An Old School Catholic Message Board

Succession Of Lies

reyb

CaliforniaCatholic

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335270672' post='2422598']May there be a peaceble sollution to this thread.[/quote]

The solution is quite simple: Do not falsely accuse a brother.

Unsubscribing

Groo the Wanderer

nothing much really. reyb asks questions. they are answered. he ignores the answers. he then changes definitions of words because he doesn't like the catholic meaning and asks the same questions again. people ask him questions. he doesn't answer them. not much of a debate or a discussion.

more entertaining than watching paint dry. less fulfilling than picking one's nose.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335261626' post='2422535']
Anyone who preached about Christ without seeing Him is basically a false teacher.
[/quote]

So you are basing your entire argument on one line taken out of context? St Luke was WITH St Paul, so St Luke could not have recorded anything other than what St Paul, St Peter and the Virgin Mary and other eyewitnesses TOLD him.

Luke 1:11 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a narration of the things that have been accomplished among us;
2 According as they have delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word:
3 It seemed good to me also, having diligently attained to all things from the beginning, to write to thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4 That thou mayest know the verity of those words in which thou hast been instructed.

This is what happens when people read the Bible without context or teaching authority.

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335269125' post='2422579']
he Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)
By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23). But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).

I don't get this bit here about John 6:70 , the comment leads us to believe there are some bad and some holy. I just read it and it says "one of you is a devil" He was talking about Judas whom would betray him. That must be a great minority which is 1/12 if indeed he is giving a spiritual about the church as a whole. And anyway is this catholic answer diddy a matter of faith and morals stamped by the holy spirit through a pope with the grace of god ?
[/quote]
Through the Church's teaching, prayer and worship, and good works, the Church is a visible sign of holiness.The Church is Holy b/c Christ Himself is the source of all holiness: "The one Christ is mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in His body which is the Church" (Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, #14).

Christ sanctifies the Church, and the Church, through Him and with Him, the Church is His agent of sanctification. Through the ministry of the Church and the power of the Holy Spirit, our Lord gives abundance of graces, especially through the sacraments.

cmotherofpirl

Acts 13:30-33 [url="http://www.universalis.com/lauds.htm#copyright"]©[/url] [color=#000000]
God raised Jesus from the dead, and for many days he appeared to those who had accompanied him from Galilee to Jerusalem: and it is these same companions of his who are now his witnesses before our people. We have come here to tell you the Good News. It was to our ancestors that God made the promise but it is to us, their children, that he has fulfilled it, by raising Jesus from the dead. As scripture says in the second psalm: You are my son: today I have become your father.[/color]

[color=#000000]
There is only one Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, preached by all the Apostles the same way. Anyone who preached something different than the Apostles would be preaching "another Jesus". Your error is assuming that only St Paul was a witness or a recorder.[/color]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335279333' post='2422703']
So you are basing your entire argument on one line taken out of context? St Luke was WITH St Paul, so St Luke could not have recorded anything other than what St Paul, St Peter and the Virgin Mary and other eyewitnesses TOLD him.

Luke 1:11 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a narration of the things that have been accomplished among us;
2 According as they have delivered them unto us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word:
3 It seemed good to me also, having diligently attained to all things from the beginning, to write to thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
4 That thou mayest know the verity of those words in which thou hast been instructed.

This is what happens when people read the Bible without context or teaching authority.
[/quote]

But who told you that Luke is not witness of Christ? I already explained these things from the beginning and until now you are not listening. Luke is a witness of Christ like Apostle Paul and many other witnesses before him and he is referring to Moses, Jonah, and other prophets when he said ‘witnesses of the word’ in this letter. I even told you ‘he included all of their accounts or narration of the coming of Christ in making his story about the mystery of the coming of Christ in a form of reality. He is not referring to Mary, Joseph, Peter or 12 Apostles or any character in his story because they do not exist in reality. They are all just ‘characters’ in his story.

Obviously, you do not consider Luke a true witness of Christ. Do you really think a man can tell you about ‘the mystery of God’ without seeing God himself? Or do you really think a man can tell you about Christ without seeing Christ himself? If you can tell about Jesus without seeing Jesus then that Jesus is not from God. It comes from your own ability to comprehend the scriptures. It seem until now you cannot see the difference of these two Jesuses.

thessalonian

Its funny how there are thousands of protestants with differing theologies all over the internet saying the CC is wrong, read me, I have the explanation for it all. Pounding their fists on the table, so sure they are right! Could it be that they are ALL blind? Seems likely to me. How does the shoe feel reyb?

Edited by thessalonian

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='reyb' timestamp='1335290655' post='2422778']
. He is not referring to Mary, Joseph, Peter or 12 Apostles or any character in his story because they do not exist in reality. *** WRONG ***
They are all just ‘characters’ in his story. *** WRONG AGAIN ***

Obviously, you do not consider Luke a true witness of Christ. *** SHE NEVER SAID THIS. YOU ARE MAKING UP A FALSEHOOD ***
Do you really think a man can tell you about ‘the mystery of God’ without seeing God himself? *** YES. DUH. I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT ATOMS, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE ***
Or do you really think a man can tell you about Christ without seeing Christ himself? *** SEE ABOVE ***
If you can tell about Jesus without seeing Jesus then that Jesus is not from God. *** DO NOT PLACE YOUR LIMITAITONS ON OTHER PEOPLE. THIS IS A STRAW MAN ***
It comes from your own ability to comprehend the scriptures. It seem until now you cannot see the difference of these two Jesuses. *** ONE JESUS DOOD ***
[/quote]

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1335278429' post='2422688']
nothing much really. reyb asks questions. they are answered. he ignores the answers. he then changes definitions of words because he doesn't like the catholic meaning and asks the same questions again. people ask him questions. he doesn't answer them. not much of a debate or a discussion.

more entertaining than watching paint dry. less fulfilling than picking one's nose.
[/quote]

Tell me what teachings of your Church I failed to see?

cmotherofpirl

For 1700 posts I have been trying to make some sense of what you claim, and it is no clearer now than when you started.

Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, the Alpha and Omega, has been promised in the Old Testament and written in the New Testament. He was present at the foundation of the Universe, born of the Virgin Mary and is now in Heaven, awaiting the Second Coming foretold.

Pax.

[quote name='thessalonian' timestamp='1335292995' post='2422793']
Its funny how there are thousands of protestants with differing theologies all over the internet saying the CC is wrong, read me, I have the explanation for it all. Pounding their fists on the table, so sure they are right! Could it be that they are ALL blind? Seems likely to me. How does the shoe feel reyb?
[/quote]

I know there are thousand and thousands of preachers who teach about Christ without seeing Him, and they are divided accusing one another as false teachers while all of them are claiming having the truth from God himself. That is what your early fathers bring into this world. Schism.