An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Nuns...

FutureCarmeliteClaire

i<3franciscans

Clare,

Just for the record, The Franciscan Sister of the Renewal, lay prostrate during their Final Profession, they receive a gold wedding ring and a crown of thorns. :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1323186873' post='2345523']
Clare,

Just for the record, The Franciscan Sister of the Renewal, lay prostrate during their Final Profession, they receive a gold wedding ring and a crown of thorns. :)
[/quote]
razzle dazzle!! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1322886592' post='2343943']

From the words of wisdom that she writes, I assumed at least 74 or 75! :P
[/quote]

She is very mature for her age. She's younger than me! I'm 28 and she's 26. :P

Little Flower

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1322943335' post='2344128'][img]http://sistersofmary.org/images/slideshows/First_Profession_2010/38_The_Sisters_make_the_venia.JPG[/img][/quote]

i have a question. what is that brown thing? Isn't their whole habit black and white?

"From the words of wisdom that she writes, I assumed at least 74 or 75! :P"

Hey, don't go stickin' your tongue at my next decade of life, thank you very much!!!! Just kidding. I'm still at least 12 years away
BTW, how can I get a tag? dUST cannot receive email. I have enough degrees and experience to get 2 church scholar tags HA HA
And, this shows how unscholarly I am, how can you get a quote to appear in that pink box? I've tried and can't seem to get it to work. My degrees are in theology, not engineering, for goodness sake :boink:

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1323198791' post='2345647']

i have a question. what is that brown thing? Isn't their whole habit black and white?
[/quote]

It's black- that's the veil, and it's made of different fabric than the cappa, which is the "blacker" black.