An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Habit Thread

the171

Divine Mercy 9999

Try this website
[url="http://www.gothicgarments.com/"]http://www.gothicgarments.com/[/url]

Go to Nun's Latin Rite. On the bottom of the first page are instructions on how to put the habit on, including the pins.

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1328235198' post='2379937']
Try this website
[url="http://www.gothicgarments.com/"]http://www.gothicgarments.com/[/url]

Go to Nun's Latin Rite. On the bottom of the first page are instructions on how to put the habit on, including the pins.
[/quote]
Kewl :bounce: I always wondered if habits were made by sisters of each order or if perhaps they could be made to "order" :hehe2:

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328159903' post='2379480']
Any other things I need to know? Secret compartments? Invisible mantle? Veil pin tricks? Can I pull a bunny from under the scapular?
[/quote]

Ha! Funny story: the nuns I lived with were in the middle of moving to the new refectory. Mother was carrying one of the final things, the human skull that sat on her table at the front. She put it under her scapular so it wouldn't look too weird, this nun carrying a human skull through the halls of the monastery, but when she stopped to talk to one of the workmen, she forgot herself and gestured with it. She said the workman looked terrified and later saw him talking to one of the other workmen, pointing at her and looking nervous.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328159903' post='2379480']
Any other things I need to know? Secret compartments? Invisible mantle? Veil pin tricks? Can I pull a bunny from under the scapular?
[/quote]

I know that some nuns can fit many things in their habit pockets. :|
bunnies. :hehe2:

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328160595' post='2379485']
Let's play a fun game of "Pin the Veil on the Novice!" The less pins you use, the more points!
[/quote]

rotfl. This would be so fun.

I'll probably start playing that game at my live in. Carmel had ANOTHER new entrant. Sr.Faustina (novice) left though. So the count is 2 postulants and 1 novice and 2 aspirants. :)

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328506908' post='2382096']
I'll probably start playing that game at my live in. Carmel had ANOTHER new entrant. [b]Sr.Faustina (novice) left though[/b]. So the count is 2 postulants and 1 novice and 2 aspirants. :)
[/quote]

Oh, what a loss to the community. I remember seeing her investiture pictures that she posted and thought she looked so happy. I hope she finds the vocation God is calling her to.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328506908' post='2382096']
I'll probably start playing that game at my live in. Carmel had ANOTHER new entrant. Sr.Faustina (novice) left though. So the count is 2 postulants and 1 novice and 2 aspirants. :)
[/quote]
Sr. Faustina left? Sr. MJ was telling me about her, but I didn't know she left. :(

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1328541986' post='2382338']
Sr. Faustina left? Sr. MJ was telling me about her, but I didn't know she left. :(
[/quote]

Recently. My friend form Lafayette, Bree, told me. It's also not a loss to the community if the vocation was not found there. :)

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328573857' post='2382649']
Recently. My friend form Lafayette, Bree, told me. It's also not a loss to the community if the vocation was not found there. :)
[/quote]
Very true. :)

So... Did you get the habit on yet?

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1328573979' post='2382650']
Very true. :)

So... Did you get the habit on yet?
[/quote]

I GET IT ON THE 16TH :D

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328577048' post='2382679']
[/quote]
razzle dazzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1328577048' post='2382679']
[/quote]

Post pics, please. You are going to look amesome!!!