Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Very Sorry, I Had To Post This...


  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

umm ok... just going to put that one under the category of "different".

Posted

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1321834505' post='2338674']
So, I googled this. According to Wikipedia, it was in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. That means a lot of people heard the Lord's Prayer who might not have been exposed to it before. Yay for that.

I might die if I heard it in Mass, though.
[/quote]

You wouldn't actually. You just like to think you would.

Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1321844951' post='2338771']


That is a quote that is often misquoted. It's singing WELL is praying twice. :|
[/quote]

Which is why I should let other people do my singing/praying for me. God created a voice that He can't stand, so I should sit in church like a lump on a pew.

Posted

When in doubt, sing the alto line. It never strays more than a major third from where it started.

missionseeker
Posted

I hate the alto line :|

Posted

So this video is what happens when "Mod Squad" and "Electra Woman and DynaGirl" collide with a convent...

Posted (edited)

OK, how many remember the guitar masses in the 1970s where they sang the "Sanctus" from "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Neil Diamond?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO5qXiylkg[/media]

Edited by Norseman82
missionseeker
Posted (edited)

We've had Bill Withers "Lean on Me"

Edited by missionseeker
i<3franciscans
Posted

stunned with pain and disbelief. no, just no.

Posted

OK, now I know I need therapy. I was driving home earlier and singing this tune out loud.....



























in Latin!

Posted

Gahh!! I listened to this yesterday, and now it is stuck in my head.

Posted

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1321823182' post='2338609']
Anyone remember "Children of God?"

"CHildren of God, in one family; loved by God in one family."

EVERY. SINGLE. First Friday Mass in Catholic elementary school. That is my only bad memory of Catholic School.
[/quote]
I don't remember what we sang in my Catholic elementary school. But I bet I would if it were chant and Latin music.

Posted

there's a german word for songs that haunt you through the day: "Ohrwurm". It literally means: ear worm. Disgusting right? Imagine this song creeping through your brain eating away the brain cells... this melody......I think it will haunt me for the rest of eternity! lol ;)

Clare~Therese
Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1321736221' post='2338313']
that is the UGLIEST Jesus statue EVER!
[/quote]

The only reason I watched the video was so that I could see the ugly statue for myself.
It was a whole lot more ugly than I thought it would be.

:unsure:

i<3franciscans
Posted

I just realized that she is wearing heels in the first video. I didn't know that nuns wear heels... :|

Posted

At least sister is not wearing pant[size=1].[/size]s.

FutureCarmeliteClaire
Posted

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1322074474' post='2339861']
I just realized that she is wearing heels in the first video. I didn't know that nuns wear heels... :|
[/quote]
Yeah, or habits that short. Wow...

Posted (edited)

At least she's wearing one, tons of nuns these days don't even wear a habit.

Edited by DemonSlayer
homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1321856130' post='2338847']
So this video is what happens when "Mod Squad" and "Electra Woman and DynaGirl" collide with a convent...
[/quote]
You realize that the vast majority of posters have no idea what "Electra Woman and DynaGirl" is. But your comment made *me* lol.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

"Our Father, who art in heaven..." I've got the tune in my head. Thanks for sharing! "Our Father, who art in heaven...hallowed be thy name..."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...