An Old School Catholic Message Board

Occupy Wall Street Baloney

Lil Red

Peter Schiff nails Occupy Wall Street People

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y28yFxLydzU"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y28yFxLydzU[/url]

I don't think there is anything bad in this video.... but seriously watch it.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1324046527' post='2352246']
Peter Schiff nails Occupy Wall Street People

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y28yFxLydzU"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y28yFxLydzU[/url]

I don't think there is anything bad in this video.... but seriously watch it.
[/quote]
Did you know that Peter Schiff was well aware of the housing bubble back when nobody would even consider the idea of a recession? There's a video that's been on Youtube for a long time now, it's a compilation of all the times that he was on business analysis shows on news channels. He'd get laughed off the program by the hosts and other guests every single time, as he was telling them exactly what happened a year or a few months later.

But Austrian economics is unscientific! It does not use aggregates and complex equations!

Your sad devotion to that ancient cult has not helped you conjure up the impending crisis...oh, wait.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1324151311' post='2352842']
But Austrian economics is unscientific! It does not use aggregates and complex equations!

Your sad devotion to that ancient cult has not helped you conjure up the impending crisis...oh, wait.
[/quote]

As I pointed out the last time I complained about the lack of rigor in Austrian Economics: Keynesian Economists predicted the housing collapse too and not all Austrians predicted the collapse.

If you want to prove your point this way then you need to contend with all the mainstream economists who regularly predict economic phenomena.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1324153988' post='2352871']
As I pointed out the last time I complained about the lack of rigor in Austrian Economics: Keynesian Economists predicted the housing collapse too and not all Austrians predicted the collapse.

If you want to prove your point this way then you need to contend with all the mainstream economists who regularly predict economic phenomena.
[/quote]
Which Keynesian predicted it? Krugman? Some recognized a bubble, but to what did they attribute it?

The prediction is rather built in to Austrian economics. Recognizing inflation as an evil and the real source of economic growth is quite an advantage. The Keynesians, and Freidmanites have brought us perpetual monetary destruction, and debt. They are imbeciles. "Animal spirits" A term to account for the fact that people are not particles.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1324160809' post='2352898']
Which Keynesian predicted it? Krugman? Some recognized a bubble, but to what did they attribute it?

The prediction is rather built in to Austrian economics. Recognizing inflation as an evil and the real source of economic growth is quite an advantage. The Keynesians, and Freidmanites have brought us perpetual monetary destruction, and debt. They are imbeciles. "Animal spirits" A term to account for the fact that people are not particles.
[/quote]
Please Winchester, enough of your ignorant, unscientific Austrian croutons.

We just need to give Keynesianism a chance!
The problem, of course, is that our miserly government just isn't printing and spending enough money (all because of the undue influence of all those extremist right-wing ideologues in the government, of course). I mean, we're only $15 trillion in debt. Once we get up to $50 trillion or so in debt, the economy will be saved, and there will be wealth and prosperity for all!

Hey, my computer assured me it would work.

Honestly, with WalMart's practices, it is much more the fault of the company than the consumers. it is the company that pays its workers dirt cheap, that moves into town and purposefully drives all other competing shops out of business, and makes themselves the only game in town.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1324900320' post='2357622']
Honestly, with WalMart's practices, it is much more the fault of the company than the consumers. it is the company that pays its workers dirt cheap, that moves into town and purposefully drives all other competing shops out of business, and makes themselves the only game in town.
[/quote]

hey man, that's the glory of capitalism!!!

ThePenciledOne

Just wanted to say that I like the Occupy movement, I doubt there's much support for it on here, but just sayin'.

Thought I'd stop by to at least scan this latest set of posts.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1324932417' post='2357769']
Figures you'd say that......
[/quote]

Glad people haven't forgotten me! :hehe2: