An Old School Catholic Message Board

Occupy Wall Street Baloney

Lil Red

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1322199324' post='2340273']

Um, are we supposed to serve the government, or is the government supposed to serve us?

Keep in mind that I think the Occupy movement is misdirected and therefore ineffectual, but I also think Kennedy was largely wrong.
[/quote]
I think the point was that people need to get out of the whole entitlement mentality, and stop demanding an ever-growing lists of entitlements and "services" from the government. This entitlement mentality is largely responsible for getting us into this mess, and is on display among those OWS people demanding more entitlements and action from the government.

Every time the government creates a new "service," it gains it size, power . . . and expense to the public.

Basically, get off your butt and do something yourself to make things better, rather than sitting around demanding that the government do more to "serve" you.

Today's leftists are like a bunch of whiny, bratty kids, screaming and "rebelling" against their parents, while insisting on living on home and demanding their parents give them more and more stuff because life isn't "fair."

While I'm certainly no follower of the cult of "Saint Kennedy," I think JFK was spot on in that saying.

Edited by Socrates

Well if you're ok being treated essentially as cattle... To the State you exist as a few numbers: driver's license, social security number, passport number. You exist to do nothing more than be a source of revenue to the State, and for a select few, to enforce its many arbitrary directives through violence.
Politicians as public servants is a myth and a malicious lie. You are their slave, but for you I suppose it's consensual.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322262275' post='2340454']
Well if you're ok being treated essentially as cattle... To the State you exist as a few numbers: driver's license, social security number, passport number. You exist to do nothing more than be a source of revenue to the State, and for a select few, to enforce its many arbitrary directives through violence.
Politicians as public servants is a myth and a malicious lie. You are their slave, but for you I suppose it's consensual.
[/quote]
Is this directed at me?

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1322262373' post='2340455']
Is this directed at me?
[/quote]
No, that was for Add. Your reply came up while I was typing.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322262630' post='2340457']
No, that was for Add. Your reply came up while I was typing.
[/quote]
razzle dazzle.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1322262275' post='2340454']Well if you're ok being treated essentially as cattle... To the State you exist as a few numbers: driver's license, social security number, passport number. You exist to do nothing more than be a source of revenue to the State, and for a select few, to enforce its many arbitrary directives through violence.
Politicians as public servants is a myth and a malicious lie. You are their slave, but for you I suppose it's consensual.[/quote]
Truth, justice and the American way is all right by me

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322263682' post='2340465']

Truth, justice and the American way is all right by me
[/quote]
That's great. Too bad the American way these days is imperialism, war, welfare, theft, and violence.

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1322262373' post='2340455']
Is this directed at me?
[/quote]
[img]http://www.darrenmonroe.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/deniro.jpg[/img]

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322265845' post='2340481']
Not where I live, brother
[/quote]
They don't have permanent inflation caused by a private company granted monopoly over the money supply?

one of the founding principles of the OWS protests was against corporate money buying political power, that simply being wealthy gave you exponentially more influence on the government than the average person, often through illegal means.

Another was addressing how the rich are not held accountable for their crimes in the same manner as everyone else, if at all. When a "commoner" steals, it is a bit from a few people, and earns him a roughing up by police and decades doing hard jail time. When a CEO steals, it is millions of dollars from thousands of people, and if he gets any attention at all, it is a polite walk to a minimum security prison for a few months.

addressing either of these concerns could not possibly be construed as being "entitled" or wanting handouts. those are real issues of institutionalized inequality.

dominicansoul

i betcha if all the OWS people gathered together on one day of the year and prayed for the evil ceo's and corporations, they would see more sweeping changes than what they have garnered in the 90+ days of occupying wall street and all the other streets combined...

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1322267593' post='2340486']
They don't have permanent inflation caused by a private company granted monopoly over the money supply?[/quote]
What or who are you talking about?

[quote name='add' timestamp='1322272662' post='2340503']

What or who are you talking about?
[/quote]
He is talking about the systematic theft of your wealth through inflation, which is only made possible by a state monopoly granted to the Fed to print money, and which is enforced through violence.