homeschoolmom Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321923115' post='2339174'] Bill Mumy later played Lennier on Babylon 5!! [/quote] Yes, he did, but he lost his ability to make things go into the cornfield. We always call him Evil Opie.
Totus Tuus Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I don't know what the meaning is I love my husband?
BG45 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1321923299' post='2339179'] Yes, he did, but he lost his ability to make things go into the cornfield. We always call him Evil Opie. [/quote] LOL. Cute nickname. I wish he'd kept the ability, would've come in handy...
Sarah147 Posted November 22, 2011 Author Posted November 22, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1321923807' post='2339183'] I don't know what the meaning is I love my husband? [/quote] Is that you and hubby in the pic?? BTW, why aren't you a church militant yet? Edited November 22, 2011 by JoyfulLife
Nunsense Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Was Bernini's statue of St Teresa in ecstasy. Now St Scholastica looking pretty much the same If Bernini had done one of Scholastica, I would have used that - I love his work.
TheresaThoma Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I changed mine to keep Max from bugging me about not having an avatar. And I like this particular shade of blue, though I have been thinking about changing it up and making it match the liturgical colors.
Totus Tuus Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1321923919' post='2339186'] Is that you and hubby in the pic?? BTW, why aren't you a church militant yet? [/quote] Yes. And I don't know about CM... I never really thought about it. I tend to take hiatuses from PM and then come back so I haven't been as consistent as a lot of people!
Norseman82 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Well, I'm Catholic, of Polish descent, impressed by John Paul II's life story, and like hockey. So, put them all together.....
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Mine is a Bride of Christ picture, although I am switching it to a Carmelite cleaning, stay tuned!
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Okay, why is it not properly changing?
vee Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I change mine frequently for feast days or whatever, this happens to be a whatever in that octopus is delicious. Yum
MissScripture Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1321934794' post='2339294'] I change mine frequently for feast days or whatever, this happens to be a whatever in that octopus is delicious. Yum [/quote] I think it secretly means you're a Red Wings fan.
OnlySunshine Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1321914300' post='2339140'] My avatar is R2-D2 wearing a fedora, like Indiana Jones. I've had a variation on this avatar since I came to PM in 2005, mainly just because I like Star Wars, and Indiana Jones and I love R2-D2. Then, when PM went to having our avatars as the signatures, I included a quote from C-3PO about R2, which says, "Kept babbling about his mission!" I liked that, because we're all on a mission from God. And when we went back to regular avatars, I just squished it all down into the square. And I don't think I could ever change my avatar, or else I wouldn't recognize myself. It confuses me when people first change their avatars, because I pay more attention to the picture than the name, so I don't know who is saying things. [/quote]
vee Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='13219I think it secretly means the REd Wing suck35061' post='2339295'] I think it secretly means you're a Red Wings fan. [/quote] I think it secretly means the Red Wings smell of elderberries
FutureSister2009 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I have had the same avatar since I joined the Phorum. It's me and my dear friend Sr. Jessica who has been a huge influence on me and my Vocation. She's such a dear. I can talk to her about anything. She's such a good friend and shes so committed to her Vocation. Whether or not I do enter into this Community, she will always be my friend and she will always be one of the people who inspired me
cmaD2006 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321924004' post='2339187'] Was Bernini's statue of St Teresa in ecstasy. Now St Scholastica looking pretty much the same If Bernini had done one of Scholastica, I would have used that - I love his work. [/quote] Ok I have to laugh. The picture of St. Scholastica plus the statement "At her brother's refusal Scholastica folded her hands..." always makes me think of her throwing up her hands in frustration. She has the right look
Groo the Wanderer Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 mine is Groo the Wanderer, which is my all-time favorite comic book, plus St. Michael which is my all-time favorite devil booty-kicker
Nunsense Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1321936878' post='2339316'] Ok I have to laugh. The picture of St. Scholastica plus the statement "At her brother's refusal Scholastica folded her hands..." always makes me think of her throwing up her hands in frustration. She has the right look [/quote] Ok, I never thought of that! I wanted to type the whole quote, which included the words right after 'folded her hands'... to read 'in prayer' but the word length was too long and got cut off. I like the fact that she prayed to God and He listened to her prayer to keep her brother there that night.... despite St Benedict's protests to the contrary, but I can see what you mean too. Very funny. I would like a really good mystical Benedictine avatar, but can't find one I like. I am a bit of a romantic, traditionalist and mystic, and like to combine these things... this one will do until I find something better.
regina_coeli Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Queen of Heaven. I love the prayer to her,and this picture is beautiful. Our Lady's reward for those faith full years!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now