An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Be In Love At This Age?

GodsGrace

what I think GTC was saying is that with the guys she's come in contact with, she's loved them for who she thought they were/who she wanted them to be. I feel like the guys I've been involved with were playing mind games on me. But it's also the way you take it. Like the guy that I'm involved with now, yea well sometimes he's all flirty, & sometimes he's not in the best of moods so he questions me a lot & he gets all worked up over stupid things, but that's funny to me...that's something I love about him! B/c he's sooo adorable when he gets mad! Anyways, I think both girls & guys play mind games on e/o...It just depends on what the situation is.

TempleofVesarius

hmmmm...that got me thinking...

The only times I have ever done anything that may be considered "mind games"...is when I am afraid of something about the girl(like past boyfriends coming back to haunt our relationship)...i guess you are right tho...it depends on your POV alot of the time

still think my theory is right tho :lol:

Yeah, well, just to toss in another 2 cents of mine... I've gotta agree with ToV and Voice. Us girls are confusing as heck. I mean, really, sometimes I don't even understand me. Or girls at all for that matter.

Maybe I have an extra dose of testosterone, and that's what makes me so confused. I mean, when I was little I used to dig for worms, and even at 17 I play nintendo and love football & hockey.

Who knows?

On the other hand, the ladies of the thread are also right. Guys make absolutely no sense to me either. You think they love you when they really don't. And you think they don't care when deep down they're actually crazy about you.

*sigh*

GodsThespianChic

BlueRose is totally right. Guys need to learn how to show their feelings and not hide it.

Girls, yes, can be confusing. But we don't hide how we feel about someone nearly as much as guys do.

Generally.

OH AMEN SISTAS!...wow it is sooooooooooo freaking true that guys don't show how they feel about girls or they lie about it....it's VERY annoying, so if you're one of them...PLS STOP!

HiddenVoice

I have no problem sharing my feelings personally. It's just that when your a guy and you're going in for the hunt you put up these defensive walls just in case the girl starts shooting at you for trying. I dunno. The whole thing kinda seems like a lose-lose situation unless you meet the one person who is compatible for you...................... if only I could convince myself of what i just typed. But that's another problem isn't it?

here's to the hunt men!

Voice

I haven't read this tread very closely, so if this has been said sorry!

In high school I dealt with a lot of misleading relationships in terms of confusion on both sides. But as I've gotten older (not that I much older...) relationships seem to be less confusing because I've become LESS (not to say I'm completely clear about my thoughts and feelings all the time) confusing and I choose to date guys who have also reached this level of maturity. Many of you sound like you've matched up with people who are less mature than you are. I don't know how old you all are, but reading some of your other posts I know you guys are very mature so look for others who are equally mature. That should get rid of a lot of the confusion! :)

and, for what it's worth, girls are probably the most confusing of the sexes, but that's just because we're more emotion based. That's not a bad thing though. That's what makes us such good moms and nurturers in general!

HiddenVoice

I dunno..... this is all so confusing........ my head hurts..... Ack. must not let emotion show. don't let them see voice..... DON"T LET THEM SEE.

Sorry, I swore I'd give up trying to understand and go with the flow but this thread has opened up alot of old thoughts. But I seriously agree with the whole maturity thing. But that's what college is for, right? :) Anyone????

Voice

IcePrincessKRS

I never dated anyone until I went to college.

How's that for abnormal? :)

Seriously, though, I don't think most people get into serious relationships where they will be contemplating spending the rest of their lives with their girlfriend/boyfriend SERIOUSLY until college (I've known a few exceptions--and I mean girls getting hitched at 16-18 years old, just barely out of HS). Many of us "wise up" and get a better grip on our maturity when in college because once we're out of college we're on our own, we're "forced" to straighten up and be responsible. Others are just more mature due to the circumstances they grew up in/how they were raised.

Am I makin' sense there? I think I started to ramble...

HiddenVoice

no no no. you've made perfect sense. thank you for imparting your wisdom. I now realize that there is a golden age where men and women can coexist in psychological harmony. i now have hope and realize that I still have a chance..... I cannot wait for college. Thank you Ice. :)

Voice

Now I don't have to look like the guy on my Avatar!!! lol_grin.giflol_grin.gif:huh:<_< B)

Edited by HiddenVoice

IcePrincessKRS

Aw man, you're makin' me feel old. :huh: Not necessarily a "golden age" more like a "golden relationship"--even in the best relationships there are rough spots, but the golden part is its always great, and you can get through the rough spots together. :)

You definately have a chance, just keep praying for that unknown someone and that God leads you to her. You'll find her--or maybe she'll find you. <_<

Another thing...

When I was younger I felt like I always had to be with someone. At some point you just get sick of it all and look for people who are actually worth your time. For most people (and for me) this point comes in college when you're looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with. and then you freak out because you think you'll never find that someone!!!!!!!!!! Once again, that could just be me! lol_grin.gif

IcePrincessKRS

Another thing...

When I was younger I felt like I always had to be with someone. At some point you just get sick of it all and look for people who are actually worth your time. For most people (and for me) this point comes in college when you're looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with.

Good point Joy. :) I think alot of times when we're younger we just want someone and when we get older we want to make sure the someone we want is the one we'll spend the rest of our lives with.

and then you freak out because you think you'll never find that someone!!!!!!!!!! Once again, that could just be me!  lol_grin.gif

And then you find them. Or you don't freak and you still find them. After the first guy I dated in college I liked a couple guys but I basically gave up on looking for someone and started praying that God would send me who and what I needed. I left it entirely up to Him, and I know He did a better job at finding my spouse than I coulda done on my own. ;) (When I say I gave up on looking I mean I remained open to what God had in store for me at all times but I didn't try and lead the "search.")