An Old School Catholic Message Board

Leaving The Monastery

Starets

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1316816421' post='2309031']
I got a positive response later this mornign, as it turns out. I can either ask for my vows to be renewed, or let the expire and start from scratch. Either way I could start with the discernment and probation later this year and it would be 5 years before I would be eligible for solemn profession. The superior would like a recommendation from Abbot Philip and then would like permission to talk to my counsellor. That should not be too hard to arrange.
[/quote]

Wonderful!!! Continued prayers for you.

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1316816421' post='2309031']
I got a positive response later this mornign, as it turns out. I can either ask for my vows to be renewed, or let the expire and start from scratch. Either way I could start with the discernment and probation later this year and it would be 5 years before I would be eligible for solemn profession. The superior would like a recommendation from Abbot Philip and then would like permission to talk to my counsellor. That should not be too hard to arrange.
[/quote]
This is good to hear! I will continue to pray for you in this process!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!

I will be heading to Petersham sometime in November as a guest monk who is considering transferring. Taht wilol be my status anyway. If after a while things work out then i would begin a probationary period before officially transferring my vows. So i will still be a monk of CitD but staying at Petersham

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1317861320' post='2315842']
Good news!

I will be heading to Petersham sometime in November as a guest monk who is considering transferring. Taht wilol be my status anyway. If after a while things work out then i would begin a probationary period before officially transferring my vows. So i will still be a monk of CitD but staying at Petersham
[/quote]

That is great to hear! May peace be within your heart!

OnlySunshine

Good news!

[/quote]

Thanks be to God! I am so glad that Petersham is willing to consider your transfer. :woot:

HopefulBride

Good news!

[/quote]

How wonderful! :woot: :w00t: Continuing to storm Heaven.

faithcecelia

Praise God! I am pleased you have found somewhere, and that it seems a sesnible transfer arrangement. I will pray it all goes well for you. God bless. :dance3:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1317870948' post='2315918']
Deo gratias! (We need a monk emticon!) :saint2:
[/quote]

We do indeed! I almost thought we did, but that was the grin reaper! :reaper: :shocking:

OFF TOPIC: how [u]do[/u] we request new emoticons for under-represented portions of our pham pop? We need monk and I think we also need a sweet li'l lambikin

ON TOPIC: Staretz, "pray, hope and don't worry" - offering prayers that God's will becomes clear and He open your path before you

Are you sure you don't want to go to Glastonbury instead? (In Massachusetts, not England.) That would be much easier for me to visit.

Though maybe this isn't the TOP criterion in your discernment.

;)

:monk:

Thank you for all the supportive posts on this thread. I do appreciate it. We used to havve a monk emoticon. I've used it extensively in past months. it is not available anymore. O well!