An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University Of Steubenville?

add

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1317596114' post='2314154']
What the heck, you guys?!!!!!

I never said I wasn't pro-life. I'm Catholic - of course I'm pro life! I don't NEED your "Face the Truth" style disgusting pictures. I'm actually a bit insulted that you think I do. You just confirmed what I said ([i]sarcastically...[/i]clearly that is lost in this forum) about only caring about one part of Catholic Social Teaching. Yes it's an important issue. But can you recognize that other things are important AS WELL?

I'm done here. Clearly no one is actually taking the time to read what I have to say or take me seriously, and even if they are, you guys clearly don't think that I can be Catholic while not supporting Life Issues with my entire being.
[/quote]
I haven't seen ANY action by President Obama that supports ANY area of Catholic teaching - not one single thing.

America is great because it is good. And once it ceases to be good it will also cease to be great.
Our Founding Fathers warned us and tried to protect us with the Constitution of the United States of America.
The Constitution clearly laid out the responsibilities and authority of the U.S. government. It has nothing to do with Health Care, Controlling the Banks, Controlling the Auto Industry, Regulating Business, neither deciding winners and losers nor interfering with Churches and their beliefs.
As a matter of fact it specifically prohibits such interference of organized religions.
There was never intended to be a separation of Church and State, and the Government has no right to regulate prayer or tell anyone that the Ten Commandments should be removed from public places. But in order to destroy this Nation, you first must destroy its morality.
They knew the proper role of the Government is to Protect Equal Rights, Not Provide Equal Things.

Edited by add

[quote name='add' timestamp='1318201323' post='2318735']America is great because it is good. And once it ceases to be good it will also cease to be great.[/quote]
isn't this what's called circular reasoning?

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1318221550' post='2318948']
[/quote]

No. :|

In response to the op, this would also effect every diocesan health care plan as well. I am living in the diocese of Wichita and think I've heard something about that recently...

Edited by Momma's Boy

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1318221550' post='2318948']
[/quote]
No it is the "Ad Hoc" fallacy.

WASHINGTON (CNS) — The U.S. House Oct. 13 passed the Protect Life Act, which applies long-standing federal policies on abortion funding and conscience rights to the health reform law.
WASHINGTON -- After an emotional floor debate, the House of Representatives on Thursday passed the [b][color=#0000ff] Protect Life Act[/color][/b] which prohibits women from buying health insurance plans that cover abortion under the Affordable Care Act and makes it legal for hospitals to deny abortions to pregnant women with life-threatening conditions.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), a proponent of the bill, told voters last week that its purpose is "to ensure that no taxpayer dollars flow to health care plans that cover abortion and no health care worker has to participate in abortions against their will."

Despite a strong showing in the House, the bill is unlikely to pass in the Democrat-controlled Senate, and the White House said on Wednesday that President Barack Obama will veto the legislation if it ever reaches his desk.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1318980309' post='2323401']
it figures... i'm glad he'll be unemployed soon...
[/quote]

if i recall correctly, you were about this confident in 2008.

Strange that the media has almost completely ignored the vote for the "protect life act"
Congraduaions to the entire republican party and the 15 democrats for standing up