An Old School Catholic Message Board

Incest And Adam+Eve

Ice_nine

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1331079180' post='2397027']
Sorry about the typos above. Really gotta remember to check autocorrect
[/quote]
Okay so how do I get spell check to work on PC Firefox? It works on my daughters Apple mac.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1331066765' post='2396969']
Louie, the disciples did believe Jesus spoke literally when He told them they must eat His flesh in John 6. Many questioned how this could be, we're disgusted, and walked away. Dd Jesus call them back or correct their misunderstanding as He did when He was misunderstood about being born again? Nope. He kept using stringer language reaffirming what He said until they left. And then when they left, instead of calling them back, He asked those who stayed if they were also leaving. Sounds like He meant it literally. It's shocking, and amazing all at once.

I used to try arguing against Jesus being literal by bringing up the OT prohibition against consuming blood. When I finally looked at it completely, I was absolutely amazed. In the OT, they were forbidden to consume blood because it contained the life of the creature; Jesus then says if we don't consume His Blood, we will not have life. Wow! You can bet the Jews understood Him to be speaking literally then.

The reactions of the non-Christians towards the early Christians confirms the early Christian belief in the Real Presence, for they were condemned as cannibals. Obviously their persecutors didn't quite understand,but heard enough to know it wasn't just a symbolic meal.

God bless
[/quote]

Oops. Didn't realize you covered this.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1331080969' post='2397036']

Oops. Didn't realize you covered this.
[/quote]'salright :)

God bless

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Ice_nine' timestamp='1331081431' post='2397039']
I think we should all collectively stop trying. It's just sad at this point.
[/quote]
I JUST CAN'T STOP

Vincent Vega

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5fCw2eHKFk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5fCw2eHKFk[/url]

The letters were written to the churches...teaching and instructing them on how they should be...not the other way around. Also the old testament being already in exsistance was being revealed in the new testament writings...the new testament is a commentary to the old testament...it compliments it.

So are you all telling me that the disciples actually ate His flesh and drank His blood?

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331146532' post='2397287']
The letters were written to the churches...teaching and instructing them on how they should be...not the other way around. Also the old testament being already in exsistance was being revealed in the new testament writings...the new testament is a commentary to the old testament...it compliments it.

So are you all telling me that the disciples actually ate His flesh and drank His blood?
[/quote]

Yes, the ones that received the Eucharist.

cmotherofpirl

[/quote]

Yep, exactly as promised by Jesus Christ himself. Thats why early Christians were called cannibals. This has been the teaching of the Church, those people who put the New Testament together, have believed for 2000 years. To deny this is to deny Scripture.

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day."
- John 6,55

"For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed."
- John 6,56

"He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him."
- John 6,57

"The chalice of benediction, which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread, which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?"
- 1 Corinthians 10,16

"In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me."
- 1 Corinthians 11,25

"Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord."
- 1 Corinthians 11,27

"For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy."
- Apocalypse 16,6

guys, there's like a whole section in the defense directory about early church fathers, scriptures, and other references to the Real Presence of the Eucharist. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/links/category/9-holy-eucharist-communion/"]Link here[/url]

i know because i just put them there. :P

[/quote]Just out of curiosity, Louie, check out this link: [url="http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m5/lmbsp.html"]http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m5/lmbsp.html[/url] and tell me what you think. I'm obviously not a proponent of any religion, but I'm interested in your thoughts as an exercise in logic, based on your stated beliefs in the Bible, and Jesus being God.