An Old School Catholic Message Board

So As To Not Hijack Anymore: My Discernment Thread

Lisa

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1324605395' post='2356136']
Congrats! :yahoo: Which order now?
[/quote]

I believe it is the DSMME (don't want to say the full name as some have issues with that ;) in Ann Arbor.

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1322525533' post='2341912']
Thank you all for your prayers. They diagnosed her with Breast Cancer (probably Stage 2) today.
[/quote]

Hi Lisa:

First congrats on your news! How exciting.

Second -- prayers for you. I had decided to enter a community in Argentina and had set a tentative date of June 2007 when my mom became ill and was diagnosed with (a different) cancer in Dec 2006 (right when I was visiting the same community in Mexico). My mom's illness and subsequent passing delayed my entrance 6 months, but it is a period of grace and growth. And one thing I found -- the Lord was ever present with me throughout.

I will pray for your family and that your mom will recover fully. And will pray for your upcoming entrance :)

brandelynmarie

Wonderful wonderful news :smile2:! I had to hunt for your good news, :hehe:. Congratulations chica! :blush:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Guest hermanita

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1324590778' post='2356019']
Hi all! I have some very exciting news to report!

I have been accepted for entrance into the community in August 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord for His Goodness!!!!!

Also, sorry about the long hiatus. I'm going to try to keep this thread more updated from now on!!!
[/quote]

Oh Lisa--So happy for you.

They do have a single date- we all enter together on the Feast of St. Augustine (Aug. 28), because the community follows his Rule.
I've got a whole list of the "usual" stuff (undergarments, shoes, etc.); making the postulant outfit/aprons, a few texts on religious life/Vatican II/the Church. Dominican love of study :love: