An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Blessed

Sarah147

It does take them a lot of time sometimes. The VD is very busy with being a Church Financial Administrator (I can't remember the exactly title). The only reason she got back to me when she did is because she was updating their website with the retreat dates (erasing the November ones). :blush:

Very good to know. I put so much out there in my email to vd that it makes me nervous what others think. :blush:

Edited by JoyfulLife

Joyful when I was first contacting communities I was a bit nervous when communities weren't getting back to me within a few days.A good Jesuit friend reminded me that nuns and Sisters run on "convent time". Which is often much different (slower) than "normal time". Also "convent time" varies between communities but you eventually figure out what is normal for them.

Another thing about 'Convent Time' - many if not most communities cut back on snail mail (and possibly/probably) email during Advent and Lent. (In many communities, the sisters' mail is saved up until Christmas or Easter!!!) Most likely that wouldn't apply to vocation directors, but it could still mean that she (or he) may be a lot slower to get through backed-up mail during these times.

Another example of 'if God wants you in, nothing on earth will keep you out, but if God doesn't want you in, nothing on earth will get you in. So be at peace, listen carefully and move slowly." Still some of the BEST vocation advice I have ever heard - thank you, SO much, Fr. Bonaventure (of happy memory!).

It's hard doing that waiting, JoyfulLife.... but Advent is a wonderful season to be asking for the grace to do 'joyful waiting'' -- not to hear from a human vocation director, but for the voice of God calling you closer to him in love.... I'll keep on praying that grace for you.... for all of you!

I'm just agreeing with all the advice and feeling positive and excited about Christmas and RSM.

I'm normally kind of hyper anyway from ADHD. :hehe:

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1323026298' post='2344434']
I'm just agreeing with all the advice and feeling positive and excited about Christmas and RSM.

I'm normally kind of hyper anyway from ADHD. :hehe:
[/quote]
Its Advent its normal to be hopeful (read excited/hyper)! In three weeks we will be celebrating Our Savior's birth, what is more exciting than that?

Well, I heard back from the FSE and they didn't offer any advice. They just said that based on my health and the rigors of their life, they couldn't consider me. So now it's just the RSM and the LA order.

[quote name='savvy' timestamp='1322845575' post='2343665']
Joyful,

Even if you get rejected, God might still be calling you to religious life. You might just be called to be more patient, and deepen your prayer life, before God can unfold his plans for you.

I have a learning disability too and take medication. I was rejected by several orders who though their life might be too hectic for me. To be fair I was also not completely at peace when I was with them. I dropped the idea of religious life, then at the Life in the Spirit Seminar, the call back back. I needed to spend time in prayer and just getting closer to God. And just have faith and trust in Him.

None of my attempts at relationships worked out, because obstacles would just come up along the way. It was very mysterious.

I am now discerning with a community, that I totally fit into, despite their active lifestyle. They said that because I have a very low dose, they will consider me, and need to spend time getting to know me. So don't lose hope. Just keep praying.

God works in His time, and will surprise you when the time is right.
[/quote]

Savvy, not to be rude but a better word choice for "rejected" could be something like "not accepted or selected by"

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1323561875' post='2348758']

Savvy, not to be rude but a better word choice for "rejected" could be something like "not accepted or selected by"
[/quote]

I was just discussing that word with my mom today because it has come up a lot to in discussions with other people about my discernment with the RSMs. They keep saying they "rejected" me. That is such a negative connotation. It's like you are saying that the Holy Spirit doesn't know what He is doing or the community hates you and that's not how it works. Now, I know that is probably not what [b]Savvy[/b] meant, but it just bothers me. I wasn't rejected by anyone. I am just called somewhere else. :)