An Old School Catholic Message Board

Succession Of Lies

reyb

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335253169' post='2422526']
Okay, What do I teach you? please tell me?
[/quote]
You are teaching me to not follow Jesus Christ. And by God's grace, I ain't buying it.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335261626' post='2422535']
Anyone who preached about Christ without seeing Him is basically a false teacher.
[/quote]
How did you deduce that?

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335261626' post='2422535']
Anyone who preached about Christ without seeing Him is basically a false teacher.
[/quote]

There were no eyewitnesses to the Creation either, so in your flammable logic, it never happened. I guess that makes you a figment of your own imagination.

(yes i borrowed this heavily from luigi)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

hey reyb, are you a part of any group or religious denomination, are you allowed to reveal your group or religious denomination, including 7th day adventest,church of jesus christ and the latter day saints,scientology,free masons and jehovas witnesses ?

oh and pagan or wiccan ?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

oh and also i love you anyway even whether or not your one of the above mentioned, i wan't to be your friend, in that i desire to understand where your coming from. :)

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

am just going through all the posts, i have heard the whale in the jonah story may have been aviking boat,supposedly they armed,decorated or patially built there earliest ships with whale bones. But there is a another take on it is that because a whale lives under water is that he became and alcoholic for some period of time maybe 3 days,3 weeks,3 years or 30 years,i don't know. But than i have heard a story about a man in eden australia whom was was a whaler and he was swallowed by a whale and it took 14 hours for the whalers to chase the whale and capture it and they cut it open and he was alive,unsure how that works though. Are you jewish than possibly or agnostic(one whom is searching for truth and doesn't discount the possibility of
God? :)

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334726927' post='2420058']
My intention in posting this letter is to inform all Christians especially deeply devoted Catholics like priest and bishops that you are in the wrong side of the fence and looking at the opposite direction to see Christ..................[/quote]

[b]Well, that is certainly a pathetic post. Here are the facts, courtesy of "Catholic Answers":[/b]

[color=#0000CD][b]FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH[/b]

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.

[b]The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)[/b]
Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church. His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).

[b]The Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)[/b]
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).

[b]The Church Is Catholic (Matt. 28:19–20, Rev. 5:9–10, CCC 830–856)[/b]
Jesus’ Church is called catholic ("universal" in Greek) because it is his gift to all people. He told his apostles to go throughout the world and make disciples of "all nations" (Matt. 28:19–20). For 2,000 years the Catholic Church has carried out this mission, preaching the good news that Christ died for all men and that he wants all of us to be members of his universal family (Gal. 3:28). Nowadays the Catholic Church is found in every country of the world and is still sending out missionaries to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19). The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it went all the way back to the time of the apostles.

[b]The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20, CCC 857–865)[/b]
The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2). These beliefs include the bodily Resurrection of Jesus, the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the sacrificial nature of the Mass, the forgiveness of sins through a priest, baptismal regeneration, the existence of purgatory, Mary’s special role, and much more —even the doctrine of apostolic succession itself. Early Christian writings prove the first Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice and looked to the successors of the apostles as their leaders. What these first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim.

[b]Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth[/b]

Man’s ingenuity cannot account for this. The Church has remained one, holy, catholic, and apostolic—not through man’s effort, but because God preserves the Church he established (Matt. 16:18, 28:20). He guided the Israelites on their escape from Egypt by giving them a pillar of fire to light their way across the dark wilderness (Exod. 13:21). Today he guides us through his Catholic Church. The Bible, sacred Tradition, and the writings of the earliest Christians testify that the Church teaches with Jesus’ authority. In this age of countless competing religions, each clamoring for attention, one voice rises above the din: the Catholic Church, which the Bible calls "the pillar and foundation of truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). Jesus assured the apostles and their successors, the popes and the bishops, "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth (John 16:12–13). We can have confidence that his Church teaches only the truth.[/color]

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[color=#0000CD][b]he Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)[/b]
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).[/color]

[color=#0000CD]I don't get this bit here about John 6:70 , the comment leads us to believe there are some bad and some holy. I just read it and it says "one of you is a devil[/color]" He was talking about Judas whom would betray him. That must be a great minority which is 1/12 if indeed he is giving a spiritual about the church as a whole. And anyway is this catholic answer diddy a matter of faith and morals stamped by the holy spirit through a pope with the grace of god ?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

and your breaking my heart calling people pathetic man, even if the whole catholic answer diddy is 100% authentic straight and direct with full effect from the holy spirit to a presiding pope, if you knew church doctrine than you would also know that sin is not present without full knowledge that something is a sin,and would not be so quick to address anyone as pathetic,block head,idiot and such names. Jesus' states to not call anyone idiot or block head' i assume even if the person is and i'm not saying you are reyb.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269125' post='2422579']
[color=#0000CD][b]he Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)[/b]
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).[/color]

I don't get this bit here about John 6:70 , the comment leads us to believe there are some bad and some holy. I just read it and it says "one of you is a devil" He was talking about Judas whom would betray him. That must be a great minority which is 1/12 if indeed he is giving a spiritual about the church as a whole. And anyway is this catholic answer diddy a matter of faith and morals stamped by the holy spirit through a pope with the grace of god ?
[/quote]

Well, first, regarding the conclusion: There there [b]are[/b] tares among the wheat in the Church, which will be removed at the end of time. The Bible is clear on that, so what Catholic Answers says is correct.

Now, as for why Catholic Answers chose to use that particular verse to make their point: These are twelve men that were "chosen" by Christ. It shows that even among Christ's chosen, evil can appear. I suppose they could have found a better verse to illustrate their point: You might want to email them and ask why they chose this one.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269344' post='2422583']
and your breaking my heart calling people pathetic man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[/quote]
I said the post is pathetic. I did not call the poster pathetic.
Please do not falsely accuse me. THAT breaks MY heart... ...man

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

so are we saying there is weeds and wheat in sacred tradition, and is this why it is called sacred tradition and not holy tradition,but the bible and sacrements get the title holy ?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335269661' post='2422588']
I said the post is pathetic. I did not call the poster pathetic.
Please do not falsely accuse me. THAT breaks MY heart... ...man
[/quote]

It was a person whom posted it from there heart and mind. I'm not going to argue about it.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269742' post='2422589']
so are we saying there is weeds and wheat in sacred tradition, and is this why it is called sacred tradition and not holy tradition,but the bible and sacrements get the title holy ?
[/quote]

No, not at all. It is talking about "people". Thats what the Bible is talking about when it says "tares and wheat", bad people and good people.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1334726927' post='2420058']My intention in posting this letter is to inform all Christians especially deeply devoted Catholics like priest and bishops that you are in the wrong side of the fence and looking at the opposite direction to see Christ..............[/quote][quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335267834' post='2422574']Well, that is certainly a pathetic post...............[/quote][quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269344' post='2422583']and your breaking my heart calling people pathetic man.................[/quote][quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335269661' post='2422588']I said the post is pathetic. I did not call the poster pathetic.
Please do not falsely accuse me. THAT breaks MY heart... ...man[/quote][quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269804' post='2422590']It was a person whom posted it from there heart and mind. I'm not going to argue about it.[/quote]

Good, because you were wrong. I am a Catholic, and when anyone posts that the Catholic Church is the wrong place to be, I call such a post pathetic with no regrets.

Edited by CaliforniaCatholic