Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Voris Not Approved By World Youth Day?


Recommended Posts

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Anyone have some concrete examples of Voris being naughty? I watched his USCCB vid and didn't see the big deal. At the moment I'm thinking, okay, he's obviously going to grate on the politically correct, but it's kind of a nice change. Maybe this article has valid insight on the snubbing of Voris by the mainstream.

[url="http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/110408"]Michael Voris persecuted: singin' the blues in Motown[/url]

loveofchrist1
Posted

Everybody should leave this poor guy alone -he is advocating the good things of the Church which has been abandoned for something
very liberal.His style of deliver might be a bit tough for some but i dont see anything wrong with this especially considering the times we live in.
The tougher the better-thats what i say because the Hearts of Man have become cold to the TRUTH.
I rest my case.
GO ON MICHAEL VORIS -God is with you always say THE TRUTH.
THE TRUTH shall set us free.

Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1311884709' post='2277686']


I wouldn't take this guy at his word. He's a self-righteous, smug, Beiber wannabe man-child whose sole source of emotional comfort seems to come from speaking with an unpleasant disposition about what everyone else is doing and playing up his persecution complex.
[/quote]

I didn't know Socrates was going to be presenting at WYD! Kewllll!!!!!

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1312224777' post='2279821']
It seems to me from what I've seen of Voris is that he is very similar to Glen Beck. I don't like Glen Beck, I don't like Voris. Even though I agree with some of the points that both make, its their style that I really dislike.
[/quote]

IAWTC!

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313410289' post='2288276']
Everybody should leave this poor guy alone -he is advocating the good things of the Church which has been abandoned for something
very liberal.His style of deliver might be a bit tough for some but i dont see anything wrong with this especially considering the times we live in.
The tougher the better-thats what i say because the Hearts of Man have become cold to the TRUTH.
I rest my case.
GO ON MICHAEL VORIS -God is with you always say THE TRUTH.
THE TRUTH shall set us free.
[/quote]

See, that's just ridiculous. Not everyone needs to be bashed over the head with "THE TRUTH" in order for their hearts to receive it. In fact, more often than not, this man's rhetorical style is a major turn off, with people shutting him out simply because he is irritating and, therefore, not receiving was is typically a very good message. On the other hand, if he behaved less like your average "Fudge My Life" tweenager, and didn't speak with a faux-revolutionary wannabe-martyr tone, he might be doing more good than he already has.

loveofchrist1
Posted

How is saying THE TRUTH bashing.
whether you preached the word of God softly or with barrytone voice -how is that bashing.
We motiviated differently by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Posted

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313412412' post='2288287']
How is saying THE TRUTH bashing.
whether you preached the word of God softly or with barrytone voice -how is that bashing.
We motiviated differently by the power of the Holy Spirit.
[/quote]

His tone, my friend. Not the words he says, but [i]how[/i] he chooses to say them. We're responsible for both when preaching the gospel. The things we say are the Sacred Truths of God's love, and should be treated and spoken about in a manner appropriate to their sanctity. Being purposefully confrontational or adversarial places a foreign-agenda onto what ought to be a simple mission: Be God's. And while different people are motivated and educated differently (as you correctly point out), there are a great many people who find the attitude and rhetorical style of this guy, and the thousands of guys like him that have been around since the founding of the Church, off-putting.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1313412831' post='2288293']

His tone, my friend. Not the words he says, but [i]how[/i] he chooses to say them. We're responsible for both when preaching the gospel. The things we say are the Sacred Truths of God's love, and should be treated and spoken about in a manner appropriate to their sanctity. Being purposefully confrontational or adversarial places a foreign-agenda onto what ought to be a simple mission: Be God's. And while different people are motivated and educated differently (as you correctly point out), there are a great many people who find the attitude and rhetorical style of this guy, and the thousands of guys like him that have been around since the founding of the Church, off-putting.
[/quote]
Hmmm......i guess you have not heard of Saint Paul then. His Ways and words were not to the liking to many of his day. But without his zeal and love of Christ and the early Church we wont have half of the new testament.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313413452' post='2288298']
Hmmm......i guess you have not heard of Saint Paul then. His Ways and words were not to the liking to many of his day. But without his zeal and love of Christ and the early Church we wont have half of the new testament.
[/quote]

Who is this St. Paul you speak of?

But seriously, I know St. Paul. And this guy is NO St. Paul.

EDIT: Removed the last part...not appropriate...

Edited by kujo
Posted

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313412412' post='2288287']
How is saying THE TRUTH bashing.
whether you preached the word of God softly or with barrytone voice -how is that bashing.
We motiviated differently by the power of the Holy Spirit.
[/quote]
From what I have seen, Voris does not preach the Word of God. He simply tells stories of Catholics not being very Catholic, which I do not see as a productive apostolate.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1313413906' post='2288304']

Who is this St. Paul you speak of?

But seriously, I know St. Paul. And this guy is NO St. Paul.

EDIT: Removed the last part...not appropriate...
[/quote]
wow!!!! why do you have a problem with this guy?
Did he do or say something to you.Let us know...ok.
God bless you.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313395435' post='2288257']
Anyone have some concrete examples of Voris being naughty? I watched his USCCB vid and didn't see the big deal. At the moment I'm thinking, okay, he's obviously going to grate on the politically correct, but it's kind of a nice change. Maybe this article has valid insight on the snubbing of Voris by the mainstream.

[url="http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/110408"]Michael Voris persecuted: singin' the blues in Motown[/url]
[/quote]
I think the problem they have with Voris is that he reports "bad news", which is very negative, and of which does not have a place at World Youth Day.

Posted

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313414649' post='2288313']
wow!!!! why do you have a problem with this guy?
Did he do or say something to you.Let us know...ok.
God bless you.
[/quote]

Whenever I've been exposed to his work, it has offended my ears. Not a fan.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1313414695' post='2288314']
I think the problem they have with Voris is that he reports "bad news", which is very negative, and of which does not have a place at World Youth Day.
[/quote]
Well sometimes we need to hear the dangerous threads happening in the church,so we can aware of them.Then in turn ,we can recognise and curb if they show up in our parishes.
NOW WHATS WRONG WITH THAT.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1313415009' post='2288316']

Whenever I've been exposed to his work, it has offended my ears. Not a fan.
[/quote]
OK! I see...thats understandable.

Posted

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313415337' post='2288318']
Well sometimes we need to hear the dangerous threads happening in the church,so we can aware of them.Then in turn ,we can recognise and curb if they show up in our parishes.
NOW WHATS WRONG WITH THAT.
[/quote]
Yes. I agree. However, I do not believe it belongs at World Youth Day.

Brother Adam
Posted

We need a Michael Voris in the Church. He speaks with the tone he does for a reason and if the liberal bastion in the church wants to destroy him, he is doing a great job of serving a thorn in their side.

Posted

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1313413906' post='2288304']

Who is this St. Paul you speak of?

But seriously, I know St. Paul. And this guy is NO St. Paul.

EDIT: Removed the last part...not appropriate...
[/quote]

Saint Paul? That's in Minnesota, right? Actually I've found that outside the Mass, I usually hear more about Ron Paul than Saint Paul when in the company of Catholics.

As for Voris, haven't we all debated this enough? The man has a very "in your face" style, and deletes youtube comments that don't worship the ground he walks on, as Jamie found out the hard way. Does he teach church teaching? Sometimes, when he's not busy ranting about some percieved injustice against him or those he supports.

I'm with [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=8755"][color="#588c1c"]MithLuin[/color][/url], the way he titled his catechetical session is close to that of the official ones, so it's good to know what is official and what isn't. I'm sure he'll have plenty of people attending though, and that's perfectly fine. I may not be especially fond of the man, but I'd rather people go see him than the anti-Catholic demonstrators.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Maybe he'll have a cult of followers who will all sport "the bieber" years after it goes out of style. *fingers crossed*

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Michael Voris is my dad.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313417111' post='2288327']

Saint Paul? That's in Minnesota, right?
[/quote]

i want to believe this a joke-you dont know SAINT PAUL-once called saul in the new testament.

Vincent Vega
Posted

[quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313418041' post='2288333']

i want to believe this a joke-you dont know SAINT PAUL-once called saul in the new testament.
[/quote]
Wait do you mean St. Peter? Never heard of this St. Paul...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...