An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Be In Love At This Age?

GodsGrace

GodsThespianChic

Ok Ice....I'm confused... :)

But yeah, I can see why you're bitter ToV, I mean, my whole experience with Anthony has made me quite cynical towards love. But it isn't love that hurts...it's the person that you loved...

IcePrincessKRS

Ok Ice....I'm confused... :)

What did I say that confused you? That thing about Mary? She is our 12 year old sister and she has a couple boy crazy friends. She has a refreshing outlook on dating for a 12 year old. lol I didn't mean that what she said should be carried over and applied to ALL people in highschool, but certainly quite a few people because as John Paul said they just aren't mature enough.

Or was it my use of names that was confusing?

OOOOOOOOH!..lol I was confused too & I was like ok are you guys in 6th grade, or are you really older!...but now I get it...

IcePrincessKRS

OOOOOOOOH!..lol I was confused too & I was like ok are you guys in 6th grade, or are you really older!...but now I get it...

lol Oops... ah well, yeah I am older... not 12 even if I act like it sometimes. :P

HiddenVoice

Sorry but I saw the topic of love and couldn't resist. I thought I was in love for almost 2 years around high school. But I discovered that the most dangerous potential that a feeling like that can have is to completely destroy who you are if you are not careful. Thus I am no longer in love. Such is life as I always say. It's funny though because it's been almost another year swearing my sole love to my principles and aspirations rather then give my heart so some girl but i found myself chasing this girl that I only recently had remembered existed. However i have discovered that besides trying to figure myself out, the female species is the most mystic and confusing group I've ever encountered, what with ritualistic group trips to bathrooms (I know I'll never understand why you absolutely HAVE to go at the same time) and the ones I know with their predominant inferiority complex. it seems like every girl I've ever set my sights on can never be told exactly how much they can mean to someone. once again recently I have absolutely given up. Dropped the subject. maybe someone can shed some light on this. Not like it's a crisis or anything because i can go another year now ny all means but if anyone has had any breakthroughs in this particular field by all means impart your knowledge, as I will always be willing to impart mine.

Always.

Voice

IcePrincessKRS

Sorry Voice, I just don't think you're going to be enlightened! :lol: I'm not saying that to be mean, I seriously mean that. I'm married and I still don't fully "get" my husband qua being a male, and I know its the same vice versa, sometimes he just doesn't get me at all. Thats part of the deal when you give yourself to somebody 100% like that, you love them because of and in spite of all their quirks and insecurities and the things you just don't understand, right along with all their good points. When you find the right person even if you would have given up on someone else with similar traits you'll keep that person and give it all you've got.

And public restrooms can be SCARY. Who wants to go alone down a creepy hallway to use a bathroom? Safety in numbers, man! lol

HiddenVoice

I always figured that much. I guess that's part of the appeal though right. And thank you so much Princess for clearing up that bathroom thing. I could never figure that out.

Voice

TempleofVesarius

Reall...explain things to a boy??

why i am i still confused outta my mind?

just because someone explains something doesnt mean the person they explained it to was able to understand their explanation

GodsThespianChic

Well fine. It's not like we girls can understand you guys's minds either. You play mind games. So there.

TempleofVesarius

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??????

WE PLAY MIND GAMES??????????????????

sorry...its hard for me to believe that you can actually say that and believe it's true about guys in general...I know there are a few still a lil attatched to their mommies or their blanky or something who havent grown up yet...but please take a look around before you judge all guys. I have taken a look around at girls...I studied several friendships and romantic relationships in my school for about two months before finally coming up with this...and i didnt start studying them to prove this right...I was actually trying to find out what was wrong with us GUYS...and maybe its just my area and my school...but its deff not the guys playing the mind games round here