An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/469467_10152118587415384_1830546323_o.jpg[/img]

The view from the cheap seats is GORGEOUS!

• 3 weeks later...

the last day of the AL today will sure be interesting

Texas @ Oakland 3:35 ET. Winner wins the AL West. loser goes to the wildcard game. Oakland had a miserable start to their season but when all star break hit they got red hot. Now they can steal the division from Texas.

Yankees are 1 game ahead of Baltimore. Yankees are home vs Boston at 7:05. Baltimore's @ Tampa at 7:10. Yankees will win the division unless they lose and Baltimore wins, then there would be a 1 game tiebreak on Thursday. Whoever doesn't win the division will play the Texas/Oakland loser in that wildcard game.

On top of all this. Detroit's Miguel Cabrera has a good shot at the AL triple crown.(leading homers, batting average and RBIs)

Oakland came back from 5-1 to beat Texas 12-5. Story of their season really. Now Texas is figuring out who they will play in the wildcard game. These night games also paint pretty much the entire AL playoff picture. Noone knows who they're gonna play. Lots of scenarios.

Can't believe the Rangers are in the stupid 1-game playoff, after their start to the season.

The Pirates finished below .500 AGAIN!

[img]http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1102854665/st_louis_cardinals_logo_normal.jpg[/img]

Yes. First year doing it. Another stellar idea from Selig. I believe it is MLB's way to decrease the chance of a wild card team winning the World Series.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1349358315' post='2489914']
Yes. First year doing it. Another stellar idea from Selig. I believe it is MLB's way to decrease the chance of a wild card team winning the World Series.
[/quote]

To be fair, there would of been a 1 game playoff anyway since Texas and Baltimore have the same record (93-69)

Maximilianus

I'm throwing my name into the hat for Boston's next manager, after I get the gig I will never use the DH option.

muhuhahahahahahaha.

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the infield fly call by that umpire was the correct call. The infielder could have caught the popup, and could have caught it quite easily. It was a very routine play. The rules seem 100% clear that it's an infield fly.