Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

So, What Ya Giving Up For Lent?


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1329791805' post='2390409']
I'm binging tomorrow on fast food :(
[/quote]

I'm doing the same thing. I did not eat healthy today. I decided to have McD's for lunch and some sweets. Tomorrow is "Fat Tuesday" so I'm celebrating! At least, that's my excuse. I just went out to the store today to buy a few things for Wednesday. I got some yogurt, tuna, a nectarine, and an Odwalla Banana Nut bar. I had a lot of difficult last year with the meat fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday so I'm planning to eat a lot of protein tomorrow so I don't crave it on Wednesday. ;)

Posted

I'm going to pray the Liturgy of the Hours for Lent. I'd give something up, but I already can't eat chocolate or ice cream because of dietary issues I have, and so I don't really want to give up anything else...

Posted

I'm going to give up being redundant






I may do it twice

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329794902' post='2390438']
Not to hijack the thread, but how do you go on all these retreats when you're so young? I'm fifteen and I've never even had the opportunity. I'm starting to think there's no such thing as a male retreat for discerning the Religious life!
[/quote]

Um... well the retreat was for girls 16 and up.... but since a few Sisters who used to be at our home were transferred to Queens, we were allowed to volunteer at the nursing home, and were included in parts of the retreat like Adoration and Mass on Sunday. Basically, I'm at our home here a lot, and they are thinking "vocations vocations vocations" so they drag me and "mysisterisalittlesister" along. I love Queens and the home in Denver and our home, when I walk in it feels like I am home to where I belong.


Therefore we were really volunteering,we were included in some retreat stuff, and the chapel in the home was a few steps away which is avvesome. :)

Posted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329795189' post='2390443']
I'm doing the same thing. I did not eat healthy today. I decided to have McD's for lunch and some sweets. Tomorrow is "Fat Tuesday" so I'm celebrating! At least, that's my excuse. I just went out to the store today to buy a few things for Wednesday. I got some yogurt, tuna, a nectarine, and an Odwalla Banana Nut bar. I had a lot of difficult last year with the meat fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday so I'm planning to eat a lot of protein tomorrow so I don't crave it on Wednesday. ;)
[/quote]

Oh that's sneaky! Sneaky but amesome! And yes, healthy eating is not for Monday and Mardi Gras! :)

rhetor4christ
Posted

Like many others here, I'm giving up chocolate and most processed sugars (cakes, cookies, etc.) I'm also going to drink more water (I never seem to be thirsty, so this will be a challenge for me). And I want my boyfriend and I to pray the rosary together more often. Something we've been working on for a few months now.

Posted

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1329828133' post='2390533']
Oh that's sneaky! Sneaky but amesome! And yes, healthy eating is not for Monday and Mardi Gras! :)
[/quote]

:hehe2:

Theresita Nerita
Posted

I'm giving up having a second drink in any one sitting.

Unfortunately, it just occurred to me that this will make having a third or fourth drink rather difficult.

brandelynmarie
Posted

Of course if you stand up & switch seats, you could have 2 drinks...in 2 different sittings. :hehe2:




I am dedicating this Lent to cleaning out all unnecessary items from my home. This should be interesting. :unsure:

Posted

We can put you on Hoarders!

Clare~Therese
Posted

I made a decision at last, I think.
My plan as of right now is to give up the internet for Lent, except on Sundays, and when it's necessary for schoolwork.
That should be...interesting.


:|

Posted

[quote name='Tony' timestamp='1329430249' post='2388118']
I thought about caffeine again but, that means I'd go through bottled water quicker, but that would mean I'd go through bottled water faster, whom Im already sharing with 3 other people, and I wouldn't want to inconvenience them, so. I have no clue what Im doing
[/quote]

I decided to cut pop (not all caffeine, just pop) and a couple other things. It shold be a good compromise

brandelynmarie
Posted

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1329867476' post='2390862']
We can put you on Hoarders!
[/quote]

Thanks Missy. :P

MissScripture
Posted

Cutting back on computer time and getting back to my usual morning prayer, and doing the consecration to Mary.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...