An Old School Catholic Message Board

Occupy Wall Street Baloney

Lil Red

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322273240' post='2340509']
He is talking about the systematic theft of your wealth through inflation, which is only made possible by a state monopoly granted to the Fed to print money, and which is enforced through violence.
[/quote]
[img]http://imgon.net/di-NTZH.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1322274173' post='2340515']
[img]http://imgon.net/di-NTZH.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That facial hair is THE epitome of razzle coo-dazzle

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322273240' post='2340509']
He is talking about the systematic theft of your wealth through inflation, which is only made possible by a state monopoly granted to the Fed to print money, and which is enforced through violence.[/quote]
I don't think so!

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1322268406' post='2340490']
one of the founding principles of the OWS protests was against corporate money buying political power, that simply being wealthy gave you exponentially more influence on the government than the average person, often through illegal means.

Another was addressing how the rich are not held accountable for their crimes in the same manner as everyone else, if at all. When a "commoner" steals, it is a bit from a few people, and earns him a roughing up by police and decades doing hard jail time. When a CEO steals, it is millions of dollars from thousands of people, and if he gets any attention at all, it is a polite walk to a minimum security prison for a few months.

addressing either of these concerns could not possibly be construed as being "entitled" or wanting handouts. those are real issues of institutionalized inequality.
[/quote]
If that is the case, protesters need to get off Wall St and head to Monsanto and the Pharmaceutical companies' doorsteps.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322311327' post='2340714']
I don't think so!
[/quote]
Explain the workings of the Federal Reserve.

a few people decide whether to print more $. If they do, inflation happens and the money I have is worth less. These are also the people who own the police, courts, military, et al.

We should rack up debt, as a nation... then print a whole bunch of money, then; what we owe..we would then owe less because of inflation!!! That would be a great pla....HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:|

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1322321747' post='2340748']
a few people decide whether to print more $. If they do, inflation happens and the money I have is worth less. These are also the people who own the police, courts, military, et al.

We should rack up debt, as a nation... then print a whole bunch of money, then; what we owe..we would then owe less because of inflation!!! That would be a great pla....HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]
The sad part is that people like Bernanke believe that...

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1322262053' post='2340452']
I think the point was that people need to get out of the whole entitlement mentality, and stop demanding an ever-growing lists of entitlements and "services" from the government. This entitlement mentality is largely responsible for getting us into this mess, and is on display among those OWS people demanding more entitlements and action from the government.

Every time the government creates a new "service," it gains it size, power . . . and expense to the public.

Basically, get off your butt and do something yourself to make things better, rather than sitting around demanding that the government do more to "serve" you.

Today's leftists are like a bunch of whiny, bratty kids, screaming and "rebelling" against their parents, while insisting on living on home and demanding their parents give them more and more stuff because life isn't "fair."

While I'm certainly no follower of the cult of "Saint Kennedy," I think JFK was spot on in that saying.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwKxUz7osM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwKxUz7osM[/url]

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1322321747' post='2340748']

[/quote]

What's with the 1970's nostalgia here? In one other thread we were discussing 70's liturgical music, now we are discussing 70's economics.

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1322352971' post='2340903']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwKxUz7osM[/media]
[/quote]
I bet he stopped carrying that sign after that. :P

I'm not going to say that the [i]entire[/i] OWS movement doesn't know what they're protesting or what they want, but that guy certainly does not.

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322356143' post='2340907']
[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/wisper3/wallstreetoccupodo.jpg[/img] star OWS (bowel) movement
[/quote]
I like the obvious parallels between the Galactic Empire and the American Empire. Getting the troops off of Tatooine would have been a good idea.

I don't think war ended communism, and most other countries got rid of slavery long before the war in the US. Britain and Ireland, for instance, abolished slavery in 1807, and nobody went to war over it.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322360851' post='2340944']
I don't think war ended communism, and most other countries got rid of slavery long before the war in the US. Britain and Ireland, for instance, abolished slavery in 1807, and nobody went to war over it.
[/quote]

*LPS sneaks in*
I'm here only for a sec to say that the movie [i]Amazing Grace[/i] does a very good job discussing the British and Irish end of the slave trade. Everyone should see it.
*LPS sneaks out*