An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers, Please

Deus te Amat

Maybe she thinks you would make a good priest?

Or you will end up becoming an evaluator of future Sisters so this won't happen to someone else? (hmmmm wonder what made AnneLine think about this,...,. could it be she has some psych evaluator horror stories????)!!!!

Or perhaps some poor seminarian wanna be will be surprised to find out he'd make a fantastic Dominican (sister) - and wiil consider going into the friars!

God has been know to put funny twists to vocation stories....

Edited by AnneLine

Wish I could help you. I'm probably not legally allowed to do the assessments they want you to have.

But, if you can take one from someone in California, I might be able to find you somebody....

It really is a bit of a racket, isn't it? A friend of mine just had one for the Franciscan Friars... but THEY paid. For some reason, the women have to pay for their own. Doesn't seem fair....

I wonder if there might be a college or some such place that would ADMINISTER them for free so all you would need would be someone to do the actual interview and read the assessments.... might lower the cost. Might be worth asking the Sisters if they have any ideas about this... I bet you aren't alone....

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1334274989' post='2416764']
If anything, it's making me dig in my heels. :hehe:

Do you do psych evals? Wanna do one pro-bono?
[/quote]

Just remember that this time of trial is a time of purification for your vocation. The devil isn't going to let it be all easy breezy on the way to give your life to God!

MissScripture

With my sister the waiting was in the getting it set up. Took her FOREVER to be able to get that figured out. She was on the verge of setting one up where I lived, because another Sister had hers done there. The day before she was going to call to set it up there, the other place got back to her and got her in within a few days!

franciscanheart

I still think stalking is a good option. Is this why the Sisters don't think I'll "be a good fit"? :unsure:

Maybe she went on something like a 30 day retreat?

Or perhaps there is some serious illness in her familY?

I mean, we're presuming the worst... maybe there is some valid reason for this.... and certainly it is part of God's plan for you. If the Sisters know what is going on and understand the situation, my be it will all work out. And if God wants you to wait an extra year, He must have His reasons, right?

So, let's go back to making the devil's life miserable, ok? That way, no matter what happens, we won't have any reason to feel we wasted our time..... but I hope it all works out for you to go in, DeusTeAmat.

Have you ever told us which community (or do you want to keep that private?)

Deus te Amat

Yup. I called her partner. He called me back in two hours.

I left her another message. Sigh.

MissScripture

Btw, I don't remember if I told you, but my parents are praying for ya, too. My mom remembers the frustration of trying to get my sister's psych eval set up. She feels for you.

HopefulBride

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1334624880' post='2419065']
So... Apparently she's been back at work for a couple weeks. :unsure:
[/quote]

She's been back for two weeks? What's her excuse? Oh no, I'd be calling her.

I can't come up with any reason for this kind of behavior from a healthcare professional. :lame:

If we had negative props for third parties, I'd blow my quiver on her right abou tnow.... :getaclue:

Let's all redouble our prayers for her to get this done so it doesn't escallate any further. :nun3:

Let's pray... and then have a plan to transform the situation if needed. :knight:

If she still hasn't contacted you by Friday, I think it is time to call the partner again and ask him what ideas he has for you;

I'd impress on him that while you aren't trying to be difficult, you need to know if there is some reason she will not be producing this report ASAP as you will not be able to enter the community if they don't have an evaluation from SOMEONE in a reasonable amount of time.... so this needs ot be dealt with. Remind him how long you have been waiting, and what you have done thus far to contact her. Be kind, honest, and FIRM.

Let him know you understand that somethings things do happen. If for some reason she isn't able to prepare the report, can she pay for someone else to do the evaluation... might HE be available to do the evaluation? Can you get your $$$ back so YOU can afford to get the evaluation done by a different professional (or can she pay him if he does it)?

My guess is that he will recognize from those words that this is VERY serious stuff that could get a formal complaint lodged against her by either you or the Sisters. After all, this is fraud. She's taken $$$ and not produced a product.

I grant that you probably don't want to file a formal complaint, but perhaps he can impress on her that she can't keep doing this. If she is doing this to you, most likely she is doing it to others. If you don't file the complaint, someone else will.... it is a matter of time. It is not charity to NOT call her on this.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. A friend of mine is being evaluated for the Franciscan friars, and they are paying for his.... and gave him a place to stay while it was being done (as it was in a different city). I don't know why it is so much harder for women to get these evals done.... we have to pay for them, and we have to put up with silliness like this. Humph!

Prayers for you, DeusTeAmat, and prayers for her.

Edited by AnneLine

franciscanheart

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1334624880' post='2419065']
So... Apparently she's been back at work for a couple weeks. :unsure:
[/quote]
:| Are you seriously surprised?

Should have come to Mass. :|