Amppax Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1313389284' post='2288235'] So cool! I've been on a recent Ethiopia kick so I'm jealous. What an opportunity. [/quote] Have you ever had Ethiopian food so good.
Papist Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313418041' post='2288333'] i want to believe this a joke-you dont know SAINT PAUL-once called saul in the new testament. [/quote] No really? Who knocked him off his high horse?
BG45 Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='loveofchrist1' timestamp='1313418041' post='2288333'] i want to believe this a joke-you dont know SAINT PAUL-once called saul in the new testament. [/quote] Of course it was a joke. You see, Michael Voris tends to bring out people's passions for good or ill, causing people to lose sight of reason and discussion; I felt a little humor might lighten up the thread. You know, before we had people start comparing Voris to Glenn Be--okay, bit late on that one. I'd rather have people laugh a bit instead of start accusing one another of committing the sin of idolatry, which is what I fear this thread will devolve into.
loveofchrist1 Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1313418411' post='2288338'] No really? Who knocked him off his high horse? [/quote] hmmm...[url="http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=91"]http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=91[/url] pls check this out. For your jokers out there
loveofchrist1 Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313418861' post='2288340'] Of course it was a joke. You see, Michael Voris tends to bring out people's passions for good or ill, causing people to lose sight of reason and discussion; I felt a little humor might lighten up the thread. You know, before we had people start comparing Voris to Glenn Be--okay, bit late on that one. I'd rather have people laugh a bit instead of start accusing one another of committing the sin of idolatry, which is what I fear this thread will devolve into. [/quote] I think this thread is becoming very lame at the moment.
Amppax Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1312225380' post='2279831'] Very similar to Glenn Beck? How so exactly? The first difference that comes to mind for me is that Glenn Beck is some kind of political entertainer whereas Voris is a Roman Catholic evangelist. In what meaningful sense is Voris similar to Beck? [/quote] Sorry, didn't see this until now. Admittedly, I've not seen too much of Voris, or Beck for that matter (I just tend to avoid both). The point I was trying to make was that their styles are similar. Edited August 15, 2011 by Amppax
Papist Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 For all you unedjamacated. [img]http://www.catholic.org/saints/ff_images/65.jpg[/img]
loveofchrist1 Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1313419870' post='2288360'] For all you unedjamacated. [img]http://www.catholic.org/saints/ff_images/65.jpg[/img] [/quote] pls educate
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1313419221' post='2288346'] Sorry, didn't see this until now. Admittedly, I've not seen too much of Voris, or Beck for that matter (I just tend to avoid both). The point I was trying to make was that their styles are similar. [/quote] I think the worst Voris video that I've seen to date is his hour long Global Warming special (yes, I suffered the entire thing). Definitely reminiscent of Beck in some ways. haha.
loveofchrist1 Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313421012' post='2288370'] I think the worst Voris video that I've seen to date is his hour long Global Warming special (yes, I suffered the entire thing). Definitely reminiscent of Beck in some ways. haha. [/quote] u guys are gonna kill with jokes on this phorum- u guys are the best.
Papist Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 I think this has been blown WAY out of proportion. Did the organizers of World Youth Day state that Michael Voris is teaching against the Church. If so, I missed it. I believe they simply announced that he didn't officially register to give a public catechesis session, so they cannot ensure the youth of his credibility. It's like I would write on my Facebook wall that I will give a public catechesis at World Youth Day in Madrid, but I haven't told the organizers I'm doing so. It's not official, it's not accredited.
Vincent Vega Posted August 15, 2011 Posted August 15, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1313419870' post='2288360'] For all you unedjamacated. [img]http://www.catholic.org/saints/ff_images/65.jpg[/img] [/quote] I don't think that's a real thing.
Lilllabettt Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 There is a time for King David to dance joyfully before the Ark. And there is a time for Jeremiah to yell "Jerusalem, you whore!"
Amppax Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 [quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1313456923' post='2288771'] There is a time for King David to dance joyfully before the Ark. And there is a time for Jeremiah to yell "Jerusalem, you whore!" [/quote] exactly. I don't mean for my dislike of Michael Voris to be taken as wholesale condemnation. Because I definitely think there is a time and place for him. Its just that that isn't ALL the time, and probably not WYD.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 (edited) The assumption of naysayers has been that Voris intends to heckle at WYD (e.g., the colorful analogy two posts above) but I don't believe this is the case. His program is about very important youth-related topics such as chastity. I'm just wary of vilifying the guy. Edited August 16, 2011 by Laudate_Dominum
loveofchrist1 Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313484090' post='2288986'] The assumption of naysayers has been that Voris intends to heckle at WYD ......................... I'm just wary of vilifying the guy. [/quote] fair enough....i know he is not everyone's cup of tea.
Papist Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313484090' post='2288986'] The assumption of naysayers has been that Voris intends to heckle at WYD (e.g., the colorful analogy two posts above) but I don't believe this is the case. His program is about very important youth-related topics such as chastity. I'm just wary of vilifying the guy. [/quote] [quote]I think this has been blown WAY out of proportion. Did the organizers of World Youth Day state that Michael Voris is teaching against the Church. If so, I missed it. I believe they simply announced that he didn't officially register to give a public catechesis session, so they cannot ensure the youth of his credibility. It's like I would write on my Facebook wall that I will give a public catechesis at World Youth Day in Madrid, but I haven't told the organizers I'm doing so. It's not official, it's not accredited. [/quote]
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 Papist, I know. I'm not talking about that. I stated a few pages ago that I don't object to the WYD site indicating that Voris isn't sponsored. Nor do I have a problem with Voris making clear on his site that his presence is unofficial. What exactly do you think I'm blowing WAY out of proportion?
Papist Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313498357' post='2289005'] Papist, I know. I'm not talking about that. I stated a few pages ago that I don't object to the WYD site indicating that Voris isn't sponsored. Nor do I have a problem with Voris making clear on his site that his presence is unofficial. What exactly do you think I'm blowing WAY out of proportion? [/quote] [quote]The assumption of naysayers has been that Voris intends to heckle at WYD[/quote] This. Unless I missed something, I don't think anybody inferred this. If someone did, then I apologize.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now