An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cat 'n' Missy's Badaz Thread

MissyP89

Only me and one other girl would do dishes in our apt of 5 girls at school before I lived with the single awful roommate. She was in that apt, as well, but somehow I missed the fact that she didn't do dishes then. :idontknow: But some of them would promise to do dishes and then never follow through. I feel really bad about that year, though, because four of us ganged up on the 5th girl, but after the single awful roommate, I realized we blamed her for far more than she was guilty of, and I apologized to her, because she was treated horribly!

missionseeker

today I did something - i don't remember what - and my coworker said to me "Cat, you are pretty *(&(*&(ing badaz"

I thought of this thread. :lol:

missionseeker

i think this is pretty badaz.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMS9Ivkook&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMS9Ivkook&feature=player_embedded[/url]

"There are moments when I keep my opinions out of the press but not out of songs."
Bono
Regardless of the opinions that newsworthy people do express in the press, diving into their most personal experiences in their art, a different picture emerges than what you may expect, especially relating to their experiences with terminating pregnancies. Relying on hundreds of hours of film, video, and music, weʼll turn our eye to the people who shape our popular culture and their personal experiences with abortion.
Some of the most popular singers and movies over the last century have painted a disturbing picture of the effects of abortion in a very personal way. Ben Folds, Seals & Crofts, Whitney Houston, Common, Lauryn Hill, Nick Cannon, Tim McGraw, Flipsyde, The Cranberries, Rickie Lee Jones, The Goo Goo Dolls; TV shows, such as, South Park, House, Private Practice, E.R., CSI: Miami, Scrubs; and movies like Juno, Knocked Up, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Dirty Dancing, An Officer and a Gentleman, Revolutionary Road, and The Godfather II, are among many of the artists and writers whoʼs work will be explored in Broken Hearts Sing.
The artists are Grammy nominated, Grammy winners, and platinum selling pop stars. The TV shows are Emmy nominated, Emmy winners and avidly followed. The films are Oscar nominated, Oscar winners, as well as many other awards, and filled with high profile A-listers. These reflections on abortion do not come from the fringe of society—they come from the heart because the heart does not lie and artists, though they may live and die by a political position, do not lie at the essence of their art. In fact, theyʼll tell you their art, is who they really are.
Broken Hearts Sing is a documentary that will be sure to cause both sides of this controversial issue to be uncomfortable and take a hard look at their actions, campaigns and slogans and turn toward the hearts of the 1/3rd of American women who are post-abortive.

I wanna see that documentary now. Also the last sentence you posted leapt out at me, 1/3 of American women have had abortions?

missionseeker

Well, if 1/3 of our generation was aborted, it would make sense that 1/3 of american women are post-abortive.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1317833012' post='2315727']
Well, if 1/3 of our generation was aborted, it would make sense that 1/3 of american women are post-abortive.
[/quote]

See I had never heard that figure either.