An Old School Catholic Message Board

Succession Of Lies

reyb

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335319126' post='2423018']
Before we discuss about ‘four marks of your Church’. Is it not proper to discuss whether your Jesus ( the one I called historical Jesus) is for real or not? Please read our previous discussions and then get involved in the discussion. I have other topic titled ‘One True Church’.
[/quote]

My Jesus?

There is one Jesus.
There is one Church.
A Catholic would know that.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1334842817' post='2420582']
Reyb, on what authority do you tell us to abandon a 2000 year old theological tradition? I ask because from your posts, it seems to be based on your own private interpretation of scriptures. Who is to say that my personal interpretation of scriptures is inferior to yours? Especially because my interpretation is informed not only by current biblical scholarship, but a tradition dating back to the early Church Fathers, who were two or three degrees away from the apostles themselves. I can't help but feel that I (along with my Catholic brothers and sisters) have a bit of an upper hand here, bro.
[/quote]

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1335318279' post='2423014']
What denomination do you attend? Do you attend any public worship service? Simply put do you attend any community where you are taught these teachings you have provided for us? Or are you simply the Shepherd and flock of your own self professed church which God reveals to you alone?
[/quote]

I am not a member of any religious group because the entire humanity is just one body and even unbelievers are included in it. God thru Christ forgives us -all of us - even before we have our being nonetheless, many will never find rest because of their own doing. They craved for more although everything was already given. They cannot see although they are already in the light. Each of them will judge himself by his own measurement and by the same measurement he cannot acquit himself. He is like a dog continually trying to bite his own tail. He is now a restless god on the same day God rested in all his doing. This thing is forever.

Edited by reyb

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335317636' post='2423012']
are you referring to this (post)?
[/quote]

yerp. you still haven;t answered it. just ducked it twice. derp

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1335347609' post='2423108']
yerp. you still haven;t answered it. just ducked it twice. derp
[/quote]

I did it in post #10.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1335321070' post='2423026']
There's another Jesus? You must think so to say 'your Jesus' b/c this implies you believe in a Jesus different than the Jesus of the Catholic Church.

Please explain.
[/quote]
[quote name='mortify' timestamp='1335323589' post='2423043']
Is anyone as confused as I am? He asks whether "our Jesus" is the "historical Jesus." And "his Jesus" is not historical, i suppose?
[/quote]
[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335324789' post='2423047']
Hey I tried, 1700 posts and it still doesn't make sense to me.
[/quote]
[quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335341053' post='2423103']
My Jesus?

There is one Jesus.
There is one Church.
A Catholic would know that.
[/quote]

With due respect to Papist, let me post some verses where Apostle Paul mentioned ‘other Jesus’ in his letter and let us discuss it first before we proceed to Papist’s concern.

It is written in 2 Cor 11:1-6

[indent=1]11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4[b] For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached,[/b] or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way[/indent]

Again, he said ‘. [b]4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached,[/b]…’
Therefore, there is ‘other’ Jesus different from their Jesus.

Edited by reyb

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335356384' post='2423122']
I did it in post #10.
[/quote]

"[color=#282828]I do not know what you are talking? Teach me. Okay" [/color][color=#282828]is not an answer. it is a duck and cover. pretending you do not know what I mean. [/color]

[color=#282828] it is very simple: tell me which Gospel account was the favorite of St. Paul?[/color]

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

Basilisa Marie

Yay! A response to my post. :)

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335345903' post='2423107']

I am not a member of any religious group because the entire humanity is just one body and even unbelievers are included in it.
[/quote]

On some level, yes, humanity is all one body. But this body has many parts, each with their own function.
[quote]
God thru Christ forgives us -all of us - even before we have our being nonetheless, many will never find rest because of their own doing. They craved for more although everything was already given. They cannot see although they are already in the light. [/quote]

Okay, this is where I have a problem. I think you're misinterpreting these ideas from scripture.

Salvation (and thus forgiveness of sin) comes through Christ (yes, I agree with you here). This transcends time and space, and one could even say that we're forgiven before the sin occurs (still agreeing). But the difference I draw here is that we must choose to accept this forgiveness. That act of choice is what changes (makes right) our relationship with God and what enables us to accept the grace that will help us grow to become better people. Do you see what I'm getting at here? You say that people are already in the light, but just don't know it. I say that people need to step into the light. But we're both saying the light is already there.

[quote]Each of them will judge himself by his own measurement and by the same measurement he cannot acquit himself. He is like a dog continually trying to bite his own tail. He is now a restless god on the same day God rested in all his doing. This thing is forever.
[/quote]

Again I think things are a bit garbled. To some degree, we are each judged by our own lives and circumstances. Doing the best we can with the lives given to us...at least to a degree, because there is still the objective law and we're all called to follow Christ, and that has certain rules. But we don't do the judging...God does. God isn't a restless God. I don't know what you mean there. Or when you say this thing is forever.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1335360036' post='2423133']
"[color=#282828]I do not know what you are talking? Teach me. Okay" [/color][color=#282828]is not an answer. it is a duck and cover. pretending you do not know what I mean. [/color]

[color=#282828]it is very simple: tell me which Gospel account was the favorite of St. Paul?[/color]
[/quote]

I do not know what Paul favorite gospel account you are saying,

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335357869' post='2423128']
With due respect to Papist, let me post some verses where Apostle Paul mentioned ‘other Jesus’ in his letter and let us discuss it first before we proceed to Papist’s concern.

It is written in 2 Cor 11:1-6

[indent=1]11:1 I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4[b] For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached,[/b] or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles." 6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way[/indent]

Again, he said ‘. [b]4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached,[/b]…’
Therefore, there is ‘other’ Jesus different from their Jesus.
[/quote]
Yes. What you are doing here is what St. Paul is warning us about.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335345903' post='2423107']
I am not a member of any religious group because the entire humanity is just one body and even unbelievers are included in it.....................[/quote]

What a load of road apples.

The Pope is not in the same group as Vladimar Putin, I can assure you.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1335363236' post='2423143']
Yes. What you are doing here is what St. Paul is warning us about.
[/quote]

So you can see that there is another Jesus.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335365441' post='2423167']
So you can see that there is another Jesus.
[/quote]
No.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1335360418' post='2423135']
Yay! A response to my post. :)

On some level, yes, humanity is all one body. But this body has many parts, each with their own function.

Okay, this is where I have a problem. I think you're misinterpreting these ideas from scripture.

Salvation (and thus forgiveness of sin) comes through Christ (yes, I agree with you here). This transcends time and space, and one could even say that we're forgiven before the sin occurs (still agreeing). But the difference I draw here is that we must choose to accept this forgiveness. That act of choice is what changes (makes right) our relationship with God and what enables us to accept the grace that will help us grow to become better people. Do you see what I'm getting at here? You say that people are already in the light, but just don't know it. I say that people need to step into the light. But we're both saying the light is already there.

Again I think things are a bit garbled. To some degree, we are each judged by our own lives and circumstances. Doing the best we can with the lives given to us...at least to a degree, because there is still the objective law and we're all called to follow Christ, and that has certain rules. But we don't do the judging...God does. God isn't a restless God. I don't know what you mean there. Or when you say this thing is forever.
[/quote]

Let discuss this later and on another topic.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1335365526' post='2423168']
No.
[/quote]

I thought you are telling me I am introducing 'other' Jesus. Can you please explain to me that verse of Apostle Paul?

Edited by reyb

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335365880' post='2423171']
I thought you are telling me I am introducing to you 'other' Jesus. Can you please explain to me that verse of Apostle Paul?
[/quote]
Incorrect. You told me/us that I/we are following a different Jesus than you. I/we are not accepting what you say. When St. Paul refers to Jesus, he is referring to the Son of God, the second Person of the Trinity. What St. Paul is talking about in that verse you posted is that beware of people who come preaching and claim what they are teaching is the Good News of Jesus Christ, but are actually not teaching the Good News of Jesus Christ. Hence, this Jesus they are talking of does not exist. Therefore, only one true Jesus Christ exist. i.e. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

NOTE: My interpretation of scripture is not infallible