i<3LSOP Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 I don't like hot dogs anymore. When I was little, that is the food that I lived on but now... bring me the steak!
homeschoolmom Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 Boiled hot dogs remind me of school lunch. and not in a good way....
i<3LSOP Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1331213236' post='2397687'] Boiled hot dogs remind me of school lunch. and not in a good way.... [/quote] Ugh. Same here... that awful awful awful awful food.
Chrysophylax Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 I usually only eat them when I baby sit. And then only because I have no choice. It seems to be one of the only dinners baby-sitters are expected to know how to do: hot dogs and mac-N-coagulated milk.
Lil'Monster Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 I am not a picky eater so I will eat hot dogs when it is boiled, grilled, chopped into pieces, etc.... I don't care if you call me gross.....I usually gross out people anyways...especially putting chocolate syrup on my cereal I never ate hot dogs with chocolate syrup on top of it......that gives me an idea
Groo the Wanderer Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 chocolate syrup + mac & coagulated milk = numminess
Norseman82 Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 I had an uncle who put ketchup in his chicken soup...
elizabeth09 Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 That is new to me. I might try them that way one day.
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 I've just gotta give a shout out to boiled edamame.
i<3LSOP Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 It is fish Friday. Whoever eats hot dogs will have a lightning bolt strike them. Joking.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1331212029' post='2397682'] I didn't know there was any other way to eat a hot dog than to boil it up.[b] Maybe it's a northeast thing[/b]. [/quote] I don't think so. Everyone I know generally grilled them, alongside hamburgers. Boiling was only done in the dead of winter if you didn't feel like freezing over the grill, using the broiler, or microwave.
Selah Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 We had a grill we could have used. But we always boiled ours. ick. lol.
Era Might Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1331317842' post='2398297'] I don't think so. Everyone I know generally grilled them, alongside hamburgers. Boiling was only done in the dead of winter if you didn't feel like freezing over the grill, using the broiler, or microwave. [/quote] Weird. Microwave boiling is definitely gross, I never did that. We did fry them once in a while for a little variety, but pretty much the standard way was to put some water on the stove and boil them, unless you were at a BBQ (which doesn't happen very often in the Northeast). I can't even imagine putting a hot dog in the oven.
i<3LSOP Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1331319798' post='2398310'] [color=#282828]unless you were at a BBQ (which doesn't happen very often in the Northeast)[/color] [/quote] Hahaha! Sooo true! I'm in a northeastern state (NY) in the northeast part of it (seriously) and we rarely have BBQs because it is too cold or it is raining!
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 I grew up in NY, too, and we used our grill all the time... you people are weird.
i<3LSOP Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1331322702' post='2398321'] I grew up in NY, too, and we used our grill all the time... you people are weird. [/quote] Well yeah we use ours all the time too! When it is pouring rain or snowing or sunny but a BBQ is when a bunch of people get together and usually we would have to eat inside because of the weather. It worked sometimes though.
Era Might Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1331323378' post='2398331'] Well yeah we use ours all the time too! When it is pouring rain or snowing or sunny but a BBQ is when a bunch of people get together and usually we would have to eat inside because of the weather. It worked sometimes though. [/quote] The only time we ever used a BBQ was when you "went to a BBQ" ie, someone had a summer party. We never even owned a BBQ when I was a kid. I love BBQ chicken though...wish I could BBQ all the time.
Era Might Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 btw, New York is not really Northeast, more like mid-atlantic.
BigJon16 Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1331322702' post='2398321'] I grew up in NY, too, and we used our grill all the time... you people are weird. [/quote] Them north country folk are strange ones, for sure. [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530111846/reddeadredemption/images/0/08/099_strange_people.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now