An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can We Be In Love At This Age?

GodsGrace

I don't know but guys, major info on this case. I told him that I loved him & he just stood there like he was frozen solid. I.. I just told him that I don't know how, or why it happened, :::looked to the sky::: or who made it happen!!! But it did, and I have totally fallen in love with you. & that wasn't the big deal, b/c you know the song "I Just Can't Help, Falling In Love, With You" by Elvis, yea well I sang that to him (well sorta since I can't sing to save my life) well that was always my song to him & he knew it. Well he said that same thing to me, when we were dating about 5 months ago. Anywas, ( this will help with the next part....when I was a freshman in HS I got made fun of for saying those 3 words.... I was called psyco B****, and all these others things involving the word psyco...so I'm sooo paranoid that it would happen so I would never tell a guy exactly how I felt about it b/c I was soooo tramatized. Anyways he knew that so I always tell him this when I'm telling him how I feel!!) I told him that I didn't want to sound like some psyco girl who falls in love with everyone...and only wants to get married & all this other stuff....well he goes...umm...but...tell me....I didn't want to tell him b/c we were at church & it was after youth group when no one was there, well BlueRose was waiting on my in my car, and his friends were waiting on him up the road in the parking lot, & I had to tell myself like 50 million times...just say it...if he doesn't like it then too bad & if he's going to talk carp then he's not worth it. Nothing to lose...except him, but that wouldn't happen...so right before I told him I said that I didn't want our friendship to change but that he should just know this so that there's nothing holding me back from letting him go away to college...& he goes ok...just say it Amanda....so I said it....I go...Bradley....I....I love you...I'm leaving now....& I started walking away, & I said, now that I've made a fool out of myself, I'm leaving love you call me!...& I stopped in the middle of the street with my head in my hands spbbing like a baby...& he came up & kissed me!!! He goes I love you too...I was like whoa!....no just kidding, he just stood in the same position as I sobbed in the middle of the road.......then I turned around & walked towards him saying why are you still here!.....he goes, I thought you were leaving....& I was like ok I am...then after about the 3rd time I walked away, I came back & said why aren't you doing what you always do & he goes what's that & I said, walk away from me, go hang out with your friends......& he goes huh? I don't do that & I was like yes after youth group every Sunday & Wednesday you do....so go...& he goes...you want me to & I was like...umm....& I walked away & he goes bye...& walked back up the street to his car....& I walked to mine sobbing with the most shocked look on my face! I was soooo psyched that he didn't respond with you weirdo or anything like that....But it's going to be soooo weird when I talk to him again, or see him again....if he even wants to talk to me. I'm soooo paranoid now that I'm like...AHH! so yea..be proud that I told him......even though it wasn't in the amesome dinner I had planned with the best dress I own & I was paying & driving in my NEW DAEWOO LEGANZA!!woop woop! anyways...lol! so yea I'm glad I told him...oh & the best part....he wanted me to tell him & have this dinner date not done up...like nice but not like expensive & way out of my way for it....& said I want it like we are...normal!! so I told him in the WORST clothing possible...my work attire...(I work at Steak-N-SHake...if you don't know the attire...it's BIG BAGGY white shirt, & black pantaloons & black shoes....with a red bow tie & an apron...well I didn't have the apron or the bow tie, but I had the shirt, pantaloons & shoes, & my hair looked like carp...hardly NO makeup soo he got it like he wanted it!! oh wells! anyways, what do ya think! how do you think I did, ya proud of me?! I didn't think I'd actually go through with it b/c it was soooo frustratin & weird, & I had to just smell of elderberries it up or else I KNOW I would be kickingm myself in the butt for not telling him when I could have! soo WOOP WOOP!.........plus I have "Half Baked" ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.....it's brownie fudge & cookie dough mixed ice cream....it's the best so I'm happy now...until he replies! then I'll freak!

littleflower+JMJ

i think you did good, you told him and thats all you can do right?

wow! so much drama in florida....must be all the heat....and sun....

lol. no really, you did good though, pray now, and leave it all up to God....

His in control and he knows us better then we know ourselves.....

St. Raphael, pray for all us singles out there! amen.

GodsThespianChic

SO true, +JMJ. Maybe it is the heat that is causing all teh drama!! But I am sooooooo proud of you GG, it is so about time and I kinda can't believe you finally did it. I am so proud of you and soooo happy for you!!! That's so amesome!!

BR,

Why cant all girls just get it like you do? :)

Haha. (Thanks!) I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with being raised with an appreciation for things like Nintendo and football. Maybe you oughta do a study on that next! lol...

TempleofVesarius

drama is not exclusive to florida...

But GG, good luck and I wish you the best with him!!!

thanks!! still no word but everyone keeps telling me not to give up b/c maybe he just doesn't want to admit to himself that he loves me...but I don't know. I'm just going to pray the Rosary for a Novena & maybe it will help...well I know it will it always does....but wait...is it right to pray for that? Like is it considered something you should pray a novena for?

I don't think it's petty. It obviously means a lot to you, doesn't it? I'm sure your Father in Heaven understands that as much as an earthly father would understand his daughter's wishes.

Similar to what GTC said, pray that God helps you see what HE has planned... pray for the wisdom to understand what's going on...

I pray a prayer sometimes that goes a little something like this:

"Dear God, you know what it is that I hold in my heart. (Feel free to go into details about it here) Please, if it is according to Your will, let it be so!"

:(

yea, He's great...He's hilarious too....just when I was going to give up....today I had a funny/weird day at work...then all get better when they sent me home early the first time in months b/c it was slow....& I'm not cheap labor any more....( when I was a server I was cheap labor, but production line...like shakes, grill, cash counter, drive thru...all that is production & it's not cheap labor) so they sent me home, I had a fnuny car ride home.....a really hot guy like tracked me down & then said good bye at a stop light (always funny!)then I get home & I think I can drive my new car.....& he talked to me (Brad)...we're all good & the dinner date thingy is on whenever he gets a free night!

Guest godsgirl177

hey all, my name's jenny, i'm 23, and i'm from canada, woop woop!!

just thought i might come and weigh in on the subject. i have read all the posts about four times just so i know i've got this thing straight.

let me reintroduce myself. my friends used to call me 'advicegirl' because i'm always asked to hop in and speak my mind. when i spout information, its never the sugar-coated frosty lovey-lovey things. i'm blunt, so if you dont want the truth, don't read on. at any rate, i maybe i can be of some help here. B)

first and foremost, it sounds like you, GodsGrace, are a tad bit desperate. wait, not a tad bit, a lot desperate. :blink: i know it hurts, but you've just got to look someplace else. maybe you should take a break from guys. and about knocking him for thinking about the priesthood? :lol: don't even go there. its good that there are some good guys going in the priesthood now. stop trying to shove yourself into this guy's life. either way, he'll be gone in, what, 3 and a half weeks?

i wouldnt say you are psycho, just out of your league. it really sounds like this guy isn't for you. either that or you aren't for him. he wouldn't put off your "dinner date" for such a long time if he really had feelings for you.

grow up, get real, and live loud.

hope this helps and doesnt hurt too much. :o:)

jenny ;)

Hey godsgirl177!

I'm really really glad you're here! You should go and introduce yourself in Open Mic. There's a thread specifically for introducing yourself!

God bless and I hope to hear more from you!

Joy

look, you're blunt, & I'm tired, so I'm going to be blunt right back. This is an under 20 phorum # 1...but I don't care that you're here, sometimes we need someone to help us out & get us back to reality.

#2.....I know you have read these things....but I guess it's a little different...& even those who have been on here & have read everything & posted from the beginning still don't know 1/2 of it. BlueRose, &GodsThespianChic know the most...but it's soooooo different than what you're thinking. I'll agree that maybe I am a little desperate...but at any rate.....I have had the HUGEST crush on him for almost 3 & 1/2 years now. He's been off & on with showing his emotions. He kisses me, but he doesn't like me at all...just friends...YEA RIGHT! so when I told him about me loving him, he said...."I know you always have". Now we're just friends & eveything should be close to the same, except my "best friend" just got a little weird on me & now we're fighting & he's trying to calm me down...(BR & GTC...I'll tell you about that one when we can get together with Ben & Jerry!!!!) Anywas....I just wanted to say that from what you can see it does seem like I'm off my rocker a little...but I was just looking for advice on teenagers being inlove...not all this other stuff....as for the preist...it's actually quite amusing if you knew the story. it's long...so email me if you really want to know & I'll tell ya.!!!

where it says "I know you always have"...it's supposed to be...." I know, :::pauses::: you always have ::;with sweet sincere look in face:::