An Old School Catholic Message Board

Incest And Adam+Eve

Ice_nine

"Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord." -- 1 Corinthians 11:27

Why this if not truly His Body?

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1331152128' post='2397332']
"Therefore [i][u][b]whosoever[/b][/u][/i]shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord." -- 1 Corinthians 11:27

Why this if not truly His Body?
[/quote]

Please note.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1331150582' post='2397324']
Just out of curiosity, Louie, check out this link: [url="http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m5/lmbsp.html"]http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~vgg/rc/aplgtc/hahn/m5/lmbsp.html[/url] and tell me what you think. I'm obviously not a proponent of any religion, but I'm interested in your thoughts as an exercise in logic, based on your stated beliefs in the Bible, and Jesus being God.
[/quote]

That was a good read...long but good...and it was right on point until the end when it brought in the Eucharist...some of the things i read didn't seem right and it was at the end...a red flag goes up when I hear things like...
*The real, true, personal presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist was then and is now a mystery of faith.
*That's what the Eucharist empowers us for.
*I am not here to condemn non-Catholics nor am I here to excuse Catholics from the task of going out and sharing the fullness of Christ which is our heritage and birthright. Oftentimes, non-Catholics love Christ more than we do. And so when we go forth and share with them the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist,...
*We're not trying to condemn non-Catholics. We're trying to show separated brothers and sisters of Christ where they can find the fullness of Christ, the Christ they love. He is present upon our altars. He is present in our tabernacles.
*They do so much more with so much less. We who have the Real Presence of Christ need to draw the grace and the power and go out and live out a faith that is contagious. We need to become contagious Catholics. We need to see that in the Holy Eucharist we are being re- evangelized. We are being called to a new commitment. We are being called to give up our lives to Christ and to receive the life he gave up for us.

It sounds like we as "bible Christians" don't have the real presence of Jesus and its clearly stated that we are separated brothers and sisters of Christ that don't have the fullness of Christ. That is so condemning yet he says he is not doing so with statements like we "bible Christians" are doing so much more with so much less. Wow...but it make me assured that what I have is enough...I have Jesus and His Holy Spirit living in and through me thus being the reason for me/us "bible christians" doing so much more...one should think maybe we have something he is lacking and not us lacking something he has...and it's obvious by statements like this there is something lacking on his end. 
-Oftentimes, non-Catholics love Christ more than we do.-
-They do so much more with so much less-
Sounds like we bible Christians are doing things right with what we got...why try and fix what is not broken?

The Passover read was very good and I enjoyed it...thanks

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331168785' post='2397470']

It sounds like we as "bible Christians" don't have the real presence of Jesus and its clearly stated that we are separated brothers and sisters of Christ that don't have the fullness of Christ. That is so condemning yet he says he is not doing so with statements like we "bible Christians" are doing so much more with so much less. Wow...but it make me assured that what I have is enough...I have Jesus and His Holy Spirit living in and through me thus being the reason for me/us "bible christians" doing so much more...one should think maybe we have something he is lacking and not us lacking something he has...and it's obvious by statements like this there is something lacking on his end.

[/quote]

You don't have the full presence of Jesus because you don't receive Him in Holy Communion with Him as HE commanded in His Scriptures. That is not a condemnation but honesty. Your faith is not lacking in Jesus, but your union with Him is.

Archaeology cat

Louie, it's like the story of Apollos in Acts. He had a great love for God and was preaching forcefully. His faith was beautiful. But, he didn't quite have all the info. So Priscilla and Aquila didn't let him persist in his lack of knowledge/misunderstandings, but took him aside and corrected him charitably. My grandfather wasn't Catholic. He hada beautiful faith. Had I beenCatholic when he was living, I hope I would've talked to him about it. It would then have been up to him to embrace it or not, for I can't change anyone, only God can.

God bless

My lacking of the fullness of Christ is an opinion based on your catholic beliefs...as for partaking of communion...this I do...in remembrance of the One who died for me...I do this as often as I see the need...not for empowerment but to reflect on it...I receive empowerment by the Holy Spirit...Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...to say I am lacking union with Him is an insult and wrong...that's not honesty that's ignorance...be mindful of the things you say...you cannot and should not make a judgement like that not knowing me and my personal relationship with Jesus. 

I want to say to any of you who question my salvation or relationship with Christ, being a Christian outside the catholic church...don't be surprised as the Jews were when salvation was given unto the Gentiles.

As for the reference to Apollos in Acts...This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John...that thought might be one you would want to take into consideration...knowing only the teachings and traditions of the catholic church.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1331174182' post='2397534']
[size=6]HOW IS THIS STILL GOING ON!?[/size]
[/quote]
Why do you care...you have the right to remove yourself from this thread don't you?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331176348' post='2397560']
My lacking of the fullness of Christ is an opinion based on your catholic beliefs...as for partaking of communion...this I do...in remembrance of the One who died for me...I do this as often as I see the need...not for empowerment but to reflect on it...I receive empowerment by the Holy Spirit...Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...to say I am lacking union with Him is an insult and wrong...that's not honesty that's ignorance...be mindful of the things you say...you cannot and should not make a judgement like that not knowing me and my personal relationship with Jesus.

I want to say to any of you who question my salvation or relationship with Christ, being a Christian outside the catholic church...don't be surprised as the Jews were when salvation was given unto the Gentiles.

As for the reference to Apollos in Acts...This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John...that thought might be one you would want to take into consideration...knowing only the teachings and traditions of the catholic church.
[/quote]
AS I pointed out I didn't question your faith, only that your union could have more, just as Jesus promised -- the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, as pointed out in Scripture.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1331176836' post='2397567']

AS I pointed out I didn't question your faith, only that your union could have more, just as Jesus promised -- the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, as pointed out in Scripture.
[/quote]

My faith and trust in Him is my union with Him

Louie,
Thanks for you taking the time to read that and be open. Scott Hahn, who wrote this article, is a Christian Theologist who was a Bible Only Christian before he converted. I thought you would appreciate much of his perspective as he originally approaches it from a perspective that I would guess is close to yours.
I used to profess to being a Christian, but that's another story and irrelevant to my curiosity about what your thoughts would be. I'm exploring questions I have regarding the various conclusions that Christians have regarding certain beliefs. You obviously have great faith and commitment to Christianity and belief that Jesus is God.
What do you think about Scott's analysis of the Seder Ritual/Passover Lamb sacrifice that lead him to conclude that Jesus' words at the Last Supper demonstrate that Jesus has effectively become the sacrificial lamb that is eaten at the Seder according to Jewish Tradition and what's written in the Bible?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331176492' post='2397562']
Why do you care...you have the right to remove yourself from this thread don't you?
[/quote]
Honey, I have the right to remove [i]yourself [/i]from this thread.

*In Fluttershy voice*

Um, can we all just...[size=2]be nice and...maybe..[/size].[size=1]not so...grumpy....please? o.o[/size]

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1331179282' post='2397587']
*In Fluttershy voice*

Um, can we all just...[size=2]be nice and...maybe..[/size].[size=1]not so...grumpy....please? o.o[/size]
[/quote]
My thought too, Peace be with everyone. Especially with you sweet one.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331176348' post='2397560']
[/quote]
Here's the full passage:       24Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures. 25This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; 26and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. 27And when he wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him; and when he had arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace, 28for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

So he spoke accurately - about what he knew. He obviously didn't have the full knowledge since he didn't know of the Trinitarian baptism, and since they "explained to him the way of God more accurately". Using my grandfather as an example again, he could explain accurately what he knew, but that doesn't mean he had the full knowledge and might not need further explanation of things. We believe the full truth is in the Church, but that doesn't mean there aren't others like Apollos, too. I do not say any of this to be insulting or condescending, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

May God bless you