An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is Vocation Station To You?

Aya Sophia

vocation station was the only place i posted when i first joined phatmass...

it was there in my ins and outs of discernment, until i finally felt God's will was "no, do not pursue religious life any longer."

Now, I like to post here for all that I can share about my discernment and religious life memories...

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1317216672' post='2311627']
Who knew that Notting Hill was anything other than a place in London where Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts hung out? Now there are over 20,000 passersby to that VS thread, where Faithcecilia hopes to enter someday. We learn about who is considering religious life, what motivates them and the multitudes of ways a life dedicated to Christ in the 20th century can be lived. We also learn from the experiences of those who have tried their vocations in many different communities, about how dreams are dashed and others are born, because of their courage to share these experiences.
[/quote]

You are right TIWW, but knowing that there is a Carmel in the place where the film was set makes me loving Notting Hill even more!!
Not to seem superficial, but I love the film, and this really gives me one more reason to love that Carmel even if I do not personally know it....!

i<3franciscans

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1317294175' post='2312147']
None of us is fooled Lil'Mon. You hang out with us nunettes for a reason.......................
[/quote]
ditto

i<3franciscans

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1317244752' post='2311870']
VS is:

a discernment group (as I still don't have one in "real" life)
MY SISTERS (and brothers, if y'all are out there....COME OUT!)

:nun2:
[/quote]

I have to say the same. I felt so alone before I came here. Thanks you guys!