scardella Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 The Jesus on a Nissan Logo (c) Me is a thoughtful, provoking piece on the commercialization of megachurches and feel-good, gospel of prosperity Christians. Or.... I just made it because I like Jesus, and I like Nissans. And Jesus likes Nissans. And my Nissan is named Immaculata. And it drives really fast through courses like this: [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281650_10150401034318135_684183134_10655914_8167965_n.jpg[/img]
Amppax Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 Mine (besides being amesome and perfect, thanks Arfink!) is inspired by the household i'm joining here at Franciscan, Servants of the Savior. For those that aren't familiar with them here's some info [url="http://franciscan.edu/Households/"]http://franciscan.edu/Households/[/url] . But part of our focus is service and we actually wear coverall's for some of our commitments. So, it's a pretty accurate avatar for who I am.
Not A Mallard Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 This is what my avatar is based off of: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayCvk2P4f0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayCvk2P4f0[/url]
brandelynmarie Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 I always wondered how you found a photo of Cookie Monster & Schwarzenegger. Most Excellent.
Maximilianus Posted November 23, 2011 Posted November 23, 2011 Hospitaller knight of St. John circa 13th century, Papal arms superimposed on the background, background color depicts liturgical season.
Not A Mallard Posted November 24, 2011 Posted November 24, 2011 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1322091500' post='2339960'] I always wondered how you found a photo of Cookie Monster & Schwarzenegger. Most Excellent. [/quote] Thanks. I made it
MithLuin Posted November 24, 2011 Posted November 24, 2011 Maedhros is an elf from Tolkien's [i]Silmarillion.[/i] He's not one of those nice elves who looks sad and sings songs, though....he's more of the 'I kill people' variety. As the eldest Son of Fëanor he has a lot of responsibility for herding cats and blood on his hands. He's very tragic, but I mostly admire him. Enough to write a (still unfinished) 60,000 word epic about his judgement and afterlife: [url=http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/archive/home/viewstory.php?sid=282]Lessons from the Mountain[/url] The artist is the talented [url=http://ivanneth.com/]Ivanneth[/url]
Sarah147 Posted November 24, 2011 Author Posted November 24, 2011 [quote name='Not A Mallard' timestamp='1322096739' post='2339968'] Thanks. I made it [/quote] It's adorable.
Guest hermanita Posted November 24, 2011 Posted November 24, 2011 The seal of the community I'm applying to.
Maccabeus Posted November 25, 2011 Posted November 25, 2011 Its what my focus is this year, as a Catholic. Plus for years to come. When I was a teenager I wasn't the most practicing.
Not A Mallard Posted November 25, 2011 Posted November 25, 2011 (edited) [quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1322159054' post='2340079'] It's adorable. [/quote] Thanks Edited November 25, 2011 by Not A Mallard
beatitude Posted November 25, 2011 Posted November 25, 2011 Mine is the sunset as viewed from a prison wall. It reminds me of freedom in Jesus, and also of this Bible verse: "Mourning and weeping may last for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
KenW Posted November 25, 2011 Posted November 25, 2011 I have built 30 or so classical guitars over the last 10 years, at times it is a part time job, and there were even a few months when luthiery held my household together after a job loss. My avatar is a rosette of my own making, one that turned out really well.
quia_pulvis Posted December 11, 2011 Posted December 11, 2011 i know this is a small dig up but its funny to see the changes in the pictures and not matching up now. My name is roughly to do with the phrase "That you are dust" i left out one word and now its because dust. I have always enjoyed that reminder. so thus my avatar is an ash cross in the snow.
Era Might Posted December 11, 2011 Posted December 11, 2011 (edited) Boss Tweed. I mean, come on, the guy's name is "Boss." You don't get any badder than that. And on top of that he's in a three piece suit and throwing up a gang sign. Self explanatory. Edited December 11, 2011 by Era Might
Papist Posted December 11, 2011 Posted December 11, 2011 Lego man listening to ipod. My boys love legos and I my ipod. This the first time I have changed my avatar.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now