An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

Sorry for the offensive pic. But baseball still is barely a sport. 

Define a valid sport. 

dominicansoul

I could care less what anyone thinks, call baseball whatever you want, I find it enjoyable (especially the part where you sit in the stands and drink beer and eat hot dogs while waiting for something exciting to happen.)

Me too. Despite what people say, baseball is the purest team sport.  Baseball has the most plays per game of any sport. Every pitch is a play.  It is the ONLY sport that it is never over until the very end (i.e. no clock).  Just look at game 6 of 2011 WS (sorry DS). I seen games that a team scored 8 runs in the 9th to tie the game. Majority of sports writers and experts say the hardest thing to do in sports is hit a major league fastball. No other sport can failure 70% of the time equal high success.  Baseball players play minimum 5 days a week for 6 months in normally extremely hot conditions. A starting pitcher has been known to lose several pounds in one game. I can go on and on.

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

I love how the 55% tie rate is completely made up, especially coming from people who love a hugely stats-based sport like baseball.

Arfiiiiiiink accusing me of lying how classy.  Which sport is your fave again? Oh that's right you hate sports, you just came in here to attack me personally.  It's a good thing I am not a vengeful folk and just like to turn the other cheek.  Here's my source btw...  http://www.soccersucks.net/soccer_sucks.html   I don't suggest going everywhere on that site it's not entirely appropriate, nothing to bring you to the confessional but still.  So those of you who wanna talk baseball plz continue on in this thread and those who don't stop rudely highjacking it.  Thank you.  

Define a valid sport. 

I never said valid. Its just non-athletic. Its a bunch of fat cocky men standing around. 

I never said valid. Its just non-athletic. Its a bunch of fat cocky men standing around. 

I don't know your baseball.

I don't know your baseball.

My baseball? Unfortunately I played baseball from age 6 - 14. 

My baseball? Unfortunately I played baseball from age 6 - 14. 

Can you please show me evidence of the "fat cocky men"?

Can you please show me evidence of the "fat cocky men"?

Watch the next baseball game on TV.