FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1321935061' post='2339295'] I think it secretly means you're a Red Wings fan. [/quote] Noooo! Not the Dead Wings! They are baddies. Go Sharks!
arfink Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 (edited) Panda + flower pot = potted panda No particular reason. I like it. It's cute and silly. It's a PANDA! OH YEAH- and I've used it for over 8 years as the symbol of my online personality, right after I stopped using the Sinistar. The potted panda is from a very obscure and largely unknown video game called Puzzle Link, which was crushed into oblivion during "the Pokemon years," during which time nobody I knew played anything but Pokemon. Except me. I played Puzzle Link.</p> Edited November 22, 2011 by arfink
the171 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Mine is a Carmelite after her final vows. I'm discerning the Carmelite life soo.... yeah.
Archaeology cat Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 (edited) I love this photo of my son Edited November 22, 2011 by Archaeology cat
Sarah147 Posted November 22, 2011 Author Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1321987375' post='2339494'] Just a picture of me. [/quote] Really, you are a woman?
BigJon16 Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 Mine is a drawing done by arfink. I asked him to draw what he thought a "BigJon" would look like, and this is what came out. I figured it would be an appropriate avatar, even though I don't look like that... Thanks arfman! Its pretty razzle dazzle.
Papist Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I just like the artistry and simplicity. I don't like that my Lord's bottom half is truncated. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/uploads/profile/photo-11423.jpg[/img]
arfink Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 [quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1321993217' post='2339529'] Mine is a drawing done by arfink. I asked him to draw what he thought a "BigJon" would look like, and this is what came out. I figured it would be an appropriate avatar, even though I don't look like that... Thanks arfman! Its pretty razzle dazzle. [/quote] No problem. I need to do a couple more, been keeping people waiting.
Chrysophylax Posted November 22, 2011 Posted November 22, 2011 I actually asked arfink to do one for me, too, but it hasn't happened yet. Meanwhile, the dragon goes with my name. Chrysophylax is the name of a dragon from a short story by J.R.R. Tolkien. And the dragon thinking about cookies expresses my general thoughts during the day.
Vincent Vega Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1321989083' post='2339505'] Really, you are a woman? [/quote] Don't be rude, I ain't no lady.
OnlySunshine Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1322011082' post='2339615'] Don't be rude, I ain't no lady. [/quote] Miss Manners....
Vincent Vega Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1322020954' post='2339686'] Miss Manners.... [/quote] [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1322020954' post='2339686'] Miss Manners.... [/quote] You rang, dingbat?
Little Flower Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 um it means that I haven't changed it in a LONG time. i was changing it every day for the feast day but I haven't been able to get on in a while with school and work and so yeah. I don't even remember what saint it is
Mercy me Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321924004' post='2339187'] Was Bernini's statue of St Teresa in ecstasy. Now St Scholastica looking pretty much the same If Bernini had done one of Scholastica, I would have used that - I love his work. [/quote] I loved your avatar of St Teresa in Ecstasy because it reminded me of Rome. I literally stumbled upon that statue and was just blown away by it. I had studied Bernini's work and came face to face with on of my favorites when I was just wondering around Rome.
DemonSlayer Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 Pope John Paul II kissing Cardinal Ignatius Kung, who spent 30 years in prison & 2 years in house arrest in China for refusing to renounce the Catholic church and endorse the state-run church. Knowing of his and other priests' impending arrests, he taught hundreds Catechists to teach the faith to future generations. The Pope made him cardinal 'in pectore' while in prison. "Long live Christ the King, Long live the Pope" - Cardinal Kung
brandelynmarie Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 (edited) My avatar is a portrait of Elizabeth Throckmorton when she was an English Augustinian nun in Paris. It was painted by Nicolas de Largillière & was completed in 1729. I like the way she is sitting so serenely with a book in her hand to emphasize reading & studying. [size=2](I also choose it because I thought she looked like a Dominican nun!)[/size] Edited November 23, 2011 by brandelynmarie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now