An Old School Catholic Message Board

Succession Of Lies

reyb

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1335309297' post='2422911']
reyb, You see what you want it to be.
[/quote]

Am I wrong that your Christ is the historical Jesus?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335309366' post='2422912']
For 1700 posts I have been trying to make some sense of what you claim, and it is no clearer now than when you started.

Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, the Alpha and Omega, has been promised in the Old Testament and written in the New Testament. He was present at the foundation of the Universe, born of the Virgin Mary and is now in Heaven, awaiting the Second Coming foretold.

Pax.
[/quote]

Believe me I know it. I do understand this teaching. I know you accepted this teaching to be true and from God. But I know too that this is all lies. Jewish expectations of how this coming of Christ will be realized is an erroneous interpretations to the testimonies of previous witnesses like the prophets and this historical realization of the coming of Christ is another erroneous interpretations of your early fathers in reading Luke. All of the writers of the scriptures (and not all books or testimonies are included in your bible) are all witnesses of Christ (and I am not referring to your historical Jesus).

cmotherofpirl

According to you only, and you have no authority given to you to make up your own religion. None whatsoever.
You are the false teacher they are talking about. Your opinions are no more valid than the thousands of protestant, evangelical or whatever cults out there. Repent while you can.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335308660' post='2422902']
Tell me what teachings of your Church I failed to see?
[/quote]

all of them mentioned in the last 7 pages of this thread. ...and you STILL haven;t answered my questions

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335314417' post='2422988']
According to you only, and you have no authority given to you to make up your own religion. None whatsoever.
You are the false teacher they are talking about. Your opinions are no more valid than the thousands of protestant, evangelical or whatever cults out there. Repent while you can.
[/quote]

I am now become a false teacher because I am telling you to seek the real Christ. What can I do then? Nevertheless, it seems you now see my point regarding ‘witnesses of the word’ in Luke’s letter. Repent? I am already doing it by telling you to seek Him.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1335317181' post='2423009']
all of them mentioned in the last 7 pages of this thread. ...and you STILL haven;t answered my questions
[/quote]

are you referring to this (post)?

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1334754775' post='2420147']
quick reyb! riddle me this: which was St. Paul's favorite Gospel account?
[/quote]

KnightofChrist

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335317296' post='2423010']
I am now become a false teacher because I am telling you to seek the real Christ. What can I do then? Nevertheless, it seems you now see my point regarding ‘witnesses of the word’ in Luke’s letter. Repent? I am already doing it by telling you to seek Him.
[/quote]

What denomination do you attend? Do you attend any public worship service? Simply put do you attend any community where you are taught these teachings you have provided for us? Or are you simply the Shepherd and flock of your own self professed church which God reveals to you alone?

[quote name='CaliforniaCatholic' timestamp='1335267834' post='2422574']
[b]Well, that is certainly a pathetic post. Here are the facts, courtesy of "Catholic Answers":[/b]

[color=#0000CD][b]FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH[/b]

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.

[b]The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)[/b]
Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church. His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).

[b]The Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)[/b]
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).

[b]The Church Is Catholic (Matt. 28:19–20, Rev. 5:9–10, CCC 830–856)[/b]
Jesus’ Church is called catholic ("universal" in Greek) because it is his gift to all people. He told his apostles to go throughout the world and make disciples of "all nations" (Matt. 28:19–20). For 2,000 years the Catholic Church has carried out this mission, preaching the good news that Christ died for all men and that he wants all of us to be members of his universal family (Gal. 3:28). Nowadays the Catholic Church is found in every country of the world and is still sending out missionaries to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19). The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it went all the way back to the time of the apostles.

[b]The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20, CCC 857–865)[/b]
The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2). These beliefs include the bodily Resurrection of Jesus, the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the sacrificial nature of the Mass, the forgiveness of sins through a priest, baptismal regeneration, the existence of purgatory, Mary’s special role, and much more —even the doctrine of apostolic succession itself. Early Christian writings prove the first Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice and looked to the successors of the apostles as their leaders. What these first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim.

[b]Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth[/b]

Man’s ingenuity cannot account for this. The Church has remained one, holy, catholic, and apostolic—not through man’s effort, but because God preserves the Church he established (Matt. 16:18, 28:20). He guided the Israelites on their escape from Egypt by giving them a pillar of fire to light their way across the dark wilderness (Exod. 13:21). Today he guides us through his Catholic Church. The Bible, sacred Tradition, and the writings of the earliest Christians testify that the Church teaches with Jesus’ authority. In this age of countless competing religions, each clamoring for attention, one voice rises above the din: the Catholic Church, which the Bible calls "the pillar and foundation of truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). Jesus assured the apostles and their successors, the popes and the bishops, "He who listens to you listens to me, and he who rejects you rejects me" (Luke 10:16). Jesus promised to guide his Church into all truth (John 16:12–13). We can have confidence that his Church teaches only the truth.[/color]
[/quote]

Before we discuss about ‘four marks of your Church’. Is it not proper to discuss whether your Jesus ( the one I called historical Jesus) is for real or not? Please read our previous discussions and then get involved in the discussion. I have other topic titled ‘One True Church’.

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335319126' post='2423018']
Before we discuss about ‘four marks of your Church’. Is it not proper to discuss whether your Jesus ( the one I called historical Jesus) is for real or not? Please read our previous discussions and then get involved in the discussion. I have other topic titled ‘One True Church’.
[/quote]
There's another Jesus? You must think so to say 'your Jesus' b/c this implies you believe in a Jesus different than the Jesus of the Catholic Church.

Please explain.

[/quote]

Is anyone as confused as I am? He asks whether "our Jesus" is the "historical Jesus." And "his Jesus" is not historical, i suppose?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='mortify' timestamp='1335323589' post='2423043']
Is anyone as confused as I am? He asks whether "our Jesus" is the "historical Jesus." And "his Jesus" is not historical, i suppose?
[/quote]Hey I tried, 1700 posts and it still doesn't make sense to me.

[/quote]

By this point I am very sure you are blatantly trolling. Stop it.

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1335292995' post='2422793']
Its funny how there are thousands of protestants with differing theologies all over the internet saying the CC is wrong, read me, I have the explanation for it all. Pounding their fists on the table, so sure they are right! Could it be that they are ALL blind? Seems likely to me. How does the shoe feel reyb?
[/quote]

Good observation