An Old School Catholic Message Board

Taking The Next Step...

sophia13

Stay strong in your decision. The Lord chooses certain people for this vocation. Many more graces will come with this, yet many more struggles. Prayers for the protection of your vocation. And for you as well. :)

Rejoice and be glad. You will be marrying the most amazing Man in the universe! :)

brandelynmarie

That's amesome sophia13! :bounce: Many prayers! We seem to have alot of RSM's around here, lol. Look what you started MM! :P ;)

What a blessing!

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321666300' post='2338108']
That's amesome sophia13! :bounce: Many prayers! We seem to have alot of RSM's around here, lol. Look what you started MM! :P ;)

What a blessing!
[/quote]

I didn't start the fire! :hehe2:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lueRaOwFK0Q[/media]

I would have to say that either [b]the lord's sheep[/b] or [b]Mary Magdalene[/b] started the talk about the great RSMs.

Great news. To be entering, and entering with someone you know - I'm a little jealous!
The RSMs look great. If only I was ten years younger!
Praying for you both. :nun3:

brandelynmarie
:welcome: Lil'Nun...We have a Lil'Mon (Monster) running around here, too.:hehe: There are some different discerners on here, myself included, who are in their late 30's or older...so you are in good company. ;)

[quote name='Lil'Nun' timestamp='1321694861' post='2338196']
Great news. To be entering, and entering with someone you know - I'm a little jealous!
The RSMs look great. If only I was ten years younger!
Praying for you both. :nun3:
[/quote]

How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I only ask because the RSMs are known to take older vocations. I think they will accept women up to 50 years of age. One of their first year novices was 36 when she entered. :)

Thank you very much for your prayers!

If I enter with the RSM's in the future, I think I would in my early to mid thirties or later perhaps.

Mater, how would I recognize you if we both entered at some points?

brandelynmarie

Start asking the sisters if they know "tacos, so very tasty and good for you". :hehe2: Former PM'ers would recongnize this...or any other filtered stuff. ;)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321717621' post='2338236']

How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I only ask because the RSMs are known to take older vocations. I think they will accept women up to 50 years of age. One of their first year novices was 36 when she entered. :)

Thank you very much for your prayers!
[/quote]

Hi. Thanks for this. I am in my mid-40s. I do believe that I do have a vocation to Religious Life but I have not started to discern seriously with communities as I cannot enter yet. I look after my Father .I would love to visit with convents but it does not seem right if I might not be able to enter for a few years. But I would like to know where I wish to go when the time comes.