An Old School Catholic Message Board

Education Stats Of Phatmass

Brother Adam

Education  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AccountDeleted

I started a Law degree but changed to Education later because I was an older student and felt I wasn't going to end up a lawyer anyway. My niece did do her JD though so at least we now have a lawyer in the family - too bad she chose to focus on community service law so will probably never be of much use to us for making nuisance lawsuits! :P Here in Australia, lawyers also have to decide whether to become barristers or solicitors, and I think she has decided to go the solicitor route.... but she still got to present a case recently to the state supreme court and wear the funny little wig and gown! :)

she_who_is_not

Some of my classmates entered LLM programs in an attempt to be more competitive in the job market. The legal market is over-saturated and they thought a specialization might help distinguish them from other applicants. Like CatherineM, the only professor at my law school with an LLM was a tax professor. I'm really glad I got my law degree even though I have chosen to not pursue licensure. It was very difficult, but in different ways than I anticipated. I didn't find the academic part to be particularly difficult, however, I really struggled with the psychological pressures and the competition.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321224645' post='2335825']

Aside from conquering Europe a few times, making Britain falter enough to allow the independence of those pesky Colonial rebels, and fighting on against the Nazis throughout World War Two even after their homeland had fallen (both the Resistance and DuGaulle's Free French Army). ;)

[/quote]

I wasn't hating on the French, just pointing out exactly what the joke was. I'm partially French, and lived there for a while, so I'm a pretty big fan.

• 3 weeks later...
brianthephysicist

Recently graduated with a BS in Physics and a BA in Mathematics. Currently working on an MA in Physics and in the application process for PhD programs. I'm excited to see where God ends up taking me.

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1321240053' post='2335968']

I wasn't hating on the French, just pointing out exactly what the joke was. I'm partially French, and lived there for a while, so I'm a pretty big fan.
[/quote]

Okies gotcha! Sorry, I'm used to people just hating on France.