An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1336047067' post='2426479']
What is a ground rule triple?
[/quote]
I don't know!

A ground rule triple is when an outfielder throws his glove and/or hat at the ball in order to stop it.

[color=#000000]Pujols .208 BA, 0 HR, 5 RBI in 25 games [/color]
[color=#000000]Beltran .279 BA, 7 HR, 18 RBI in 24 games[/color]

[color=#000000]As much as I wanted to see Pujols retire in a Cardinals uniform, I beleive Cardinals' front office did the right thing.[/color]

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Weaver is on my fantasy team. Heck ya!!! Pujols' team is on the last place team that hasn't won or tied a game this season (Yes there's ties in fantasy Baseball but of course not in the playoffs). the standings look something like this.
1.) Dad's team 3-0-0
2.) Honorary Step Uncle's team 2-1-0
2.) Dad's co worker's team 2-1-0
4.) Me 1-1-1
5.) My Dad's Dad 0-2-1
6.) my Sister's maid of honor and the league only yankee fan 0-3-0!!!

She has more Red Sox on her team than I do though she has Adrian Gonzalez in her Utility spot which helps off set for Pujols.

Despite Weaver's no no the expensive and talented Angels have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underacheiving. It seems to be the opposite with the O's. [url="http://www.mattwietersfacts.com/"]http://www.mattwietersfacts.com/[/url] check out this link lol.

DS doesn't have a fantasy team I'n guessing. lemme put it too you this way Pujols isn't my problem. But weaver doing good is totttally amesome. In fantasy sports you find yourself rooting for parts of teams, like Go Weaver but not Pujols or Go Aviles but not Beckett.

Maximilianus

Classic Mets moments

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U6b2Y89YYsY/SiVVsejj-vI/AAAAAAAAAMI/ChSJjnHZa0I/s1600/008_bobby_valentine_hof.jpg[/img]

Boston can only hope to have such an awesom[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]e[/font] incident.

PhuturePriest

I like The Royals myself. I went to my first official game this year and I really enjoyed it. They have a brand-new stadium and it's gotta be the nicest stadium around right now. I also like the Blue Jays, but I've always been a fan of Canada so that's not a surprise.

And yes, I'm in for a very, very long year...

Maximilianus

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4lJTcxT9wLY/SLQkoBdyOgI/AAAAAAAADL8/dhRbzJOImCE/s400/700A.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1336054495' post='2426502']
[color=#000000]Pujols .208 BA, 0 HR, 5 RBI in 25 games [/color]
[color=#000000]Beltran .279 BA, 7 HR, 18 RBI in 24 games[/color]

[color=#000000]As much as I wanted to see Pujols retire in a Cardinals uniform, I beleive Cardinals' front office did the right thing.[/color]
[/quote]

Pujols finally got a home run this season. But when you stop to think about it.....

[size=6]That's only only one more than [i][b]I[/b][/i] have! [/size]

[size=6][size=2]And they ain't payin' me anything [i][b]near[/b][/i] what they're payin' him....[/size][/size][size=2] [/size][size=6][size=2] :pinch:[/size][/size]

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1336104120' post='2426869']
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4lJTcxT9wLY/SLQkoBdyOgI/AAAAAAAADL8/dhRbzJOImCE/s400/700A.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Even [b]with[/b] George Brett, the Kansas City Royals have always been, continue to be, and probably always will be the sorriest franchise in bas[size=4]eball. Why, even the Chicago Cubs have.... [/size]

[size=2]Wait a minute... I might have to do some research here....[/size]

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1336451918' post='2428532']
Pujols finally got a home run this season. But when you stop to think about it.....

[size=6]That's only only one more than [i][b]I[/b][/i] have! [/size]

[size=6][size=2]And they ain't payin' me anything [i][b]near[/b][/i] what they're payin' him....[/size][/size][size=6][size=2] :pinch:[/size][/size]
[/quote]

He can have solace that it wasn't about the money. rotfl

Actually, I like Pujols. He's just a poor kid from the Dominican, and he's got to make as much money as possible while he can still play. I don't blame him for that. He's certainly not the only money-grubber in the big leagues.

He has a special needs child, and I know somebody who used to work with the child. The somebody I know says Pujols donates a lot to charity and helps various groups raise funds, especially for kids with special needs.

[size=2]But it remains true that he has only one more homer than I do. [/size] :whistle:

Hamilton had 4 home runs last night in one game. That's better than hitting for the cycle in my book. Has anyone noticed how awful a season Jose Batista from Toronto has had for a guy that has led the majors in HRs the last two seasons has only 2 home runs and is batting under the mendoza line (Under .200 for those of you that don't know what the Mendoza line is).