An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown Until Retreat, And Grieving

cmaD2006

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1319951989' post='2328849']
Oh! So glad it came out right this time. Hell hath no fury like you do when you ain't happy. :|
[/quote]
OM Gosh ... rotfl.

Hate to say it though -- she's right, 100% right. I have quite a temper. It's the puertorican/fiery latina side of me. It gets me into lots of trouble. I've gotten better -- but gosh I think I will have to spend a good amount of time in purgatory for it. :(

Actually with respect to my aunt's passing -- I'm fine. What I was really having a hard time dealing with is the divisions that have occurred in my family. Once I realized that the only thing I can do is pray, and do my best to resolve my own resentments towards certain family members and then attempt to be an instrument of unity, I stopped being so sad.

My aunt -- she had suffered for 6 years. She was talkative the weekend before her passing, until she went into cardiac arrest and was resusitated on 10/14. My sister and I saw her on the 15th and the 16th, and she was pulled from life support on the 18th.

My grief wasn't great due to her passing ... because I know for sure that she IS in a better place, and her suffering here on earth is over. Now, if she had been a parent (which I have already gone through) then its a completely different story.

Besides I sure don't know where God will lead in the exercises -- all I know though is that I suspect that it will be another intense set of exercises.

ok I'm logging off in a little bit ... I'm off to the retreat in the morning (7 hr trip). Will keep everyone from Phatmass in my heart (and trust that as He works on reforming and molding and shaping and firing the clay of my heart, that He would do likewise in all).

[i]Si tu realidad te vuelve viajero[/i]
[i]anda en el sendero que viene y que va[/i]
[i]allí encontrarás la flor y la espiga[/i]
[i]y el agua vecina siempre estará fresca[/i]
[i]para aquel que lleva fe que lo empesina[/i]
[i]para aquel que lleva fe que lo empesina.[/i]

Buen Viaje

Edited by Maximilianus