An Old School Catholic Message Board

Taking The Next Step...

sophia13

Guest hermanita

[quote name='Lil'Nun' timestamp='1321781866' post='2338468']

Hi. Thanks for this. I am in my mid-40s. I do believe that I do have a vocation to Religious Life but I have not started to discern seriously with communities as I cannot enter yet. I look after my Father .I would love to visit with convents but it does not seem right if I might not be able to enter for a few years. But I would like to know where I wish to go when the time comes.
[/quote]

My aunt says the Sisters of St. Rita are great and they take later vocations. She worked in vocations for her community a while ago and was the one who told me to look into "my sisters."

Edited by hermanita

[quote name='hermanita' timestamp='1321785799' post='2338482']

My aunt says the Sisters of St. Rita are great and they take later vocations. She worked in vocations for her community a while ago and was the one who told me to look into "my sisters."
[/quote]

Thank you. They look lovely and it's great to find congregations that take later vocations!

brandelynmarie

If you are interested in Benedictines, I posted a thread on here about Our Lady of the Rock Benedictine Monastery. :) They accept postulants up to age 50.

Hi everyone,

A happy early Thanksgiving to all the Americans on VS! :eat:

Just a small request: Would you all keep my family and me in your prayers this weekend? I am going home for Thanksgiving and am planning on telling my parents about my application to the RSMs sometime during the weekend (I've waited until now so that I'll be able to have this conversation in person). In the past my parents have not been very supportive of my discernment. Recently they've expressed more support...but I'm still nervous about the conversation.

If you can, please pray that my family's hearts are opened to my vocation, and also that the Lord will grant me the grace to speak with love and to place all my trust in Him.

Thank you!

Sophia

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1322016766' post='2339655']
Hi everyone,

A happy early Thanksgiving to all the Americans on VS! :eat:

Just a small request: Would you all keep my family and me in your prayers this weekend? I am going home for Thanksgiving and am planning on telling my parents about my application to the RSMs sometime during the weekend (I've waited until now so that I'll be able to have this conversation in person). In the past my parents have not been very supportive of my discernment. Recently they've expressed more support...but I'm still nervous about the conversation.

If you can, please pray that my family's hearts are opened to my vocation, and also that the Lord will grant me the grace to speak with love and to place all my trust in Him.

Thank you!

Sophia
[/quote]

I pray that the talk goes well. My mom wasn't so supportive at first, but now she is A.WESOME! I pray your parents are as well!

I still can't believe we are going to apply to the same order! :yahoo:

Sophia I will definitely pray for your family. Remember too that no matter their reaction Our Lord has everything under control!
:nun1:

Thank you all for your prayers! My parents reacted relatively well when I told them about my application to the RSMs (thanks be to God!) They still have many questions that I can't really answer, but I'm praying that some of their worries will be assuaged as they get to know the sisters. Maybe they won't be convinced until they really see that I'm happy in that life...and only time will deliver that. Right now, I'm just grateful to have their support and their love.

I had the feeling before Mass tonight that one day, I'm going to look back on this year as one of great blessing. Even though it's hard to feel like I'm disappointing those close to me, or like I'm giving up such great opportunities in the world, I have a deep sense of joy and peace. I'm so happy to have finally said yes to Our Lord - and that makes everything else worth it!

~Sophia

This is wonderful news! I'm glad to hear that your parents took it so well. May God continue to bless you and guide you on this journey.

[quote name='sophia13' timestamp='1322448165' post='2341410']
Thank you all for your prayers! My parents reacted relatively well when I told them about my application to the RSMs (thanks be to God!) They still have many questions that I can't really answer, but I'm praying that some of their worries will be assuaged as they get to know the sisters. Maybe they won't be convinced until they really see that I'm happy in that life...and only time will deliver that. Right now, I'm just grateful to have their support and their love.

I had the feeling before Mass tonight that one day, I'm going to look back on this year as one of great blessing. Even though it's hard to feel like I'm disappointing those close to me, or like I'm giving up such great opportunities in the world, I have a deep sense of joy and peace. I'm so happy to have finally said yes to Our Lord - and that makes everything else worth it!

~Sophia
[/quote]

YAY!!! :yahoo:

I am so glad that you received a relatively positive reaction! I know how nervous you are so now you can lay that worry to bed. amesome!!!!