An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers, Please

Deus te Amat

MissScripture

Wow! I would've gone nuts! Maybe this 7 week thing is part of the eval. "Hmm, let's see how the patient reacts to this stressful situation." :P Prayers that it all gets worked out soon! That is majorly frustrating!

BarbTherese

Your psyche evaluation is in my intentions. I hope you hear soon and that your outstanding patience will be rewarded.

DtA Hang in there -- God knows the plan better than anyone of us. Just focus on this Easter season ... and His glorious resurrection :)

Aleluya :)

HopefulBride

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1334119831' post='2415653']
Nothing today. :)
[/quote]

Maybe today will be the day

My friend is working on scheduling her psych eval... you're not alone in the stress :)
St. Dymphna, pray for us!

Edited by Lisa

dominicansoul

DtA, is this person a part of the BBB??

Sheesh, if I were you I'd go knocking on her office door...

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334077374' post='2415386']
Wow! I would've gone nuts! [/quote]

That would defeat both the purpose AND the findings of the original psych eval, wouldn't it?

[size=2]You'd have to take another psych eval, only to find out you were nuts!... Which you already knew![/size]

DeusTeAmat,

I've gone thru 2 of those, and the waiting is the worst. And this is WAY too long a wait.

You're in a funny place... you don't want to pi## this person off... (they're writing your evaluation, after all!) but you need this.

I wonder if the Community might be able to apply a bit of pressure.

The community has a little more leverage, and frankly, they are being inconvenienced, too.

This is NOT OK for someone in this position to be doing (and I say this as a counselor).

If the community can't get a response, it's time to think about next steps.

It would be appropriate for them to hint that 1) this evaluator won't get any more business from the Community if this doesn't stop.... and 2) someone at the appropriate professional licensure agency might get contacted if it continues...

The latter is BIG STUFF... can mean a public censure, and people in this field don't want that to happen.

I'm all for motivating people in positive ways... but sometimes a little 'threat of reinforcement' goes a long way....

My 2 cents.... and a slew of prayers to accompany them....

Edited by AnneLine

Deus te Amat

Well, her voicemail says she is out of the office, all calls will be returned when she returns to the office, and if it is an emergency, to hang up and call 911. It hasn't changed since she went on vacation. She doesn't have a receptionist, and equally hasn't responded to my emails. I think she is legitimately on vacation, for whatever reason.

I'm not really sure what else to do but wait. She does the evals for the diocese, so I might call over there after I hear back from her. But she did tell me she would be gone, just conveniently left out the time.

Amazing.

If I did something like that, I'd have the counseling equivalent of not able to sit down for a week handed to me....

I still think I'd wait another week and then ask the Sisters how they want to handle it.

Sad for you....