign that I should spend more time on the couch.
franciscanheart Posted July 16, 2011 Posted July 16, 2011 [quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1310754915' post='2267839'] Also, tgoldson, if you read this, do you have any tips on how to increase your lung capacity? Other than sore calves, it seems like my currant obstacle to longer running is shortness of breath. Or is huffing and puffing just going to be a constant companion? [/quote] You need to work on steadying your breathing. My running coaches said about everything three strides... You have to know that you won't be breathing at "normal" rate when running but that you shouldn't feel like you're dying either. If you can talk when you run, you can keep running. If you can't, you can probably still keep running. Don't try to run fast - you'll wear yourself out. When learning to run your best bet is to find a comfortable pace and stick with it. When you're doing the walking portion, you should be walking so fast you'd rather run - that is, mall walking. You should look and feel like a mall walker. Those ladies can MOVE. When you start running, it should be a RELIEF. Good luck! We'll have to do the Tour de Fleur before you leave Texas for good.
Deus te Amat Posted July 16, 2011 Author Posted July 16, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1310756202' post='2267844'] Sing cadences really loud, that will get your lungs up to par... or not. Eventually your breathing will synchronize with your running. If all turns out right you should be able to do sprints while running and still be able to breath steadily, just have to keep it up and get your body in shape. [/quote] Yay! I play flute, and usually have a great lung capacity, but I didn't bring it out here with me and consequently haven't played in 2-3 months. When I get it back, though... [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1310756692' post='2267849'] stop smoking.... [/quote] [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310760249' post='2267869'] I got that fixed by having them close the gaping hole in my heart. Seriously, though, it could take a little bit for your body to adjust, but your endurance should improve as you keep it up. Your body will create more red blood cells and all that fun stuff, and your lungs will just get more effective. Unless you have a big hole in your heart. Then you will just get worse, and wonder why your body is so weird. [/quote] = your heart [quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1310833883' post='2268231'] You need to work on steadying your breathing. My running coaches said about everything three strides... You have to know that you won't be breathing at "normal" rate when running but that you shouldn't feel like you're dying either. If you can talk when you run, you can keep running. If you can't, you can probably still keep running. Don't try to run fast - you'll wear yourself out. When learning to run your best bet is to find a comfortable pace and stick with it. When you're doing the walking portion, you should be walking so fast you'd rather run - that is, mall walking. You should look and feel like a mall walker. Those ladies can MOVE. When you start running, it should be a RELIEF. Good luck! We'll have to do the Tour de Fleur before you leave Texas for good. [/quote] Thanks for the tips. Today was much better. I took deep breaths and didn't run out of breath as quickly. I need to work on the speedwalking though. Also, at the end of my half hour, I thought I'd see how long I could run. I made it 4 minutes, and I think I could have kept going. That's almost twice as much as the a similar test I did at the beginning of the week. AND I feel great. I'm happy, and when I'm not running, I'm counting down the hours til my next run (even if getting out the door is sometimes a bit difficult ). What's the Tour de Fleur? And can we do it in the winter? lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now