An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Old Were You/ Will You Be?

Annie12

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1334535176' post='2418364']
entered at 30, then again at 32...

...hopefully, I'll get to heaven at 80 or so...
[/quote]

YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO DIE!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

EDIT emote fail

Edited by vee8

Lil'Monster

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1334542825' post='2418469']
YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO DIE!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

EDIT emote fail
[/quote]

You would say that "fail" when ds dies.. :sad:

Edited by Lil'Monster

PhuturePriest

Wow, everyone here is in their twenties and thirties. I suddenly feel insignificant, as if I am surrounded by people with those strange things called "Life experiences"...

I think that 20- and 30-somethings are very young, actually. Heck, my youngest child is 28! It somewhat surprises me how many older vocations are on this forum, although I happen to think that someone who has lived a full life and comes to the conclusion that he/she has a vocation, it is liable to be a stronger and more stable one.

It also seems to me that there is some confusion in defining terms, and i agree with the SD who said that having extensive debts, etc should be regarded as a trial rather than evidence of lack of a true vocation. There's no real connection, just as ther isn't any real connection between chronological age and seeking after God. There is, IMHO, a definite connection between emotional MATURITY and discernment, and maturity is usually linked to "life experience". Everyone "pays some dues in life" if he is to emerge from childhood.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1334536523' post='2418396']
What CM said. I've completely given up on trying to plan my entrance into Religious Life.
[/quote]

Oh no, don t say so!!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334553862' post='2418549']
Wow, everyone here is in their twenties and thirties. I suddenly feel insignificant, as if I am surrounded by people with those strange things called "Life experiences"...
[/quote]

You haven t to worry because every person has his single story. God can call at any age so this is not a proble: I think it is beautiful when there are very young vocations!

HopefulBride

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1334596046' post='2418742']
Oh no, don t say so!!
[/quote]

Not to say that I've given up (although I must admit sometimes I look at my debt and think Lord it will be three years at least before I can enter!!) I'm just realizing that as much as I may plan to enter this year, if it is the Lord's will that I wait another year then that is what it will be. As I wait, I just try to discern His will for me. I know that today he is continuing to call me to religious life, will this be the case tomorrow? I don't know, will this be the case next year? I don't know. All I know is I truly want to do His will for me and I want to surrender to Him.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1334598890' post='2418768']
Not to say that I've given up (although I must admit sometimes I look at my debt and think Lord it will be three years at least before I can enter!!) I'm just realizing that as much as I may plan to enter this year, if it is the Lord's will that I wait another year then that is what it will be. As I wait, I just try to discern His will for me. I know that today he is continuing to call me to religious life, will this be the case tomorrow? I don't know, will this be the case next year? I don't know. All I know is I truly want to do His will for me and I want to surrender to Him.
[/quote]

I know how you feel. I sometimes think "If only the words to the Our Father were "My will be done". Boy would things change for me. High school education? Don't worry your silly little head about that. Wait until you're eighteen? Are you nuts? Come and join now. Unfortunately, life is not perfect and we must make do with what we're given. It may not seem like we were given much at times, but we don't need to be given much, we need to be given enough, and God always grants us enough.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334599469' post='2418775']
It may not seem like we were given much at times, but we don't need to be given much, we need to be given enough, and God always grants us enough.
[/quote]

I don't know what pocket of your subconscious [i]that[/i] popped out from, but YES. If we only learn one thing, let it be this.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1334603015' post='2418840']
I don't know what pocket of your subconscious [i]that[/i] popped out from, but YES. If we only learn one thing, let it be this.
[/quote]

See, when you get past controversial issues like cohabitation, I can scare you with some good advice. :P