Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 10:17 PM'] Cool!


I wanna know what you're gonna wear if you get to chaperone, Homeschoolmom! :) [/quote]
Hmmmm... Which horid bridesmaid dress should I wear... the full-length black number that the bride assured me I would wear again... (that was '96... I haven't, although it's not too bad... I wore it 6 weeks after my first baby was born and I <ahem> didn't look too bad in it, if you catch my drift)... or the highly flamable, shiny pepto-bismal colored dress that the bride assured me I would never wear again... (that was '94) bonus-- I have the matching shoes!! Or egads... should I wear my actual prom dress... a white sleeveless full-leghth gown with aqua polka dots... matching ribbon sash... I still have all the jewelry... (that was '86)...

Should we take a poll?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I think you should wear the black number! It sounds gorgeous!

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 10:28 PM'] I think you should wear the black number! It sounds gorgeous! [/quote]
Actually, it's not bad. The bride suggested after the wedding, it could be cut down into a cocktail dress... I laughed right out loud (she's my good friend, so she didn't get mad)... As I said, I had a new baby... I wasn't going to a whole lot of cocktail parties... Okay, the black it is... But it will have to be full-length... no time for alterations...

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

OK....time to look for our shoes! :D

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Found my shoes! :D

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

them as close together as possible!

homeschoolmom
Posted

very snappy... since my dress is floor length, I'm am going with black silk ballet slippers... very comfy... and easy to dance in...

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

That'll work!

Me...even though it's floor length, the fact that my husband's over a foot taller than I am requires me to wear high heels! ;)

homeschoolmom
Posted

Yeah, I know... but since my husband and I are the same height, I never have to wear heals again.... bwahahahahaha... (can you tell I don't miss them?)

The Russian College Student Who Lives With Us (from here on out known as TRCSWLWU, just because I am tired of typing that)... is only 5' and her boyfriend is 6' 3"... she's teeny even in the four inch heals she always wears....

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted
:P


Yeah....just rub it in! I see how you are! ;)
OwNeD_byGoD
Posted

ima wear that slick outfit Usher wears in the new beyonce music video

although i dont have a date or dont really know what you guys are talking about =(

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

awww.....my creepy aliens do grow up! :sadder: ^_^ :D

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Did I ever mention that never got to go to my prom


:weep: I really wanted to go, too! :weep:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 11:33 PM'] Did I ever mention that never got to go to my prom


:weep: I really wanted to go, too! :weep: [/quote]
I went to three proms... you didn't miss anything.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Yeah-huh!


I missed out on dancing with my future husband!

homeschoolmom
Posted

I thought nice lil Baptist girls and boys were discouraged from going to the prom anyway... besides, you getta dance with him now, right??

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

It's different though....


If you only knew how much I just wanted to go to my prom and dance with him!

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 11:43 PM'] It's different though....


If you only knew how much I just wanted to go to my prom and dance with him! [/quote]
and you didn't because.....?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Wasn't asked...had no money...single-parent raising five children. Had no money for proms or any dances.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='May 4 2004, 11:47 PM'] Wasn't asked...had no money...single-parent raising five children. Had no money for proms or any dances. [/quote]
:freak: You didn't got to your prom because you were a single mom raising five children??? Wow, the stuff I learn in these late night posts...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...