Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Voris Not Approved By World Youth Day?


Recommended Posts

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1313504722' post='2289050']



This. Unless I missed something, I don't think anybody inferred this. If someone did, then I apologize.
[/quote]
Oh okay, no problem. I had in mind what I see as a recurring theme in this thread of characterizing Voris as a WYD heckler; I wasn't meaning to speak about the WYD people.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313505382' post='2289057']
Oh okay, no problem. I had in mind what I see as a recurring theme in this thread of characterizing Voris as a WYD heckler; I wasn't meaning to speak about the WYD people.
[/quote]
I agree that some are conjecturing Voris intent.

loveofchrist1
Posted

I just saw this post ,which I found on the net about
''our friend'' michael voris- he will coming to the UK,london next wednesday 24TH AUG ,somewhere in central london.
Here is this the link [url="http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2011/08/04/michael-voris-is-coming-to-london-cafeteria-catholics-watch-out/"]http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2011/08/04/michael-voris-is-coming-to-london-cafeteria-catholics-watch-out/[/url]

WHO IS GOING THIS TALK.

Posted

just a side bit 'o' news: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/realcatholictvs-voris-had-no-idea-about-internal-problems

i don't add this to say "AHA! GOTCHA!" but to lament, and pray. sounds like he's gonna need to clean house when he gets back to the States.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1313647455' post='2290462']
just a side bit 'o' news: [url="http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/realcatholictvs-voris-had-no-idea-about-internal-problems"]http://www.catholicn...ternal-problems[/url]

i don't add this to say "AHA! GOTCHA!" but to lament, and pray. sounds like he's gonna need to clean house when he gets back to the States.
[/quote]
I just came here to post that for similar reasons. smh...

Posted

How do you not realize you lost your non-profit status two years ago? o.O

Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1313647455' post='2290462']
just a side bit 'o' news: [url="http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/realcatholictvs-voris-had-no-idea-about-internal-problems"]http://www.catholicn...ternal-problems[/url]

i don't add this to say "AHA! GOTCHA!" but to lament, and pray. sounds like he's gonna need to clean house when he gets back to the States.
[/quote]

yikes. those are not good things, hopefully that all gets cleaned up soon.

Posted

Dude gots bigger problems than his WYD official approval. And I agree with Red, there a lot of people that gots some splain'n to do when he gets back...that is of course if he really did not have a clue of all this.

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1313647455' post='2290462']
just a side bit 'o' news: [url="http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/realcatholictvs-voris-had-no-idea-about-internal-problems"]http://www.catholicn...ternal-problems[/url]

i don't add this to say "AHA! GOTCHA!" but to lament, and pray. sounds like he's gonna need to clean house when he gets back to the States.
[/quote]
oh my days.....this shocking,i cant believe what im reading. Apparently this 'voris guy' is coming to london for a talk next wed. I think he should go back home sort this out.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I just reread the page and laughed more than anything. The batcave? Gay Star Wars FF? hahaha. *rolls eyes*

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313677605' post='2290541']
How do you not realize you lost your non-profit status two years ago? o.O
[/quote]
I was kind of wondering that, too. I would think that would be something you would pay attention to. :idontknow:

fides quarens intellectum
Posted

all seems very weird...

loveofchrist1
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1313707481' post='2290904']
I just reread the page and laughed more than anything. The batcave? Gay Star Wars FF? hahaha. *rolls eyes*
[/quote]
I know, :hehe2: thts just hilarious.

Posted

The catechesis sessions I attended at WYD all included a talk by a bishop and mass. Our bishops were Sean Cardinal O'Malley of Boston, Bishop Bailaron of the Philippines, and Bishop Keiran of England (who did more of a question-and-answer session, since he was on the last day.)

I think the original point of this thread was that someone from WYD pointed out that whatever Mr. Voris was doing it, it wasn't that. Also, any event that charged money wouldn't make it into the official program of spiritual and cultural events, so that may be another reason why they would have had to address his presence there. But as I said, many groups had private gatherings and meetings in conjunction with WYD - no harm there.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1313677605' post='2290541']
How do you not realize you lost your non-profit status two years ago? o.O
[/quote]

Sorry, I just wanted to comment on this.

Up until recently, a nonprofit organization that had a small enough profit margin did not need to file taxes (like teens who don't make much at their part time summer job). Then, a law was passed saying that, true, you don't have to file...but if you're not filing, you have to send the IRS a postcard saying that you are exempt from filing.

Failure to send this postcard = failure to pay taxes (and/or demonstrate exempt status).

The nonprofits weren't informed of this change, of course. You were just supposed to know (or something).

Failure to pay taxes for two-three years means you automatically lose your nonprofit status. There was no warning; you just got a letter saying, "You're not a non-profit any more; you have to re-apply if you want to become one again. Oh, and that will be $400."

It was not just a handful of nonprofits who were caught on the hop with this...over 100,000 of them were completely broadsided. They got caught because they did things the way they always had and didn't realize there was a new hoop to jump through.

So, if he lost his non-profit status because of this tax law change (and was only just informed of it), then that really was a simple mistake that many small non-profits made.

If it's something else, or he was informed years ago, then I've got no excuses for the guy.

Posted

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't heard of that change! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...