An Old School Catholic Message Board

Taking The Next Step...

sophia13

Hello everyone!

I've waited to share this news because I was still in the process of confirming the rightness of my decision with my spiritual director. However, I made a retreat through my school's Newman Center this week, during which the Lord blessed me with so many graces that confirmed His will for this next step in my discernment. So now I can finally say with certainty...

...I am applying to enter the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, MI! God willing, I will enter August 1, 2012.

:dance2:

If you can, please keep me in your prayers over these next months. I still need to tell my parents about my decision, as well as let my medical school know that I will not be coming back next year...neither of which I am looking forward to doing! But one lesson that the Lord taught me during my retreat is that trusting Him doesn't mean not worrying...it means surrendering my worries to Him, and letting Him lead the way. He takes care of everything in His way, in His time!

I am so grateful to all of you here on VS...you continue to be such an encouragement to me in my discernment journey.

I keep praying Our Lady's words from her Magnificat...[i]The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is His Name![/i]

+ In Christ,
Sophia

Edited by sophia13

i<3franciscans

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!! Many prayers as you enter the next step in your journey! :nun2:

[size=2](Hopefully you and MM will have the same entrance date. )[/size] :)

I just found out yesterday that sophia was applying to them! Praised be Jesus Christ! It would be lovely to enter together if that is what God wills!

HOW EXCITING!!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Blessed be the RSMs!!! I have not stopped thinking about them since I got home. I will keep you in my prayers, sophia13. Please keep me in yours!!!

That is such great news sophia. Excited for you! Will you be continuing your medical studies somewhere else once you enter? I will pray for you as you tell your news to folks around you. :)

Congratulation to you, Sophia! What exciting news and answer to prayer. May the dear Lord and his most Blessed Mother be with you as you go through the application/waiting process.

Thank you all for your prayers!

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1321568742' post='2337542']
That is such great news sophia. Excited for you! Will you be continuing your medical studies somewhere else once you enter? I will pray for you as you tell your news to folks around you. :)
[/quote]

I'm not sure if I will continue my medical studies. The RSMs have a strong medical apostolate, so there is a possibility that I would be asked to resume medical school at some point. But of course, there's always the possibility that I would be asked to undertake a different ministry. When I was visiting Alma, I asked myself if I could peacefully enter the community even if I never had the chance to go back to medical school...and the answer in my heart was yes. :love:

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1321577666' post='2337586']
Thank you all for your prayers!

I'm not sure if I will continue my medical studies. The RSMs have a strong medical apostolate, so there is a possibility that I would be asked to resume medical school at some point. But of course, there's always the possibility that I would be asked to undertake a different ministry. When I was visiting Alma, I asked myself if I could peacefully enter the community even if I never had the chance to go back to medical school...and the answer in my heart was yes. :love:
[/quote]

That is a very healthy way to approach discernment. It sounds as though you are already working on detachment, which is so necessary! ;)