An Old School Catholic Message Board

Succession Of Lies

reyb

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334763261' post='2420199']
But one thing you never use and try your faith (just like your early fathers). You never use you faith to see Christ himself in the same way Apostle Paul and all witnesses saw Him. if you really have faith as precious as theirs why you failed to see Him in the same way all these witnesses saw Him?
[/quote]

Just what way is that exactly?

reyb,

You do know people are not born believers in Christ and then all of a sudden ZAPPO they believe in Christ....right?

cmotherofpirl

[color=#282828]God does not condemn those who earnestly seek His face, so I hope that although[b][u] we totally disagree on this and always will,[/u][/b] that we both find He who calls our name.[/color]

[color=#282828]We follow Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, Second Person of The Holy Trinity, who founded the Catholic Church more than 2000 years ago. [/color][color=#282828]That is not going to change. We do not follow false prophets.[/color]

[color=#282828]Peace be with you.[/color]

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334729278' post='2420068']
Yes, it is correct but you must honestly do it. Now, If your conviction is true to your heart, can you now destroy all barriers between you and your brothers? Can you now give up all sacraments and teachings about apostolic succession and other catholic claims and doctrines so that you will become one your brother protestants?
[/quote]

Mark 6:11: [color=#001320][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]"Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#001320][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]We've got the dUSt. You might want to start shaking your soles. [/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1334811866' post='2420505']
Mark 6:11: [color=#001320][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]"Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#001320][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]We've got the dUSt. You might want to start shaking your soles. [/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Not yet. Because I still trust you. If I see you intentionally denying the truth then without doubt I will do it. Not yet today. I know you have with you the dUST but I have with me the GUTS that one day you will understand me. Till then brother.

cmotherofpirl

Understanding your opinion is not the same as agreeing with you. WE do understand , we simply disagree with your private interpretations.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334726927' post='2420058']
My intention in posting this letter is to inform all Christians especially deeply devoted Catholics like priest and bishops that you are in the wrong side of the fence and looking at the opposite direction to see Christ. Whether you believe me or not, or whatever you might think of me, is not my concern anymore. Since I am very tired of committing sins against my God for not doing things I know I must do. I am now discharging my responsibilities to you and I do not want to be blamed by anyone not even by me for being apathetic and unmoved towards you. I am not lying. God is my witness. When you closed your eyes. You will be restless forever if you do not learn to seek him now since his judgment has already been given when He said, ‘So I declared on oath [b]in[/b] [b]my[/b] [b]anger[/b], ‘They shall never enter [b]my[/b] rest.’. Your offerings are to demons because you let yourself be deceived rather than to seek and find Him. After you hear me, your doings are no longer unintentional and having any excuses in front of the Judgment seat of God.

Not too long ago, the writer of Second Thessalonians warn his listeners - including you - from a teaching supposedly comes from them in a form of prophecies, letters or word of mouth saying that the Christ has already come. This teaching, which you now wholeheartedly accepted, is the one you called ‘orally transmitted tradition’ of the early Catholics using the Book of Luke as one of their sources. They warned you not to accept it because it will lead you to lies and deception.

Early Catholics (and even today) erroneously understood Luke. They thought he is informing the world that the prophesied Christ has already come. Luke is not and was not declaring the fulfillment of Jewish prophesies about the coming of Christ because the Jewish prophesies about this coming is an erroneous interpretation to the book of Moses. Luke’s testimony is not a historical reality or true to life story and therefore all key figures in that story like Jesus, Mary and Peter do not exist in our world or physical realities. The Book of Luke is just a story. He makes a story about the mystery of the Coming of Christ in a form of reality. He gives it to us so that we will seek and find Christ in heavens although the seeker is still here on earth. That is the Christ he saw and all witnesses have seen from the beginning of time.

1. This orally transmitted tradition is a lie from the very beginning.
[/quote]

I may be wrong but i think our translation of the holy word may say words along this line, "some will come and say the resurection has already occured." Not jesus' resurection but the final judgement and the resurection of all souls. PAX I haven't got my catholic translation only my good news pocket bible which i keep in my dilly bag coz is kinda hard walking around with a big bible, <prays> may there be a catholic approved pocket edition.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334729278' post='2420068']
Yes, it is correct but you must honestly do it. Now, If your conviction is true to your heart, can you now destroy all barriers between you and your brothers? Can you now give up all sacraments and teachings about apostolic succession and other catholic claims and doctrines so that you will become one your brother protestants?
[/quote]

Reyb, on what authority do you tell us to abandon a 2000 year old theological tradition? I ask because from your posts, it seems to be based on your own private interpretation of scriptures. Who is to say that my personal interpretation of scriptures is inferior to yours? Especially because my interpretation is informed not only by current biblical scholarship, but a tradition dating back to the early Church Fathers, who were two or three degrees away from the apostles themselves. I can't help but feel that I (along with my Catholic brothers and sisters) have a bit of an upper hand here, bro.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I just read the remainder of what you wrote, than you are perhaps jewish than and not christian. So possibly the twin towers where the tower of babble and the great flood is yet to occur, what do you say of these two things which where possibly originally oral tradition ?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334728759' post='2420067']
God does not condemn those who earnestly seek His face, so I hope that although we totally disagree on this and always will, that we both find He who calls our name.
[/quote]

i love you this much ---||--- , your simple loving response brings me great joy, alleluia

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334755882' post='2420158']
It is written in 2 Thess 2:15
[indent=1]5 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.[/indent]

Now, the question is this.
What are these teachings?

If these teachings is to believe, stand firm and hold on to your faith regarding the ‘the realization of the coming of the Christ’. Why then he mentioned in 2 Thess 2:1-4 (previous to that instructions) the following statement:
[indent=1]
Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.[/indent]

Again my argument is this: Why the writer will warn you against some preachers saying ‘Jesus Christ has already come’ if he is truly referring to become strong in it?
[/quote]

The second coming has not occured, st paul is correct

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334841758' post='2420575']
Understanding your opinion is not the same as agreeing with you. WE do understand , we simply disagree with your private interpretations.
[/quote]

....and what I am trying to say? (so that I can have my peace)

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1334843149' post='2420585']
The second coming has not occured, st paul is correct
[/quote]

This is the usual interpretation of today's teachers to satisfy their belief about the historical realization of the coming of Christ and thus, they do not seek Christ anymore. They simply believe and accept the truthfulness of the historical Jesus and his coming and then they thought they are now in a safer ground.

All of us are believers and being as such we all wanting to believe the truth and not lies. All of us has one desire and that is, to live in the light of God and be with Him forever. This is the very reason why I said, I still trust you and because of this same reason, I am telling you (all of you). Seek Him because I know you can find Him.

Question1: Where is the word 'second coming' (or whatever term with the same message) in that particular verse?

Question2: Do you think these false teachers are preaching about the 'second coming' using the book of Luke?

Question3: If that 'coming' is about ‘second coming’. Do you think it is still necessary for Apostle Paul to warn you even up to this time?

Edited by reyb

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1334879068' post='2420956']
Since you are the false teacher and you seem to be using the answer would be yes.
[/quote]

If you want to teach us, please teach us properly. Can you please tell us where is the word ‘second coming’ in that verse?