An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

I don't think I ever played moustrap the way you were supposed to.

Max, did you click on the link in that post?... I can't just drop the whole link on Phamass, but that is EXACTLY what they said most kids did with it..... they just enjoyed setting it up and springing the trap!

http://magisterrex.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/the-best-classic-board-games-mouse-trap/

Edited by AnneLine

Max, did you click on the link in that post?... I can't just drop the whole link on Phamass, but that is EXACTLY what they said most kids did with it..... they just enjoyed setting it up and springing the trap!

Ha, that link had a thumbnail link to retro games, one of them being Zork.

Zork was one of the first computer role playing games. It was all text. You can actually still play it.
But I new nothing about that game until way later, my first exposure to Zork was the book series, which were like the Choose Your Own Adventure books I discovered years later.

D&D also had choose your own adventure books in the 80s.

As long as I'm in literature, I grew up with Richard Scarry and one of my favorite book series was the Prydain Chronicles. Disney made a cartoon based on them called the Black Cauldron... not exactly true to the books, but you know how that is. Edited by Maximilianus

homeschoolmom

05_01_11_doritos2.jpg?fileId=12013665

A few weeks ago, I was at Target in the grocery section and THEY HAD THOSE! They also had Sour Cream and Onion (which I bought). This package must be part of that because there's no way anyone would pay $4 for Doritos back in the 80s. YUMMY!!!!

319769_462316043830242_1304690619_n.jpg

wildlife-treasury.jpg

There is a box of those on the shelf right behind me. :|

A few weeks ago, I was at Target in the grocery section and THEY HAD THOSE! They also had Sour Cream and Onion (which I bought). This package must be part of that because there's no way anyone would pay $4 for Doritos back in the 80s. YUMMY!!!!

There is a box of those on the shelf right behind me. :|

I love the taco flavored. I have found memories with 2 of my brothers playing pinball, eating doritos, mallow cups and coke-cola down at the 7-11.  Back in the day when you could actually win a free game on the pinball machine.

You know there is a Catholic saints version of the wild life treasury. I did it for a while, then stopped. Now that I have children, I wish I didn't stop. I am sure they are still in business.

homeschoolmom

Why am I not surprised.  Where they mixed in with some pet rocks?

They were properly stored with the 45s. We're not complete slobs. ;)

But why did they make 45s with a bigger hole anyway? Why not make all of them with the same sized hole?

We found my brother's incense paraphernalia.

They were properly stored with the 45s. We're not complete slobs. ;)

But why did they make 45s with a bigger hole anyway? Why not make all of them with the same sized hole?

We found my brother's incense paraphernalia.

I think 45s were made for jukeboxes, not for personal/home use.